Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 07, 2015, 01:50:16 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 07, 2015, 01:41:35 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 07, 2015, 01:34:45 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on December 07, 2015, 01:10:09 PM
"Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach  11m11 minutes ago
I am told former #SWFC boss Stuart Gray took training at managerless #FFC today"

If true i hope he has had  them doing the boring repetitive defensive drills.

If true, good of the club to let us know.
Quite often a coach takes trianing before any announcement, exactly what QPR and Brentford did last week

Really??? Well I'll look forward to the big announcement later today then.
Yep it isnt uncommon, JFH was announced last week around 3ish having done the morning session and Dean Smith on a similar time scale.

Doesn't mean we will though as I don't work for the club, maybe Gray is coming in as a coach and not head coach, but again how would I know because as I sat I don't work for the club.
Every day is a Fulham day

J.Perkins

Far from happy about Gray, but we all have to back him from the off. This experiment by Rigg has to work, for his sake, so it must be a decent appointment in his eyes.

Chutney

Quote from: The Enclosurite on December 07, 2015, 01:25:19 PM
It's interesting to see the majority of Sheffield Wednesday fans on Twitter seem to think he's a actually good appointment for us and will do well.

I'd like to think we have ambitions above appointing someone sheffield wednesday fans like. But we get what we're given I suppose.... Stuart Gray's Blawhiarmy....... Until he gets sacked because he's not very good/ we appoint a better option in the summer. This is an awful appointment and there is no escaping that.
C O Y W

Horsfield_No9

I guess Roy wasn't a popular choice and was out of the blue like this. That turned out alright despite the slow start. I'm happy to get behind Gray and hope that this is his coming of age job. I do like the fact that like Roy he can organise a defense. I don't think anyone has managed that since Roy.

Let's support the new coach.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

kevin

He took training today , so will they go with him
who knows

Chutney

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on December 07, 2015, 02:07:43 PM
I guess Roy wasn't a popular choice and was out of the blue like this. That turned out alright despite the slow start. I'm happy to get behind Gray and hope that this is his coming of age job. I do like the fact that like Roy he can organise a defense. I don't think anyone has managed that since Roy.

Roy had a proven track record across several countries, Stuart Gray hasnt achieved anything, ever.
C O Y W

Funky Fulham Dave

:drums:

For those who never wanted Kit Symons, give a very warm welcome to new manager Stuart Gray who apparently took today's training.

Be careful for what you wish for.

049:gif

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Chutney on December 07, 2015, 02:12:57 PM

Roy had a proven track record across several countries, Stuart Gray hasnt achieved anything, ever.

I realise this. My point is more that neither were a popular choice or one that fans wanted.

BobbyTheBrain

To compare Roy's record when hired to this stiff's is like comparing a meal at a 3 Michelin star restaurant to a big steaming pile of cow dung in a bap. For Christ's sake what is it going to take for some people to stop accepting the constant bumbling failure of Khan, Rigg and co. This is an utterly poo appointment if full time, there's no escaping that. The fact he's the 5th choice (lol) appointment says it all. Mediocrity happy lives at FFC.
It's not fair to flair.

Chutney

Quote from: BobbyTheBrain on December 07, 2015, 02:14:57 PM

To compare Roy's record when hired to this stiff's is like comparing a meal at a 3 Michelin star restaurant to a big steaming pile of cow dung in a bap. For Christ's sake what is it going to take for some people to stop accepting the constant bumbling failure of Khan, Rigg and co. This is an utterly poo appointment if full time, there'sn o escaping that. The fact he's the 5th choice (lol) appointment says it all. Mediocrity happy lives at FFC.

This isn't even a mediocre appointment, its an outright failure.
C O Y W

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: f321ffc on December 07, 2015, 01:10:09 PM
"Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach  11m11 minutes ago
I am told former #SWFC boss Stuart Gray took training at managerless #FFC today"

If true i hope he has had  them doing the boring repetitive defensive drills.

In all fairness, they've needed a beating with a boring repetitive defensive drill for years now.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Chutney on December 07, 2015, 02:16:24 PM

To compare Roy's record when hired to this stiff's is like comparing a meal at a 3 Michelin star restaurant to a big steaming pile of cow dung in a bap. For Christ's sake what is it going to take for some people to stop accepting the constant bumbling failure of Khan, Rigg and co. This is an utterly poo appointment if full time, there'sn o escaping that. The fact he's the 5th choice (lol) appointment says it all. Mediocrity happy lives at FFC.

I'm just trying to be positive and support my club. There's nothing you can do about it so might as well get behind the man and hope it works out.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on December 07, 2015, 02:13:58 PM

:drums:

For those who never wanted Kit Symons, give a very warm welcome to new manager Stuart Gray who apparently took today's training.

Be careful for what you wish for.

049:gif

Well, most seem to agree that he should be able to improve our defensive deficiencies. If he can do that and not muck about with our attack, we may well be able to get this ship headed in the right direction.

We have an attack that is worthy of a playoff place without a doubt. It's our complete lack of a club defensively that's costing us.

Only positive spin that I can come up with atm as I have trouble believing that we can get turned around quickly enough to earn a play off place this season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

RaySmith

Give the man a chance - don't condemn him before he's even started.

dorsetwhite

Goodness, if it's true. The club has hit new depths of incompetence. Years and years in the wilderness I fear. This has all the makings, on the face of it, of the worst appointment in years! Before Magath was appointed, I believe many of the fans, thought he had a track record to see Fulham stay up. Mehleensteen seemed reasonable emough at the outset. Okay they went off the rails very shortly into their tenures. But a manager sacked by a championship side, because he was not seen as the man to take them onwards and upwards, is truly abysmal!!! It can not be true!

westcliff white

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on December 07, 2015, 02:22:56 PM
Quote from: Chutney on December 07, 2015, 02:16:24 PM

I'm just trying to be positive and support my club. There's nothing you can do about it so might as well get behind the man and hope it works out.
Horse, I agree you never compared their records, i took your point as intended that Roy was not anyone's first choice when he came in and he did OK.

For me I just want someone who can sort out the defence, don't care who it is, just stop us leaking goals the way we are. He had the 4th best defence in the championship ;ast season and they finished 13th in the division, the problem they had there was they could not score. We dont have that problem, so if he turns us into the 4th best defence form now on in and we continue to score then I wont complain at all.

But as I say I dont care who it is as long as they sort the defence, that may take a couple of week sbut so be it
Every day is a Fulham day

Skatzoffc

Should be an improvement.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Asotosyios

Jokanovic's odds slashed on both Betfair (1.88) and Skybet (15/8).

Wearethewhites

Hmmmm poo loads of money just gone Jokanovic

Chutney

Gray was sacked by Sheffield Wednesday because they didn't see him as the right man to take them to the next level. I can't wait to see the lies the club come out with to justify this appointment...
C O Y W