Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Quote from: Logicalman on December 02, 2015, 07:54:49 PM
Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on December 02, 2015, 07:48:55 PM
100,000 +
Surely enough now to petition the House of Commons & request a debate, even a decision/

Jeez, have you been listening to the current debate? Shorter time to wait for the club to find someone.
It may be hard to believe but I trust that lot of buffoons less than the Fulham board!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

filham

Quote from: FPT on December 02, 2015, 08:39:54 PM
Mark Warburton has unleashed on Twitter... @MarkWarburton9 in case you were interested.

"Both bemused and frustrated by shockingly incorrect stories from certain media outlets. I am going nowhere and no club has approached me"

"Such stories are incorrect and disrespectful to me, to Rangers and to the supposed interested party which in this case is Fulham. Appalling"

"Why are such stories are released without any sensible investigation? Rangers fans, Rangers as a club and indeed Fulham deserve better"
[/quote

I think we can take that as a no then.

Ordar

It would take a Fabien Delph level of U-Turn for it to be Warburton now

JDH101

This link is 126 pages long so forgive if me if this has been covered off already, but does anyone know why we are not talking to Danny Murphy about the position?

We know he would seriously consider the role. We know he loves the club. I think he would be ok working as a head coach.

I would imagine people will respond saying he would be too much of a gamble, no experience like Kit. My rebuttal to that would be that he went far higher in the game as a player than kit, Seems to know his stuff when on Talksport and MOTD and seems to be a natural born leader.

So why are we not talking to him?

jelmo

Who is left for us to approach who is:

A) A realistic target
B) An improvement on Kit
C) Interested
D) someone who hasn't knocked us back already...

Can't think of anyone.

JDH101

Quote from: jelmo on December 02, 2015, 09:15:00 PM

A) A realistic target
B) An improvement on Kit
C) Interested

Can't think of anyone.

Danny Murphy.

Oakeshott

JDH

I absolutely agree. Danny and Gary Neville are without doubt the two most impressive younger ex-player media commentators and some (admittedly not all) were happy when there was the thought Gary might take on the job here. I'd be even more delighted with Danny.

And actually someone like Gary or Danny would, if prepared to take the appointment initially to the end of the season, as it appears Gary has with Valencia, presents zero risk - we aren't going to be relegated and it is hard to believe whoever comes in we can now get promoted.

The main difference between Kit on one hand and Danny and Gary on the other is a matter of capability. Kit seems a very decent guy but is plainly very limited. Danny and Gary are both very much brighter.

BobbyTheBrain

Talkshite regular Danny Murphy is light years behind Gary Neville in the pundit stakes. Remember DM was the guy whose pundit solution when Fulham were in trouble was play Darren Bent more...  The guy is certainly no footballing Einstein.
It's not fair to flair.

Nero

A) A realistic target
B) An improvement on Kit
C) Interested

Can't think of anyone.

umm errr Tony Mowbray,

J.Perkins

Quote from: JDH101 on December 02, 2015, 09:22:31 PM

A) A realistic target
B) An improvement on Kit
C) Interested

Can't think of anyone.

Danny Murphy.

Rather have Kit tbh.

JDH101

Quote from: BobbyTheBrain on December 02, 2015, 09:40:14 PM
Talkshite regular Danny Murphy is light years behind Gary Neville in the pundit stakes. Remember DM was the guy whose pundit solution when Fulham were in trouble was play Darren Bent more...  The guy is certainly no footballing Einstein.

In the position we were in, if someone like Murphy showed an interest in us, I think we should bite his hand off.

westcliff white

Love Danny but he has no coaching experience and has been out the game for 2 seasons or more now, all he has done is punditry.

We cannot afford to take a punt in my opinion
Every day is a Fulham day

JDH101

Quote from: westcliff white on December 02, 2015, 10:09:31 PM
Love Danny but he has no coaching experience and has been out the game for 2 seasons or more now, all he has done is punditry.

Why can we not afford to take a punt? Just what have we got that we might lose this season? If anything, I would say we CAN afford to take a punt this season. We have absolutely nothing to lose.

One James stannard

Word has it the Stuart gray is being lined up

FPT

Quote from: JDH101 on December 02, 2015, 10:32:52 PM

Why can we not afford to take a punt? Just what have we got that we might lose this season? If anything, I would say we CAN afford to take a punt this season. We have absolutely nothing to lose.

If, as you state, we have nothing to lose this season, why not bring somebody in who can build for the next season?

Danny Murphy has not done a single days' coaching, not at academy level, nothing.

We got rid of Kit Symons, somebody deemed not good enough despite coaching for about 7 years. Why would we then make a gamble on somebody with seemingly no interest to work?

If you have no interest to prove yourself and work on the training pitch, there is no room in the game for you. Least so here.

EJL

Quote from: FPT on December 02, 2015, 10:54:54 PM

If, as you state, we have nothing to lose this season, why not bring somebody in who can build for the next season?

Danny Murphy has not done a single days' coaching, not at academy level, nothing.

We got rid of Kit Symons, somebody deemed not good enough despite coaching for about 7 years. Why would we then make a gamble on somebody with seemingly no interest to work?

If you have no interest to prove yourself and work on the training pitch, there is no room in the game for you. Least so here.
Perfect summary of my stance.

JDH101

I don't understand your line of thinking. What do you mean "get someone who can build for next season"? Why wouldn't you want to offer Murphy the role in the same way Neville just accepted the Valencia job - i.e. - you have the rest of the season to prove you deserve the job long term. What on earth do we have to lose? And also, whoever comes in is not the one building for the future. Its been made crystal clear that we are looking for a head coach to manage and train the players brought in by the club. It is the club, via Rigg that is building for the future, not the next man in.

We are a mid-sized team in the middle of the table of the Championship, struggling to make FFP and have a potential transfer embargo hanging over us. Just who on earth do you think we are going to get? Have you seen who has rejected us over the last few weeks? If we could get someone like Murphy in, then give him the job and put an end to this madness.

EJL

The line of thinking is Murphy has not done anything to warrant touting for this job aside from wearing a Fulham shirt. He has no coaching experience and this is after being out the game for two years. What's the likelihood Murphy actually knows *how* to "build" a team, or drill a defence, or a different dynamic of dealing with players in the dressing room? It's one thing saying, "well, who else are we going to get" when settling for a coach with at least some experience, but another thing to settle for a fan favourite with none.

Asotosyios

Quote from: JDH101 on December 02, 2015, 11:10:28 PM

I don't understand your line of thinking. What do you mean "get someone who can build for next season"? Why wouldn't you want to offer Murphy the role in the same way Neville just accepted the Valencia job - i.e. - you have the rest of the season to prove you deserve the job long term. What on earth do we have to lose? And also, whoever comes in is not the one building for the future. Its been made crystal clear that we are looking for a head coach to manage and train the players brought in by the club. It is the club, via Rigg that is building for the future, not the next man in.

We are a mid-sized team in the middle of the table of the Championship, struggling to make FFP and have a potential transfer embargo hanging over us. Just who on earth do you think we are going to get? Have you seen who has rejected us over the last few weeks? If we could get someone like Murphy in, then give him the job and put an end to this madness.

Here is the list of all available managers with a lot, some, little or no success: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik
If we have nothing to lose by giving the job to Murphy, why don't we give it to one of them instead? We have nothing to lose as you say.