more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

he is taking training yes.

as for the Clark story yesterday that would be a far better option that Pearson, no comparison for me
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

C O Y W

westcliff white

A lot of money must have gone on Clark as he is into 5/2 in places

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 09:17:36 AM
I'm still sitting on my £10 at 33-1 for Garcia. He was 20-1 last night

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2015, 09:22:24 AM
Always Hope MJG, I cant see why Clarke would come to us (if there is any truth in the reports), Reading are 4 points above us (only 4 but still above), they have new owners and surely they wouldn't let him go? I would think we can offer him a better package overall salary wise but then is that all anyone wants? maybe our squad on paper is better but the proof is in the performances.

I would welcome his appointment for sure but am not raising my hopes, more likely end up with a man with no morals or virtues lol

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 09:28:13 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2015, 09:22:24 AM
Always Hope MJG, I cant see why Clarke would come to us (if there is any truth in the reports), Reading are 4 points above us (only 4 but still above), they have new owners and surely they wouldn't let him go? I would think we can offer him a better package overall salary wise but then is that all anyone wants? maybe our squad on paper is better but the proof is in the performances.

I would welcome his appointment for sure but am not raising my hopes, more likely end up with a man with no morals or virtues lol
I'm pretty sure that while its not a hard and fast rule that there is a gentleman's agreement to not approach managers in a job from the same league/division.
That's why I'm not reading any truth in to the Clarke link.

As I said on Cottage Talk last night I do think we after someone who's already in a job (hence why we are a week and half into the search) but we will end up with Pearson for whatever reason.

westcliff white

interesting, I had never heard they maybe such a gentleman's agreement, I the isnt if we genuionely want SC

Chutney

We are better than reading, we beat them by only playing well for 10 minutes. Steve Clark would do very well with us.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on November 18, 2015, 09:38:39 AM
interesting, I had never heard they maybe such a gentleman's agreement, I the isnt if we genuionely want SC
And of course we know all football clubs have a very high moral code and would not think of breaking that

westcliff white

westcliff white

SKy bet now have Clarke at 5/4 from 4/1 that's some serious backing

mike_corkcity12

Steve Clarke? Noooooooo. Poor mans Chris Hughton.

Pearson is just playing hardball about the amount of influence Rigg can have I would say.

Chutney

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on November 18, 2015, 11:06:15 AM
Steve Clarke? Noooooooo. Poor mans Chris Hughton.

Pearson is just playing hardball about the amount of influence Rigg can have I would say.

Do you think he's accused rigg of being an ostrich yet?
C O Y W

Oakeshott

"SKy bet now have Clarke at 5/4 from 4/1 that's some serious backing"

Still available at over 2/1 on Betfair.

filham

Quote from: Riverside on November 18, 2015, 09:01:26 AM
Does anyone know if Curbisley is still heading the training ? Is he "acting" ( not caretaker ) head coach ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I hope someone is in charge of the team and preparing them for Saturday's match. Who else but Curbishley

westcliff white

I would take Clarke over Pearson, poor mans Chris Hughton or not Reading play good football and win, as do Brighton but more chance of getting Clarke

grandad

Quote from: Oakeshott on November 18, 2015, 11:09:19 AM
"SKy bet now have Clarke at 5/4 from 4/1 that's some serious backing"

Still available at over 2/1 on Betfair.

With the relative small number of bets being laid it would only take one bet of £5 to change the odds.It is not exactly betting on a scale of the Grand National.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

True granddad, but the movement from not in the betting to now being favourite with some would indicate some decent size wagers being laid. Clarke has now gone odds on as well with sky bet and paddy power

mike_corkcity12

How much compensation would we have to pay? Expect us to sign a load of Chelsea loanees. At least we would be defensively solid.

westcliff white

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on November 18, 2015, 11:55:43 AM
How much compensation would we have to pay? Expect us to sign a load of Chelsea loanees. At least we would be defensively solid.
Guess that depends on his salary and contract length, apparently he has 18 months left or of course if Reading inserted a release fee