watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubbernecca

It's difficult to get excited about a guy named Gray.  He has the same mediocre winning record as Clarke but he did it with less resources.  He also seems to be admired for his man management skills, at least by Jose Semedo: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/sheff-weds-news/sheffield-wednesday-gray-has-mourinho-like-ethic-1-6430599

I'm not excited but will definitely support him if he's the one.

alexmur

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 04, 2015, 12:28:46 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 04, 2015, 12:20:52 PM
Quote from: RuislipWhite on December 04, 2015, 11:18:10 AM
Morning all, don't post much  but I have to say we need to swallow our pride here and hope for Clarke

I agree. if its a choice between Clarke and Gray, ill take Clarke all day long
There is no way Fulham will consider Clarke after his comments to the press.  Absolutely no way what so ever.... this will not happen, there is little I know for certain about what Fulham are up too, however I can guarentee this one.
very hard to do a u turn when questioning the professionalism of our professional football team

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

gerrys

Rigg said it because Rigg is looking to appoint a Head Coach rather than a Manager.

maybe that is true.........for the moment, at least.......the manager search will be at the end of the season....

terryr

The Reading boards are over the moon Clarke was sacked

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: gerrys on December 04, 2015, 12:58:04 PM

Rigg said it because Rigg is looking to appoint a Head Coach rather than a Manager.

maybe that is true.........for the moment, at least.......the manager search will be at the end of the season....

No, Rigg said it because the club have moved to a new system.

Rather than having a manager in charge of everything they have appointed Rigg as Director of Football to oversee footballing matters at all levels and are looking to appoint a Head Coach to look after the first team. The Head Coach will train and select the first team but unlike a manager will have to negotiate the buying and selling of players with the DoF.

Nero

Clarke/Grey/Symons all average around 34% wins all average around 25% draws we don't seem to be looking for an improvement. But Tony Mowbray current at Coventry averages a win ratio of 43% again not exciting as such but would give us the improvement we need points wise to get top 6 and has a promotion fro this league under his belt

bill taylors apprentice

Funny how we despair over the clubs (lack of) communication and then when Rigg opens up we dissect it to death and take every word literally.

Looking forward I like the idea being put forward and cast my mind back to when Alec Stock was appointed and he promoted the highly rated but almost unknown Bill Taylor.

Yes, yes, I know I'm getting all positive and optimistic again.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: Nero on December 04, 2015, 01:29:50 PM
Clarke/Grey/Symons all average around 34% wins all average around 25% draws we don't seem to be looking for an improvement. But Tony Mowbray current at Coventry averages a win ratio of 43% again not exciting as such but would give us the improvement we need points wise to get top 6 and has a promotion fro this league under his belt

The trouble with these statistics is that it doesn't take into account ("control for") the quality of the squad.  Outside my knowleged, I admit, but wonder if anyone has tried to undertake that exercise.  For example, we know - or at least some of us think - that our squad is underachieving. so Kit's 34% win ratio was poor bearing in mind the resources he had (this season at least).

FulhamStu

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 04, 2015, 01:35:21 PM
Funny how we despair over the clubs (lack of) communication and then when Rigg opens up we dissect it to death and take every word literally.

Looking forward I like the idea being put forward and cast my mind back to when Alec Stock was appointed and he promoted the highly rated but almost unknown Bill Taylor.

Yes, yes, I know I'm getting all positive and optimistic again.
I have enjoyed the Rigg interviews.  I however do not think he needed to say we are looking for a head coach NOT a manager.  All this did was pose more questions.
Any communication is generally better than no communication.

Ordar

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/10088575/fulham-will-not-talk-to-steve-clarke-about-managers-job-sky-sources

Fulham will not talk to Steve Clarke about manager's job - Sky sources

Fulham will not be talking to Steve Clarke again about the vacant manager's position at Craven Cottage, Sky sources understand.

Clarke held talks with Fulham last month - while he was manager of Reading - about taking over as the new boss.

Clarke opted to stay with Reading and returned to the Madejski. But on Friday morning Reading sacked the former West Brom boss, and Sky sources understand his talks with Fulham contributed to the club's decision to end his tenure.

Fulham have still not replaced Kit Symons, who they sacked last month, but Sky Sports News HQ understands they will not be calling Clarke back, and are now looking elsewhere.

horse1031

if it is david moyes or brendan rodgers i will continue to wait to get them in.

SG

Quote from: horse1031 on December 04, 2015, 02:20:54 PM

079.gif

Lets face it - the 'I'll do whatever it takes to get us back to the Premier Division' was a load of old bollocks. We are deluding ourselves if we think they are going to appoint a Moyes or a Rodgers or a Neville as was suggested.
This is the opportunity to start the restoration of our fortunes and it looks as though they have blown it. I am bored with the entire thing and have zero hope of this management team appointing anyone who will blow our socks off

Domino 1879

Quote from: rubbernecca on December 04, 2015, 12:36:01 PM
It's difficult to get excited about a guy named Gray.  He has the same mediocre winning record as Clarke but he did it with less resources.  He also seems to be admired for his man management skills, at least by Jose Semedo: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/sheff-weds-news/sheffield-wednesday-gray-has-mourinho-like-ethic-1-6430599

I'm not excited but will definitely support him if he's the one.

I found that report encouraging, especially if you believe that FFC has changed tack and will be looking to appoint a manager above Gray (eg one of the Dutch 'names' suggested in Cottage Talk).
Too much doom and gloom atm..   

Lets at least try to be positive.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: SG on December 04, 2015, 03:28:39 PM

079.gif

Lets face it - the 'I'll do whatever it takes to get us back to the Premier Division' was a load of old bollocks. We are deluding ourselves if we think they are going to appoint a Moyes or a Rodgers or a Neville as was suggested.
This is the opportunity to start the restoration of our fortunes and it looks as though they have blown it. I am bored with the entire thing and have zero hope of this management team appointing anyone who will blow our socks off

Couldn't care less if the manager's name or CV blows my socks off. All he need do is win. Get that right and no one will care who.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Neil D

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 04, 2015, 04:38:39 PM
Couldn't care less if the manager's name or CV blows my socks off. All he need do is win. Get that right and no one will care who.
You speak words of wisdom, Toodles McMoot.

mikestrand

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 04, 2015, 04:38:39 PM
Quote from: SG on December 04, 2015, 03:28:39 PM

079.gif

Agreed I hope they choose a bloke with the highest win percentage.

mkras99

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach  1m1 minute ago
Steve Clarke's sacking by #ReadingFC makes #FFC's managerial hunt interesting. Ex-#SWFC boss Stuart Gray one of the options being considered

westcliff white

So mow Gray looking elsewhere or is that media linking him to both jobs. INcredible
Every day is a Fulham day

grandad

From the BBC

Pearson to replace Clarke at Royals?
Posted at 17:55

Nigel Pearson was sacked as Leicester manager in June, but is close to agreeing a return to football as Steve Clarke's replacement at Reading according to the Daily Mirror's David Anderson,

How can that be true . They couldnt afford his assistants.
Where there's a will there's a wife

clarkey

Is Curbs still on the payroll ? If so what does he do and why wasn't he made caretaker ?

Did whoever employed him fail to remember he was here ?