watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarryMeWRoy

What are the odds on this thread reaching 150 pages before a manager (oops sorry Head Coach) is found?  The odds are tumbling....

FPT

On that Seedorf "link," he said this about his philosophy:

I have been fortunate to work with many great coaches and also in different countries and I have taken a bit from all of them - Dutch, Spanish, Italian and Brazilian football. I want a mix of all of that in my team - the good possession and organised football of Dutch school and the attacking mentality of the Spanish. The Italians know how to defend in a very organised way and play for the result, and there is the freedom to express players' talent you have in Brazilian football. I saw it happen in a few matches when I was at Milan and now I would like to create it on a more consistent basis - attacking football but with a good organised defensive system. The most important thing for me is to value the players, and try to improve them individually in order to improve the team. Every player can still grow - there is no limit to that, even when I was 38 I improved myself in certain things and that is what I will always do with my players to help them get the best out of themselves."

One James stannard

To be fair we have been linked to every tom, dick and arry!!  :023:........ Did I just say arry  :doh:

@jolslover

Quote from: FPT on December 01, 2015, 06:01:26 PM
On that Seedorf "link," he said this about his philosophy:

I have been fortunate to work with many great coaches and also in different countries and I have taken a bit from all of them - Dutch, Spanish, Italian and Brazilian football. I want a mix of all of that in my team - the good possession and organised football of Dutch school and the attacking mentality of the Spanish. The Italians know how to defend in a very organised way and play for the result, and there is the freedom to express players' talent you have in Brazilian football. I saw it happen in a few matches when I was at Milan and now I would like to create it on a more consistent basis - attacking football but with a good organised defensive system. The most important thing for me is to value the players, and try to improve them individually in order to improve the team. Every player can still grow - there is no limit to that, even when I was 38 I improved myself in certain things and that is what I will always do with my players to help them get the best out of themselves."

Sounds brilliant, Would be my pick out of the recent names
STH H3

MarryMeWRoy

And from a ladies' perspective missing out on Gary Rowett was disappointing; earlier talk of Harry or Big Sam sent a shiver down the spine - and definitely not in a pleasant way...

sunburywhite

Cant see Neville coming down South, not with Salford Fc and the family being up north

Think it would be great if we could get him but don't think it will happen
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

alexmur

I like Gary on mnf and I'm sure he is doing a great job in the English set up but do I want him taking over at Fulham, I'm not convinced. rigg said he was looking for someone with experience in the championship and I'm not sure if it's wise letting him have his first Crack at being the boss with us

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Southcoastffc

It might have been said already  (on this 115 page thread, all of which I have not read!!) but the Roy connection might well be playing a role IF the speculation is well-founded.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Neil D

Neville doesn't have notably more relevant experience than Stuart Pearce and the latter has caused panic on the forum.  I don't think Neville has more to offer than Pearce - he may talk the talk better and can handle some mean TV sports software.  That's it.  We need to look abroad for someone who would be able fuse the best aspects of the 'British' game with those on the Continent. To do that, you need to have played there or, better still, managed there.  Greater Manchester may qualify as part of the developing world but not in footballing terms. 

SG

Quote from: MarryMeWRoy on December 01, 2015, 05:57:33 PM
What are the odds on this thread reaching 150 pages before a manager (oops sorry Head Covach) is found?  The odds are tumbling....

Or 100,000 views. It's getting closer

SG

Quote from: Neil D on December 01, 2015, 01:59:00 PM
What happened to the Cherie Lunghi posts?
We stopped mooting her and moved on to Brooksy

Neil D

Bronaldinho

Our very own beautiful Sarah Brookes has started to follow the one and only, Clarence Seedorf on Twitter.

Could it be? :D :D :D :D :D :D
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

grandad

Sarah is following every one as she hasn´t a clue who we are going to end up with either.
Where there's a will there's a wife

BestOfBrede

I didn't even apply and yet she's also started following me!
Wow way to go..
I'll be resigning my current position tomorrow in time for the w/e!

I hope you all support me and my team.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 01, 2015, 09:15:59 PM
Wow way to go..

Seedorf is the man though.

Sure would motivate everyone having someone of his class around the camp.

At 12/1 he's good for a bet too!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Zendra

Latest done deal. Is there anyone in football that hasn't been linked with us .  Wait I know - ex Luton player Graham French , 10000 to 1 apparently.

FPT

Just to clarify: Mike Rigg never stated Championship nor promotion experience. He did however say and this is a direct quote, "We're focusing on a Head Coach. The size of the vast majority of clubs in the Championship and Premier League means there's so much going on, that the aim of the head coach is to focus on what's going on on the pitch. Now that's not to say, that the Head Coach isn't consulted, he is and there's a lot of misconception. The Head Coach has to be involved. It's not a dictatorship by me."

"This isn't just my vision, it's a vision collectively we've come into. There's a lot of good people out of there, people in work and people out of work. We're a very values driven club, and culturally we have to make sure that we bring in a successful Head Coach that we feel has a proven track record at being able to succeed. But also at the same time, fit in with the values and the direction strategically of which we want to go in as a football club, ultimately that's in the Premier League."

Ok, maybe he hints somewhat at promotion experience being desirable, but by no means is that a necessity. Think about it, Steve Clarke has never been promoted. In fact, his stint at Reading is his first Championship experience. The idea that we're only after coaches that have been promoted to the Premier League has been plucked out of thin air.

HillingdonFFC

Reports coming out of Glasgow today this evening that Fulham ramping up their hunt for Warburton, cant see it still but maybe the family card could be played?

gerrys

Quote from: Bronaldinho on December 01, 2015, 09:20:07 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 01, 2015, 09:15:59 PM
Wow way to go..

Seedorf is the man though.

Sure would motivate everyone having someone of his class around the camp.

At 12/1 he's good for a bet too!

Hmm.......he owned Monza Calcio and sold it before they went bankrupt......was also Head Coach at A.C. Milan.....but not for very long.....

Sounds ominous...