more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Wouldn't take Rosler personally.

Jokanovic is a yes for me, as is Rowett, Hughton and Dyche (last two not very likely I admit), to a lesser degree Curbs, JFH and possibly Ainsworth.

Two very left field ones would be Parker with an experienced assistant or Phil Brown, given what he has done at Southend on a non existent budget and the football they play is incredible for the divisions they have been in and limited resources. I watched them train the other week top session and he came across and spoke really well. But as I say left field that would be
Every day is a Fulham day

Riverside

I think Kit Symons is available and could be an improvement on our current set up .

Though maybe not an upgrade on what we had 3 weeks ago .

Rowett though does interest . But I question whether we can entice him ( same as Warburton ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chutney

Rowett is the reason JFH is doing so well at Burton, he would be brilliant for us
C O Y W

rubbernecca

He's an up and coming manager - he would make an impact.

Hopefully we can entice him with our more stable ownership! He does have a strong connection to Birmingham.

westcliff white

Rowett now 5/1 on in most places, good or bad sign I don't know, only means to me someone has put some money on him, but not much as it is a low betting market.

Brum as of last night saying no approach for their manager at all

hovewhite

phil brown a real man manager and surely even rigg could offer enough to get him in!

Tempest

Do Head COaches work here? Can't think of a HC that has really worked out well. Am I old fashioned or should it be a CHairman to oversee the club in all aspects other than football related matters and a manager to manage the football aspects?

Managing by stats or having people like Mike Rigg involved with signings (apparently) is just wrong. As someone once said, football is a simple game.........it still is but people like Rigg and others over complicate it.
Live in Falmouth!

Hersham Henry

Quote from: Chutney on November 27, 2015, 08:18:13 AM
Rowett is the reason JFH is doing so well at Burton, he would be brilliant for us
Why haven't we made a good offer to JFH - must be as good as any of those who have been seriously considered.

Oakeshott

Westcliffe White

Rowett currently 5/2 (in traditional odds) on Betfair, followed by Pearson (11/2), Smith (6/1) and Warburton (13/2).

MJG

Quote from: Tempest on November 27, 2015, 11:17:23 AM
Do Head COaches work here? Can't think of a HC that has really worked out well. Am I old fashioned or should it be a CHairman to oversee the club in all aspects other than football related matters and a manager to manage the football aspects?

Managing by stats or having people like Mike Rigg involved with signings (apparently) is just wrong. As someone once said, football is a simple game.........it still is but people like Rigg and others over complicate it.
Yes they do. The game and running of a club is too big for a 'manager' he cant oversee all the football aspects like they used. And frankly I don't want them to either. A team should not be built on the whim of one man anymore. Their time as the manager of a club is getting shorter and shorter and once they move on you are left with their legacy.
Its needs to be a collaborative effort by all involved, but that's not to say a coach should have players dumped on them or that they don't request certain players.
Jokanovic for example is a coach who just gets on with working with the players. he has seemingly no interest in the bigger picture of the buying and selling of players.

HV71

Quote from: MJG on November 27, 2015, 11:37:21 AM

Yes they do. The game and running of a club is too big for a 'manager' he cant oversee all the football aspects like they used. And frankly I don't want them to either. A team should not be built on the whim of one man anymore. Their time as the manager of a club is getting shorter and shorter and once they move on you are left with their legacy.
Its needs to be a collaborative effort by all involved, but that's not to say a coach should have players dumped on them or that they don't request certain players.
Jokanovic for example is a coach who just gets on with working with the players. he has seemingly no interest in the bigger picture of the buying and selling of players.

Spot on MJG  - it simply has to be a more collaborative effort these days. The amounts of money involved, even for a smaller club like ours, are so huge that a dictatorial manager could ' bet the business " and ruin the club ( especially with a rich but novice football owner ). People like Jokanovic have adapted to the new world and have proved that it can still be effective .

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Chutney on November 27, 2015, 08:18:13 AM

Yesterday someone posted that Rowett took his coaching team with him so that would mean that JFH has taken Burton forward through his own skills.

Also it may mean that Rowett would want to bring his team with him which might complicate matters or put the move out of the cost range that seems to have been set.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: HV71 on November 27, 2015, 11:58:27 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 27, 2015, 11:37:21 AM

Spot on MJG  - it simply has to be a more collaborative effort these days. The amounts of money involved, even for a smaller club like ours, are so huge that a dictatorial manager could ' bet the business " and ruin the club ( especially with a rich but novice football owner ). People like Jokanovic have adapted to the new world and have proved that it can still be effective .

Exactly both MJG and HV71.

Magath wanted to be coach, manager and Director of Football. Is that not warning enough?

Neil D

The head coach /  director of football division makes theoretical sense but how does it work in practice.  If a head coach decides to play in a certain way, then he will need the players to reflect this.  There's no point in the director saying I've just signed a Billy Bremner when the coach wanted a Jim Baxter.  So, who decides the style of play?

westcliff white

Quote from: Oakeshott on November 27, 2015, 11:37:04 AM
Westcliffe White

Rowett currently 5/2 (in traditional odds) on Betfair, followed by Pearson (11/2), Smith (6/1) and Warburton (13/2).
Got mine from odds checker this morning, still the same now

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/fulham/next-permanent-manager

BedsFFC

I had thought that maybe we were waiting for Black Friday for a better deal. Appears not.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: BedsFFC on November 27, 2015, 01:37:14 PM
I had thought that maybe we were waiting for Black Friday for a better deal. Appears not.

Mike Rigg must have got trampled in the stampede at Burton Albion. May he rest in peace
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

mike_corkcity12

Barra Boy on TFI said we would get a new manager today. He hasn't had a source in years though.

Oakeshott

Westcliffe White

Indeed, but as regards Betfair at least, Oddschecker is wrong. (Rowett now 3.0 on Betfair, or approx. 2/1 in conventional odds.)

gerrys

Quote from: Neil D on November 27, 2015, 01:02:42 PM
The head coach /  director of football division makes theoretical sense but how does it work in practice.  If a head coach decides to play in a certain way, then he will need the players to reflect this.  There's no point in the director saying I've just signed a Billy Bremner when the coach wanted a Jim Baxter.  So, who decides the style of play?
in Italy you have the Allenatore, which translate as coach, and the Direttore Sportivo which translates as Sporting Director.......Ranieri, Mourinho, Trapattoni etc. were all allenatori...