https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

Quote from: gerrys on November 27, 2015, 02:00:58 PM
Quote from: Neil D on November 27, 2015, 01:02:42 PM
The head coach /  director of football division makes theoretical sense but how does it work in practice.  If a head coach decides to play in a certain way, then he will need the players to reflect this.  There's no point in the director saying I've just signed a Billy Bremner when the coach wanted a Jim Baxter.  So, who decides the style of play?
in Italy you have the Allenatore, which translate as coach, and the Direttore Sportivo which translates as Sporting Director.......Ranieri, Mourinho, Trapattoni etc. were all allenatori...
I'm sure that's true, Gerry, but who decides how the team plays?  If it's the coach, then does he say to the director I need an attacking midfielder or a holding one etc.  Get me one.  Or is it the other way round?  Here is a holding midfielder I bought for you.  Now choose tactics  to suit. 

By the way, what does the commissario tecnico in the Italian setup do?

westcliff white

Quote from: Oakeshott on November 27, 2015, 01:56:27 PM
Westcliffe White

Indeed, but as regards Betfair at least, Oddschecker is wrong. (Rowett now 3.0 on Betfair, or approx. 2/1 in conventional odds.)
I have check don the following sites just now and Sky Bet and Ladbrokes have him at 1/5, Paddy Power have him at 1/6

Odds are irrelevant to a degree as in a low betting market a relatively small bet of 500 pounds can move the odds a fair bit.
Every day is a Fulham day

mkras99

From Wayne Veysey

@footyinsider247: We hear there has been another twist in Fulham manager pursuit. Stay tuned. https://t.co/iALBSUhVpf

alexbishop

Quote from: mkras99 on November 27, 2015, 03:15:22 PM
From Wayne Veysey

@footyinsider247: We hear there has been another twist in Fulham manager pursuit. Stay tuned. https://t.co/iALBSUhVpf

ergh
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

BobbyTheBrain

From Wayne Veysey

They've hired Big Ron.
It's not fair to flair.

Jimmy Hill

alexmur

could be Rene

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oakeshott

Westcliffe White

Yes, thin market and moved by relatively small sums.

But the odds make a hell of a difference if one wants to back Rowett. If he is appointed, £20 less commision won per £10 staked, compared with £2 or so per £10 with the conventional bookies.

Bassey the warrior

From Wayne Veysey

Don't hold your breath. Veysey is not reliable.

westcliff white

Quote from: Oakeshott on November 27, 2015, 04:07:54 PM
Westcliffe White

Yes, thin market and moved by relatively small sums.

But the odds make a hell of a difference if one wants to back Rowett. If he is appointed, £20 less commision won per £10 staked, compared with £2 or so per £10 with the conventional bookies.

Agree if you think its Rowett lump on at Betfair.
Every day is a Fulham day

rusty shackleford

Warburton odds been shortening steadily today

Deni On T'Crossbar

Gary Rowett will remain #BirminghamCity manager despite interest from #FulhamFC #FFC #BCFC. Full story on way #SSNHQ

From @SkySportsLyall on Twitter

Horsfield_No9

Is this why money has suddenly gone on Warburton?
He certainly aint leaving Rangers for us especially not as 4th choice.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

rusty shackleford

Deni On T'Crossbar

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on November 27, 2015, 05:10:53 PM

How about we just fast forward to the point where Warburton turns us down, to save us having to wait until Tuesday?

Fulham76

Quote from: Jono on November 27, 2015, 05:18:54 PM

How about we just fast forward to the point where Warburton turns us down, to save us having to wait until Tuesday?

:plus one:

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 27, 2015, 05:20:16 PM
Quote from: Jono on November 27, 2015, 05:18:54 PM

:plus one:

+2
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

J.Perkins

Managers don't usually just leave 1 club to another, unless a ridiculous deal is agreed. Pearson wanted way too much, making it a very unlikely deal. We move on.

rusty shackleford

Is there anywhere us regular joes can apply? Must have a decent shout at this stage?