News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

You can't have a Head Coach a manager and a director of football. That wouldn't make sense

grandad

Stuart Gray has only a 34% win ratio overall including a few matches where he was caretaker where he had a 50% ratio.



Team    From    To    Matches    Won    Drawn    Lost    Win %
Southampton    30 March 2001    21 October 2001    19    6    2    11    31.58
Aston Villa (caretaker)    24 January 2002    5 February 2002    2    0    2    0    0.00
Wolverhampton Wanderers (caretaker)    1 November 2004    2 December 2004    6    3    1    2    50.00
Northampton Town    2 January 2007    8 September 2009    135    44    39    52    32.59
Burnley (caretaker)    30 December 2010    15 January 2011    4    2    1    1    50.00
Portsmouth (caretaker)    14 October 2011    10 November 2011    6    3    1    2    50.00
Sheffield Wednesday    1 December 2013    11 June 2015    84    30    25    29    35.71
Total    256    88    71    97    34.38
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

if what this Veysey guy says is true how can he say talks haven't taken place yet but he is 85% certain to sign, that doesn't make sense. Stuart Gray would be a massive let down
Every day is a Fulham day


Chutney

I've always said we should support whoever comes in.... but Stuart Gray would really ruin that for me, Symons is better than him. This was meant to be the crucial appointment that moves us forward.... Anyone want a free season ticket? I feel like I'd struggle to give it away if gray gets appointed.
C O Y W

westcliff white

I am with you Chutney, I have always said no mater who is in charge or who we sign as a player, they may not be to my liking but I will back them 100% when they are in the job, however Gray wold be a total shock and totally underwhelming, it would show that we are a joke in fact could be said that we actually lack ambition.
Every day is a Fulham day

Berserker

I haven't heard the Cottage talk programme yet as in Belgium and don't want to stream. But I can understand managers being put off with the propectus of a transfer embargo in January.  If this is the case I think the club are wise getting a interim caretaker manager/coach such as Grey.
I'm surprised they sacked Kit when they did but maybe the were other factors we are not aware of, or maybe somebody had already agreed to be manager then let them down.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.


Neil D

Quote from: Berserker on December 04, 2015, 07:54:59 AM
I haven't heard the Cottage talk programme yet as in Belgium and don't want to stream.
At least you can console yourself with some nice chocolates and maybe take in a visit to In Flanders Fields museum...

westcliff white

Maybe Berserker is right, with the likelihood quite high that we have an embargo this January maybe getting a coach with someone to take over later is the right way to go, people would be put off by that for sure.

I am not saying I agree with it but maybe that's all we can do.

Personally do not see how the football league can impose any FFP sanctions when thee QPR fiasco is yet to be settled
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

The fact Blackburn appointed Lambert within a couple of days, Qpr who many call Qphaha implying they are the joke are about to appoint a risky but very ambitious up and coming JFH and yet we have taken a month. Been linked with everyone and his dog and at the end of it all we end up with Stuart bloody Gray.

If ever we needed things put into perspective here it is ladies and gents. I'm all for backing the club and supporting the new manager but we only wanted Kit out because he wasn't the right man to take us to the next level. Appointing someone even worse is not why we wanted Kit out and it will be another in a string of hopeless decisions by our club.

I'm sorry but Khan can't keep having others to take the blame for him. First it was Mo left us in a mess, then it was Ali Mack, then it was Magath, Kit and now Rigg. Yes Rigg seems like an absolute joke but all of this has happened under our new chairman. I genuinely believe Khan's intentions for the club are good but we are a circus and if Khan allows this appointment to happen then I don't think it's defendable in anyway.

Please let this be a nightmare be just a dream! Why oh why didn't we get Warburton in the summer??? You know what if I had the choice I think I'd take Pearce over Gray. Or Warnock, that's how underwhelmed I am. The only person that is probably happy is Rigg as he gets to remain the boss with another yes man.

The right appointment for Rigg.
The wrong appointment for Fulham.

Shahid Khan, doesn't that tell you something?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- dannyboiffc@gmail.com
Email- fulhamfocusff@gmail.com

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging


Berserker

Quote from: Neil D on December 04, 2015, 08:23:17 AM
Quote from: Berserker on December 04, 2015, 07:54:59 AMI haven't heard the Cottage talk programme yet as in Belgium and don't want to stream.
At least you can console yourself with some nice chocolates and maybe take in a visit to In Flanders Fields museum...
Very quiet over here, ferry, restaurants, tourist places etc. I've been to Flanders alot of times never seen it so quiet.
Mr B went into a place to book in advance and they laughed.
We're driving to the Tour De Flanders museum today, think some of it could be Mr B wants a present from their shop for Chrimbo!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

dannyboi-ffc

#1970
Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 08:26:13 AM
Maybe Berserker is right, with the likelihood quite high that we have an embargo this January maybe getting a coach with someone to take over later is the right way to go, people would be put off by that for sure.

I am not saying I agree with it but maybe that's all we can do.

Personally do not see how the football league can impose any FFP sanctions when thee QPR fiasco is yet to be settled

If that is indeed true then it's defending the club for defence sake. It's not good enough if we've been allowed to breach the rules of FFP and another reason why we are a shambles. If this was the case then I think I would've rathered them stick with Kit. No one with any credibility would've taken the job with an embargo hanging over us so to end up with someone worse than Kit defeats the whole point of sacking him.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- dannyboiffc@gmail.com
Email- fulhamfocusff@gmail.com

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 04, 2015, 08:46:55 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 08:26:13 AM
Maybe Berserker is right, with the likelihood quite high that we have an embargo this January maybe getting a coach with someone to take over later is the right way to go, people would be put off by that for sure.

I am not saying I agree with it but maybe that's all we can do.

Personally do not see how the football league can impose any FFP sanctions when thee QPR fiasco is yet to be settled

If that is indeed true then it's defending the club for defence sake. It's not good enough if we've been allowed to breach the rules of FFP and another reason why we are a shambles. If this was the case then I think I would've rathered them stick with Kit. No one with any credibility would've taken the job with an embargo hanging over us so to end up with someone worse than Kit defeats the whole point of sacking him.
I do not disagree with you,, just trying to see what's what mate. no one would take the job as you say

Maybe the club thought they could get out of it (if the is an embargo hanging over us) like QPR seem to be doing. I cannot see how the FL can impose anything while the QPR situation goes on. Personally for mew the club should take legal advice if this is the case, the rules have been challenged by a party so no one should be penalised till that's over surely, but that's a debate for a different thread.
Every day is a Fulham day


Ordar

Of all the underwhelming candidates that we've been seriously linked with Stewart Gray is the most underwhelming. Has done literally nothing in a head coach/ manager capacity.


dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 09:05:40 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 04, 2015, 08:46:55 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 08:26:13 AM
Maybe Berserker is right, with the likelihood quite high that we have an embargo this January maybe getting a coach with someone to take over later is the right way to go, people would be put off by that for sure.

I am not saying I agree with it but maybe that's all we can do.

Personally do not see how the football league can impose any FFP sanctions when thee QPR fiasco is yet to be settled

If that is indeed true then it's defending the club for defence sake. It's not good enough if we've been allowed to breach the rules of FFP and another reason why we are a shambles. If this was the case then I think I would've rathered them stick with Kit. No one with any credibility would've taken the job with an embargo hanging over us so to end up with someone worse than Kit defeats the whole point of sacking him.
I do not disagree with you,, just trying to see what's what mate. no one would take the job as you say

Maybe the club thought they could get out of it (if the is an embargo hanging over us) like QPR seem to be doing. I cannot see how the FL can impose anything while the QPR situation goes on. Personally for mew the club should take legal advice if this is the case, the rules have been challenged by a party so no one should be penalised till that's over surely, but that's a debate for a different thread.

I agree it seems very harsh that we are potentially going to be punished when qpr have done what they have. If they haven't broken rules but we have then the whole FFP idea is nonsense and a farce.

I hope fulham do challenge it but at the same time how comes Cardiff aren't at risk? We were relegated together and I thought all our players took wage cuts because of a relegation clause. If this is all down to the signing of Mccormack which was silly money then Ali Mack is an accountant who can't do maths properly.  That would definitely be Fulhamish lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- dannyboiffc@gmail.com
Email- fulhamfocusff@gmail.com

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Nero

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 04, 2015, 08:41:21 AM
The fact Blackburn appointed Lambert within a couple of days, Qpr who many call Qphaha implying they are the joke are about to appoint a risky but very ambitious up and coming JFH and yet we have taken a month. Been linked with everyone and his dog and at the end of it all we end up with Stuart bloody Gray.

If ever we needed things put into perspective here it is ladies and gents. I'm all for backing the club and supporting the new manager but we only wanted Kit out because he wasn't the right man to take us to the next level. Appointing someone even worse is not why we wanted Kit out and it will be another in a string of hopeless decisions by our club.

I'm sorry but Khan can't keep having others to take the blame for him. First it was Mo left us in a mess, then it was Ali Mack, then it was Magath, Kit and now Rigg. Yes Rigg seems like an absolute joke but all of this has happened under our new chairman. I genuinely believe Khan's intentions for the club are good but we are a circus and if Khan allows this appointment to happen then I don't think it's defendable in anyway.

Please let this be a nightmare be just a dream! Why oh why didn't we get Warburton in the summer??? You know what if I had the choice I think I'd take Pearce over Gray. Or Warnock, that's how underwhelmed I am. The only person that is probably happy is Rigg as he gets to remain the boss with another yes man.

The right appointment for Rigg.
The wrong appointment for Fulham.

Shahid Khan, doesn't that tell you something?

The only good thing about it is a leat we are still news worthy, they don't seem to care about whats happening at QPR don't forget they sacked Ramsey before we sacked Kit so have taken equally as long to get a man in and have been link with some of the managers we have but never seem to got to talks.

The worse thing about this is that if you believe Vasey is that Kit knew he would be sacked if points target wasn't met. Now call me stupid I think most of us new that Kit was behind target for most of the season so to suddenly sack him and have no one lined up just stinks of poor senior management. Surely as soon as hes starts dropping behind target you think hmm better put some feelers out see who might be interested he not going to turn this around unless he win 5 on the bounce. Right x & y are interest 95% done next game he loses he fired new man in place by Wednesday. Even Blackburn got that right and also out of there transfer embargo.


westcliff white

I thought they dumped him after we dumped kit, blimey its been a long time
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 04, 2015, 09:19:25 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 09:05:40 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 04, 2015, 08:46:55 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 08:26:13 AM
Maybe Berserker is right, with the likelihood quite high that we have an embargo this January maybe getting a coach with someone to take over later is the right way to go, people would be put off by that for sure.

I am not saying I agree with it but maybe that's all we can do.

Personally do not see how the football league can impose any FFP sanctions when thee QPR fiasco is yet to be settled

If that is indeed true then it's defending the club for defence sake. It's not good enough if we've been allowed to breach the rules of FFP and another reason why we are a shambles. If this was the case then I think I would've rathered them stick with Kit. No one with any credibility would've taken the job with an embargo hanging over us so to end up with someone worse than Kit defeats the whole point of sacking him.
I do not disagree with you,, just trying to see what's what mate. no one would take the job as you say

Maybe the club thought they could get out of it (if the is an embargo hanging over us) like QPR seem to be doing. I cannot see how the FL can impose anything while the QPR situation goes on. Personally for mew the club should take legal advice if this is the case, the rules have been challenged by a party so no one should be penalised till that's over surely, but that's a debate for a different thread.

I agree it seems very harsh that we are potentially going to be punished when qpr have done what they have. If they haven't broken rules but we have then the whole FFP idea is nonsense and a farce.

I hope fulham do challenge it but at the same time how comes Cardiff aren't at risk? We were relegated together and I thought all our players took wage cuts because of a relegation clause. If this is all down to the signing of Mccormack which was silly money then Ali Mack is an accountant who can't do maths properly.  That would definitely be Fulhamish lol
Who says cardiff are not at risk?

Fact is if you come down and stay down and fail its an embargo, if you go up its a fine. Two different rules for two outcomes.

f321ffc

Just listened to part of the Wayne Veysey interview and something i find hard to believe is that Curbishley was brought in to help Rene Muelenstein, but he didnt help as much as they (Khan and Macintosh?) expected.
What i dont understand is why get rid of Rene and keep Curbs, Veysey now says that Curbs wont be at Fulham much longer, hope he`s right about that and wrong about Gray.
Veysey has certainly put his head on the block with this interview in calling Warburton a liar, and stating Gray as more than 95% to be our next head coach with an announcement before the weekend.
Lets see what the next 14 hours bring and see if he is correct.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional


Barry White

Reading have sacked Steve Clark ... curveball!!

maybe he's coming here after all.