watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterWheel

I'm in agreement that Rigg may have dropped a clod on this appointment. His over-cocky "We ain't getting a manager, we're getting a First Team Coach" may well have put off a few of our targets. There was absolutely no reason to say it in the first place. If a manager wants to be called that, let him. Doesn't mean you can't spell out his role re recruitment, youngsters etc.
But this dappy adamant "First Team Coach" pronouncement may mean we end up with someone else of the calibre of Kit.
If you want the best, don't tell everyone you want second best.

PokerMatt

Follow me: @mattdjourno

Dr Know

Quote from: MJG on November 17, 2015, 08:45:01 AM
Clark was great for us and how anyone can call him a negative or sideways player I just dont understand.
Because he was negative and never looked to make a forward pass

Twig

Quote from: Dr Know on November 17, 2015, 06:11:35 PM
Clark was great for us and how anyone can call him a negative or sideways player I just don't understand.

Oh no, please drop this you are embarrassing yourself.

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on November 17, 2015, 06:57:10 PM
Clark was great for us and how anyone can call him a negative or sideways player I just don't understand.

I think he is confusing him with Stephen davis
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on November 17, 2015, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: Twig on November 17, 2015, 06:57:10 PM

I think he is confusing him with Stephen davis
has to be, anyone who cannot recognise the efforts of Clark when at Fulham was either not born or just plain blind in my opinion
Every day is a Fulham day

J

dannyboi-ffc

Clark was great for us and how anyone can call him a negative or sideways player I just dont understand.

This has to be a joke? Clark may not be the answer as manager but as a player and as a captain he was magnificent. Not just his ability but his passion for the team. Imo he was a better captain than Murphy.

No offence as you're entitled to your opinion but I can't imagine any fulham fan agreeing with you.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Julius Geezer

Looks like its Steve Clarke or Pearson.

Sounds good, would take either to be honest!

A little concerning that they've taken so long with the appointment but they're probably the best two candidates available to us anyway.

FPT

Steve Clarke'd be interesting. He was my choice if Kit was not to be made the permanent manager of the club, and he was available at the time. At Reading he's been given resources to bring in Vydra, which I believe is unofficially their most expensive signing - on top of what may have been expensive frees in Stephen Quinn and Paul McShane, and the £1m Orlando Sa. Reading have tailed off a little with one win in six, dropping out of the play off spots. Seems the defensive work that contributed to their position initially has waned too. I like Clarke, but can't quite see why he'd leave.

After re-watching the Mike Rigg video post-sacking, and hearing Rigg discuss how we are a values driven club, I'm not sure how Pearson fits; I can't see past his personality issues. He choked an opposition player for christ sake... This guy's head goes stupidly easily and his behaviour embarrasses me as a lover of all things football.

davew

This post might need to be diverted to another thread, but having seen his name appear on out apparent shortlist of 3 now to take over, thought I might like to find out who this guy is as I had never heard of him!!! Ok so now I know, why don't we just do a raffle with season ticket fans and the holder of seat number in gate section number will be appointed our new coach!! What a joke this is all becoming!! All will be made clearer after Saturday's game which I have to say I think we will lose (sorry)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alexmur

Quote from: Julius Geezer on November 17, 2015, 08:45:28 PM
Looks like its Steve Clarke or Pearson.

Sounds good, would take either to be honest!

A little concerning that they've taken so long with the appointment but they're probably the best two candidates available to us anyway.
I'd be happy with Pearson not sure if I'd be as happy with Clarke

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fulham76

Quote from: davew on November 17, 2015, 09:43:46 PM
This post might need to be diverted to another thread, but having seen his name appear on out apparent shortlist of 3 now to take over, thought I might like to find out who this guy is as I had never heard of him!!! Ok so now I know, why don't we just do a raffle with season ticket fans and the holder of seat number in gate section number will be appointed our new coach!! What a joke this is all becoming!! All will be made clearer after Saturday's game which I have to say I think we will lose (sorry)!

Never heard of him so googled him earlier.... Been at Exeter a long time & had almost 37% win rate, which is nothing special. Highest level he's managed at is league 2 & they currently sit mid table (14th), in league 2.
No idea why we're being linked with this guy other than the fact that he'll be cheap compared to the other names we're being linked with.

davew

Beginning to think we should have kept KS, as the lack in progress by the Club management does match Kit's performance as a manager, a marriage made in heaven!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Rhys Lightning 63

When I first saw the name, I thought it read Peter Ridsdale
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FPT

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 17, 2015, 10:00:01 PM
When I first saw the name, I thought it read Peter Ridsdale

Now there's a name I haven't heard of for a long while...

Loz

I never even knew Exeter had a football team.

Starting to wonder: is it too late to Back Kit?
@LawrenceQuilty

SG

More than 44,000 views and still going strong. Aside from the women over 40 thread this must be setting some records

Riverside

Does anyone know if Curbisley is still heading the training ? Is he "acting" ( not caretaker ) head coach ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk