https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmur

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 08, 2015, 02:14:10 AM
Quote from: alexmur on December 07, 2015, 10:40:09 PM
I'm confused, so has gray taken over as caretaker and and a new coach will be announced later and whoever that is will be the head coach and gray will stay on as assistant?  my head hurts trying to get my head around all this.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well, take some ibuprofen then. I don't believe anyone knows what the plan is. The only "news" with even a hint of truth to is the reporting that Gray oversaw training Monday.

Everyone seems to believe that he should have been announced afterward (same day). But, since that did not happen, the supposition has been that there might be something else coming as well. Also, Jokanovic's odds dropped at the bookies. So, perhaps the hope is that the Gray announcement is being held until Maccabi have their final CL game on Wednesday and that afterward both will be announced.

That just seems to be the way the rumor winds are blowing today. No telling how they'll blow tomorrow.
thanks toodles I took a solpadol, and if what you have said comes through I'd be happy with that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TheManOnTheBus

Agree - Gray and Jok unlikely to know each other and may not well work well.   If true that Gray took training (and may not be of course, the rumour started in Twitter after all), then perhaps they appointed Gray for 2 days until Wed CL is over and Jok is free, perhaps with a "if you get on with each other, perhaps you can stay a little longer".  He was out of work so perhaps could do with a "pay as you train" cash deal?

All very strange.

alexbishop

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on December 08, 2015, 08:28:13 AM
Agree - Gray and Jok unlikely to know each other and may not well work well.   If true that Gray took training (and may not be of course, the rumour started in Twitter after all), then perhaps they appointed Gray for 2 days until Wed CL is over and Jok is free, perhaps with a "if you get on with each other, perhaps you can stay a little longer".  He was out of work so perhaps could do with a "pay as you train" cash deal?

All very strange.

Gray taking training wasn't a rumour. It was confirmed by journalists who have been reporting on Fulham for a long time now - eg Simon Peach who is as reliable as they come. He's not the kind of journalist to report on rumours.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Chesh

Quote from: Mac_21 on December 08, 2015, 08:15:38 AM
Jok and Grey would be great at this stage. It will be a very weird working environment, I would guess the two of them have only met a couple of times. Each will be suspicious the other is looking to stab them in the back. Why couldn't Jokanovic get it and bring in his own assistant?
I would expect the new boss to have his own right hand man, even if someone like Gray is heading up the backroom coaching set up
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

westcliff white

Quote from: alexbishop on December 08, 2015, 08:34:20 AM
Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on December 08, 2015, 08:28:13 AM

All very strange.

Gray taking training wasn't a rumour. It was confirmed by journalists who have been reporting on Fulham for a long time now - eg Simon Peach who is as reliable as they come. He's not the kind of journalist to report on rumours.
I do not usually do this but I had a drink with someone who works at Motspur yesterday evening and mentioned twitter was abuzz with that info, his reply was I didnt see him there at all. Not sure what to expect as a reply when I said that but thats what he said, yesterday was also a closed session from what I understand too, so no pres sin the facility, not sure how true that is either.

Personally I think there is too much smoke on this for it not to be true
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

I don't know where the jok rumours have come from. So Rigg and Mac go to holland and we get a coach working in Israel. Probably cos someone has put £50 on the odds shorten

Neil D

Quote from: Bracken White on December 08, 2015, 12:06:25 AM
Although only rumour the Jokanovic/Gray combination sounds like real sense - and from all the doom & gloom a spark of optimism. There is still a long way to go this season and these are just the guys to do it.
Of course, who knows - but hopefully there will be an announcement after Wednesday's Champions League ties.
This does make sense.  Maccabi wouldn't announce Jokanovic's departure before the CL fixtures are concluded.  They're not going to make the Europa League either.  Gray is in charge pro tem because Grant is out of his depth and has pretty much admitted it and Gray has agreed because it's a job (however brief).  Whether Gray stays on as coach is another matter but I hope Jokanovic is appointed on Thursday - plus I backed him at 16-1...

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: Nero on December 08, 2015, 09:06:48 AM
I don't know where the jok rumours have come from. So Rigg and Mac go to holland and we get a coach working in Israel. Probably cos someone has put £50 on the odds shorten

A classic diversionary tactic.  Fly to Israel via Holland - why not?

Ordar

Happy 1 month without a manager day guys!

Symons was sacked 1 month today

Fulham76

Quote from: Ordar on December 08, 2015, 09:41:41 AM

Piss up & brewery spring to mind.

Nero

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on December 08, 2015, 09:31:31 AM
Quote from: Nero on December 08, 2015, 09:06:48 AM

A classic diversionary tactic.  Fly to Israel via Holland - why not?

Because the rumor was they spoke to stamp seedroff and advocat  or is one of these friends with jokie/jorko as they would probably call him

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Ordar on December 08, 2015, 09:41:41 AM

I was gonna wait until 13:05 - which was when the announcement was posted on the website, but yes. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamfan

Rhys Lightning 63

Chief Football Officer Mike Rigg spoke to fulhamfc.com regarding the search for a permanent replacement to lead the First Team.

"The search for a permanent Head Coach goes on, but it is important to ensure we focus fully on getting results back on track while this process continues," he said.

"With that, I'd like to welcome Stuart Gray, who has joined the Club as Senior Coach and has already begun working with the First Team to prepare for Saturday's home match against Brentford.

"Alongside Stuart will be Steve Wigley, who has assisted Stuart in training and will continue in that capacity while joining him in the dugout on match days.

"Stuart has a proven track record in both coaching and management with caretaker spells at Burnley and Wolverhampton Wanderers prior to joining Sheffield Wednesday as Head Coach. He also had a full season in charge at Sheffield and secured their highest finish for six years, along with a record number of clean sheets. We all know that we have suffered from defensive frailties all season and Stuart will be focusing on that straight away. He has first-hand knowledge of the Championship and knows how to get the very best out of a group of players, so his work with the First Team will be pivotal as the search continues.

"Peter Grant will return to his permanent position of U21s Coach where his management of that group is exceptionally important in the long term development of our younger players and I would like to thank him for his excellent professionalism and commitment dealing with First Team matters over the last few weeks.

"We have built some solid foundations at the football Club and ensuring we get the right person in for long term success on the pitch is vital to achieve our targets. This is a scrupulous process to ensure that the person we hire full-time understands the Club's aims and philosophy and can deliver for us, immediately and for the long term. While there has been much speculation linking us with many names, we have not and will not discuss the ongoing process, nor will we appoint someone unless they are 100% committed to the Club and to its future.

"Of course I can understand frustrations, not least when results do not go our way, but we are working hard to make sure we get the right appointment as soon as possible. In the interim Stuart has proven coaching expertise and will enable us to stabilise the First Team and when a Head Coach appointment is made, he will still have a key role within the football Club's coaching system.

"The most important thing now is that we focus fully on the pitch to prepare for Brentford and the busy Christmas period ahead, and get back to winning football matches and improving our position in the table.  We have every expectation to do so."

EJL

Has it actually been a month? That is hilarious.

Rhys Lightning 63

So technically, he's not head coach, as the search is still going on? THIS MAKES NO SENSE

westcliff white

So Gray is senior coach, interesting title, my guess is he waill stay when the new guy whoever that may be comes in
Every day is a Fulham day

TheManOnTheBus

It will surely depend on who the HC will be (whether he has his own team; whether new HC and SG get on; and so on), but this sounds positive.   So Veasey was right (just a few days out). 

bucksfulham

Quote from: westcliff white on December 08, 2015, 12:04:41 PM
So Gray is senior coach, interesting title, my guess is he waill stay when the new guy whoever that may be comes in
That's the plan.  Rigg said:

"Of course I can understand frustrations, not least when results do not go our way, but we are working hard to make sure we get the right appointment as soon as possible. In the interim Stuart has proven coaching expertise and will enable us to stabilise the First Team and when a Head Coach appointment is made, he will still have a key role within the football Club's coaching system.

Ordar

Sounds to me like he's effectively going to be a defensive coach in the long term

This I actually have no problems with as our defence is terrible and Gray is meant to be good at that side of coaching.

It does mean however that (unless the incoming HC had say on Gray's appointment, which is possible) the new HC will have to work alongside Gray. Isnt this a bit of a step down for Gray though?

I'm semi expecting it to be Jokanovic now

Although this is taking forever, I did agree with and appreciate everything Rigg said in that announcement