watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

The so called Insider says that Gray will be given a caretaker role until the manager can be brought in. Sounds all very messy to me.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

SG

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 05, 2015, 02:27:04 PM
The so called Insider says that Gray will be given a caretaker role until the manager can be brought in. Sounds all very messy to me.

Messy is a very polite way of describing it LH. They sack a manager for not being on target to be in the top six and therefore in with a chance of promotion. They then spend at least a month to appoint a person during which time the team play 3 winnable fixtures and garner to date only 2 draws, making the 6th place spot an even more distant target. Then the talk is of a caretaker to take us to the end of the season probably therefore ensuring we end up even further away from that 6th place. Perverse at best, totally incompetent at worst. People are sacked or resign in other organisations for presiding over lesser cock ups.
If Khan had not invested hundreds of millions I really would be questioning the Board's motives now.

Wearethewhites

Gray to be announced after today's game by all accounts. Joke if so,

Fulham76

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 05, 2015, 02:47:09 PM

That news isn't worth an announcement!

Interesting to see how the club will spin this one? Everyone knows this guy was nowhere near the top of the list of preferred candidates & we all know he has a poor record.

Embarrassing & a joke if it happens.

Ordar

I refuse to believe that the club would make such an uninspiring appointment after a month of searching, until it is actually announced

ron

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 05, 2015, 04:07:24 PM

Interesting to see how the club will spin this one? Everyone knows this guy was nowhere near the top of the list of preferred candidates & we all know he has a poor record.

I think we should appoint a committee of 29, and not make any decisions until we have the full approval of all of them.

...after all, it works very well with the European Union.  ....doesn't it ?  086.gif

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 05, 2015, 04:07:24 PM

This is as flat and uninspiring  an appointment as you can get, especially when our owner said he wanted to appoint someone to take us to a higher level of success. Stuart Gray is not my idea of someone who can achieve this. I'm pretty certain he's no-one else's either.

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2015, 05:14:27 PM
Well it's not Stuart Grays fault. The blame lays mainly at the feet of the absent non footballing owner, his tenure over the last 30 months has been nothing short of a disaster, he couldn't run a bath. Just tyre remoulds, engines full of sawdust, and wound back clocks. I wouldn't trust him to feed my Goldfish.

Well, he has successfully built up and runs a multi-billion dollar empire, and has a 4.4 billion dollar personal worth ... so how rich and successful are you?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

grandad

Well it's not Stuart Grays fault. The blame lays mainly at the feet of the absent non footballing owner, his tenure over the last 30 months has been nothing short of a disaster, he couldn't run a bath. Just tyre remoulds, engines full of sawdust, and wound back clocks. I wouldn't trust him to feed my Goldfish.

Khan is not absent. He is in contact every day.  Why this obsession of you calling him absent. He has been over here all week. I am sure when he is in the US he knows how to use Skype & video conferencing.
I trust Khan more than I ever did MAF who was also out of the country more than he was here for tax avoidance reasons.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Logicalman on December 05, 2015, 05:16:52 PM

Well, he has successfully built up and runs a multi-billion dollar empire, and has a 4.4 billion dollar personal worth ... so how rich and successful are you?
To be fair to Woolly Mammoth, I don't think he has ever bought a Football Club, that was doing ok and in the Top Flight and ran it into the ground, turning it from a decent well run family club, to a professional laughing stock joke, that cannot even find a Manager (Sorry, Head Coach) to appoint, without turning the whole episode into a circus.
Just my opinion of course, oh and I have never owned a billion pound company either.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Lighthouse

I blame the Mods on FOF for allowing such stupid opinions to be given on FOF. Well the players at the club are never blamed and it is always the coaches or the managers or the owners fault.

So stands to reason that all the wrong opinions of wanting the manager sacked (hasn't worked out), moaning at every name mentioned as replacement. Can't be because we the fans are idiots. It is FOF Mods for allowing it to happen. Sack them all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: grandad on December 05, 2015, 05:25:28 PM

Khan is not absent. He is in contact every day.  Why this obsession of you calling him absent. He has been over here all week. I am sure when he is in the US he knows how to use Skype & video conferencing.
I trust Khan more than I ever did MAF who was also out of the country more than he was here for tax avoidance reasons.

You trust Khan more than MAF? Incredible.  Wake up and smell the coffee.

Fulham76

You're very protective of Khan! Do you know him personally or is it just because he is an American, (you are too, aren't you?). I know he's originally from Pakistan by the way.
Very defensive if someone even hints at making a negative comment about the guy.
Whether you like it or not there are an awful lot of fans that think he's doing a terrible job of running the club. If he showed us anywhere near as much interest as he does his other businesses we'd have no issues whatsoever because he is such a good businessman, but he doesn't.
Personally I have no idea why he bought Fulham & I think only those close to him know the real reasons. He's never explained it to the fans & he never will. Personally I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him & I don't believe he has the clubs best interests in mind.
4.4 billion net worth or not, if he runs us like a piece of crap, we'll always be crap.
You may not like it but too many fans don't like what he's doing to the club for us all to be wrong, so no need for the digs at posters because they don't match up to Khans personal fortune.

Buffalo76

How is comparing Khan's wealth to a Fulham supporter relevant to the mess he's making of his ownership of our club??????? Strange point  1500.gif

Oakeshott

Fulham 76

Totally agree. Khan, so far, has been a complete disaster, with virtually every decision of significance he has made proving poor. His next major decision - whom to appoint as head coach - is huge, and he really can't afford another poor judgement. However, on his track record so far, and of the little we know of what has been going on over the last few weeks, it is hard to be optimistic. As of now, he isn't fit to lick MAF's boots in terms of what the two of them have contributed to the Club.

Twig

What does that have to with the price of fish?  Gerald Ratner built up a jewellery empire, would you have welcomed him as a competent owner?  Jimmy Hill had never been a billion dollar entrepreneur but he contributed a great deal more to our fortunes than Mr Khan has managed thus far. Success in business and success as a football club owner do not necessarily correlate.

Twig

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 05, 2015, 05:39:53 PM

You're very protective of Khan! Do you know him personally or is it just because he is an American, (you are too, aren't you?). I know he's originally from Pakistan by the way.
Very defensive if someone even hints at making a negative comment about the guy.
Whether you like it or not there are an awful lot of fans that think he's doing a terrible job of running the club. If he showed us anywhere near as much interest as he does his other businesses we'd have no issues whatsoever because he is such a good businessman, but he doesn't.
Personally I have no idea why he bought Fulham & I think only those close to him know the real reasons. He's never explained it to the fans & he never will. Personally I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him & I don't believe he has the clubs best interests in mind.
4.4 billion net worth or not, if he runs us like a piece of crap, we'll always be crap.
You may not like it but too many fans don't like what he's doing to the club for us all to be wrong, so no need for the digs at posters because they don't match up to Khans personal fortune.

:plus one:

Buffalo76

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2015, 06:49:22 PM
Typical diatribe from Lighthouse and  Logicalman when it comes to debating with anyone that disagrees with them, they must be very proud of themselves. To get nasty and personal with fellow Fulham Supporters, fortunately they are in the minority and utterly deluded. Nothing poisonous they will say will change my mind, I will keep my powder dry, and not return or swop insults to them, they haven't a clue about me, which makes them look even more pathetic. But I will continue to voice my opinions, and swot away their attempts to bully me, like a  horses swat flies away with their tails.
As for running to the mods for support, because you do not like my opinions, you just made yourself look even sadder than you already are.

0001.jpeg

bill taylors apprentice

There have been many mistakes from many people.

From the owner sanctioning the purchase of that greek bloke who (almost) never played for us to the players who stand and watch the opposition head in unopposed.