more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 03, 2015, 09:27:10 PM
Just had a horrible feeling.... That twitching idiot redknapp is still available isn't he? Was he at laugh-a-minute road at the same time as Rigg???
They wouldn't do that to us would they?

According to LinkedIn (which BTW, I find it slightly weird that someone in a position such as that has a LinkedIn page)

Technical Director
Queens Park Rangers
August 2012 – December 2012

So yes, yes he was
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Fulham76

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 03, 2015, 09:29:53 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 03, 2015, 09:27:10 PM
Just had a horrible feeling.... That twitching idiot redknapp is still available isn't he? Was he at laugh-a-minute road at the same time as Rigg???
They wouldn't do that to us would they?

According to LinkedIn (which BTW, I find it slightly weird that someone in a position such as that has a LinkedIn page)

Technical Director
Queens Park Rangers
August 2012 – December 2012

So yes, yes he was

Excellent!

Fulham76

Quote from: mkras99 on December 03, 2015, 09:29:24 PM
http://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive/fulham-manager-latest-club-target-stuart-gray-after-failing-to-land-other-targets

This one doesn't make sense! Gray is certainly cheap enough for us but he doesn't tick any of the 'successful, experienced' boxes that Rigg insisted we were looking for.
Also, Khan can barely be bothered to acknowledge our fans, so I doubt very much he's left his other, more important business interests to shoot over from America to oversee the smooth signing of Stuart Gray!

snarks

I think redknapp moved Rigg out, so the chances of Rigg appointing him are very low

Loz

Quote from: NDorsetwhite on December 03, 2015, 09:18:54 PM
Could somebody please explain to me why Fulham may be in danger of being sanctioned under the FFP rules. I don't remember any major splashing of the cash in recent transfer windows, although it's difficult to know as Fulham never reveal all the financial details of transfers. The general consensus about the last window seemed to be that the money spent was roughly equal to the fees received for those let go/transferred, in particular Roberts. Indeed quite a few fans grumbled that we should have been spending more. I haven't seen anything in the press about Fulham having broken the rules but it keeps being mentioned as a possibility.

I remember reading on this very forum someone saying that FFP sanctions are sort of 'back-dated' to a couple of seasons ago, so the sanctions aren't likely to have much to do with the most recent transfer window.

If that's the case, the sanctions could have been caused by the team Magath built- that would be salt in the wound- or it could be do with the season we got relegated from the Prem with a high wage bill and not enough income.

Can't remember where on the forum I saw this, so if someone would like to clarify please do. 
@LawrenceQuilty

JDH101

We will be able to Clarke on a free if we wait about 24 hours.... Not that I would want that, but someone at the club clearly did...

Hoppus

f321ffc

Stuart Gray targeted as head coach with a senior figure as manager, Seedorf  Stam and Advacaat mentioned according to Wayne Veysey (football insider) on cottage talk tonight, he says Gray more than 95% certain and announcement before weekend. fp.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham Tup North

Get involved via #bbcfootball
FT: Reading 0-1 QPR
Posted at 22:00
Some Reading fans are clearly unhappy with Steve Clarke after that display, and after he held talks with Fulham about their vacant managerial position last month

+

Steve Clarke out? Should have taken the money from Fulham and ran to Nigel Pearson imo #bbcfootball   
Raj Sidhu

+

If the manager doesn't care it's difficult for the players to care #clarkeout #bbcfootball   
Graham
chunkholland

9:49 p.m. - 3 December 2015

064.gif   Did we dodge a bullet???
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

rusty shackleford

westcliff white

If Gray gets the job it is very underwhelming, would show a severe lack of ambition.

Basically failed everywhere he has been and comes across as dull as ditch water, makes kit look like a right raver. We need to attract players to the club most of the names linked could have done that but not sure Gray would have the same pulling power as Seedorf, Clarke and a few others that were linked.

There are far better candidates out there and with some of the names linked it makes no sense appointing Gray. I have said all along we can't afford a pint but I who'd rather that than go with Stuart Gray

Bring back Kit lol
Every day is a Fulham day

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Bill2

Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 03, 2015, 10:15:31 PM
Who the hell is stuart gray?
I was asking the same question so I googled him, a failed sacked manager with no track record of success.

This smacks of that saying, one step forward two steps backward.

Fulham76

Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 03, 2015, 10:15:31 PM
Who the hell is stuart gray?

It appears we all might be learning a lot more about this guy over the next 24-48 hours.
I've just googled him though & if true he's about to be named our new head coach, seems the 'successful' requirement Rigg highlighted has been overlooked. Even the 'experience' part to an extent.
He managed Northampton for 2.5 years & had a 32% win rate when he left in 2009. He had a couple of caretaker jobs before taking over Sheff Weds 2 years ago before being sacked in June this year. They finished 13th last season.

Fulham76

Hoppus

Quote from: f321ffc on December 03, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
Stuart Gray targeted as head coach with a senior figure as manager, Seedorf  Stam and Advacaat mentioned according to Wayne Veysey (football insider) on cottage talk tonight, he says Gray more than 95% certain and announcement before weekend. fp.gif

Grey as head coach and Sedorf manager?

Buffalo76

Quote from: westcliff white on December 03, 2015, 10:21:04 PM
If Gray gets the job it is very underwhelming, would show a severe lack of ambition.

Basically failed everywhere he has been and comes across as dull as ditch water, makes kit look like a right raver. We need to attract players to the club most of the names linked could have done that but not sure Gray would have the same pulling power as Seedorf, Clarke and a few others that were linked.

There are far better candidates out there and with some of the names linked it makes no sense appointing Gray. I have said all along we can't afford a pint but I who'd rather that than go with Stuart Gray

Bring back Kit lol

:plus one:

My God is that the extent of our ambitions these days? I'm utterly lost for words.

090.gif