Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 12, 2015, 11:33:50 AM
Quote from: cmg on December 11, 2015, 10:44:31 PM
Hopes dashed again. Another favourite is struck off the list:

"Jetzt also Japan: Nach vielen Trainerstationen in der Bundesliga und einem gescheiterten Engagement in England zieht es Felix Magath nach Asien. Der 62-Jährige hat beim japanischen Erstligisten Sagan Tosu unterschrieben."

translates as:

"So now Japan: After many coach stations in the Bundesliga and a failed commitment in England it pulls Felix Magath to Asia. The 62-year-old has signed with the Japanese first division Sagan Tosu."

One begging phone call from Mr Riggs and our former gaffer high tails it to the other side of the globe.

Hmmm Magath you say, that name rings a bell, end of story. 

It's a bell with a broken clapper.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

SG

The Albion fans I know loved Garcia so I think this would be a good move for us - however can't ever see Rigg doing the right thing so I wont hold my breath

Neil D

If Garcia is in the frame, then great.  Either Garcia or Jokanovic by choice.  Monk otherwise.

Hoppus

Quote from: Neil D on December 13, 2015, 10:30:29 AM
If Garcia is in the frame, then great.  Either Garcia or Jokanovic by choice.  Monk otherwise.

Garcia or Jokanovic, yes please.
Anyone have a serious source? I just read the article above and some twitter posts.

One Martin Thomas

When you look at the size of clubs that will probably come down i.e. Villa and Sunderland, we need to get the new guy in ASAP. Next year will be a lot harder than this year and you won't find teams like Brighton near the top !  Sunderland with Allardice will probably win next years' league with relative ease and Villa will always have cash to spend on players.  It's only going to get harder !!!!!!!!

Lighthouse

According to The Mirror Jaap Stam who is currently in charge of the Ajax reserves and has just completed his Uefa License. Is believed to have told Fulham he is happy to hold talks.

This report comes on the back of what the Insider said who mentioned a number of possibilities last week including this.

Not sure how this fits into any of the choices best for the club but anyway.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Jaap Stam fancies Fulham job as he admits he cannot wait to work in England
22:30, 13 DEC 2015
BY DARREN WITCOOP
The former Manchester United defender is coach of Ajax's reserves but has just completed his UEFA licence and is willing to take a job in the Championship

Jaap Stam wants to return to English football - as manager of Fulham.

Ex-Manchester United defender Stam is believed to have told Cottagers chiefs he is open to holding talks over the vacant post.

The Dutchman, 43, is currently coach of Ajax's reserves but hopes to make the step up into a hot-seat.

Stam has just completed his UEFA licence and is willing to take a job in the Championship.

Fulham have placed Stuart Gray in temporary charge while they search for Kit Symons' full-time replacement - and he began with a 2-2 draw in a home derby against Brentford on Saturday.

Former Wednesday boss has joined as a senior coach
Chief football officer Mike Rigg's search has hit a brick wall after being knocked back back by three managers.

He is under pressure to find the right man with fans becoming increasingly restless as Fulham flounder below mid-table.

Stam said: "As soon as I get the opportunity to work in England, I will go for it."

Fulham sacked Symons in early November after just over a year in charge, while Gray lost his job at Sheffield Wednesday over the summer in favour of Portuguese manager Carlos Carvalhal.

clarkey

Best of Brede and the others just need to use their brains not read the tabloids, it is obvious that players like Ross will want out if the club continues to be run badly.The Hammersmith End certainly noticed his lack of movement and effort on Saturday-and why does he still take corners when he is a box player.Dangerous free kicks-great, but corners-no.

Secondly it is equally obvious that no new players of any reputation will want to join.

That's why a club needs a good name manager. If you remember FFC had problems recruiting under Kit because of his lack of experience and the turmoil that had gone before.

Why is that disrespectful to use your brains, and what's wrong with being questioning rather than kow towing to the party line and accepting everything you're spoon fed.

On the other hand great vibe on Saturday for the second half, great performance from Moussa.

Blanco

Baszab

McC is playing well below his capabilities and effort - sounds a bit stupid considering his 10 goals this season - but he is a Premier League player without doubt - still a bit Berbatovesque to me

Neil D

Quote from: Blanco on December 14, 2015, 08:31:45 AM
This thread has far too many pages.
That's the fault of too many people making inane posts.  Like this one.

Blanco

Quote from: Neil D on December 14, 2015, 09:14:32 AM
Quote from: Blanco on December 14, 2015, 08:31:45 AM
This thread has far too many pages.
That's the fault of too many people making inane posts.  Like this one.

It's nothing to do with that. It's the clubs fault for taking so long to assign a new manager.

Lighthouse

Coventry City boss Tony Mowbray is emerging as the prime target in Championship club Fulham's hunt for a new manager.

Speaking after the Sky Blues' 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United yesterday, Mowbray stressed that he has had no conversations with the Londoners who are still looking for a replacement after sacking Kit Symons five weeks ago.

But it is understood that the Craven Cottage club are impressed by the way that 52-year-old Mowbray – who signed a two-year deal in the summer – has transformed the Sky Blues from relegation battlers to promotion favourites on a comparative shoestring.

And if they do make a formal approach Mowbray would face a difficult decision as to whether he wants to build on the platform he has established at the Ricoh Arena or step up to a club with deep pockets and ambitions to return to the Premier League.

It certainly makes for an anxious build-up to Christmas for Sky Blues supporters who, despite yesterday's slip at Bramall Lane are convinced he offers them their best chance for many years to become upwardly mobile.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 14, 2015, 10:06:18 AM

Coventry City boss Tony Mowbray is emerging as the prime target in Championship club Fulham's hunt for a new manager.

Speaking after the Sky Blues' 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United yesterday, Mowbray stressed that he has had no conversations with the Londoners who are still looking for a replacement after sacking Kit Symons five weeks ago.

But it is understood that the Craven Cottage club are impressed by the way that 52-year-old Mowbray – who signed a two-year deal in the summer – has transformed the Sky Blues from relegation battlers to promotion favourites on a comparative shoestring.

And if they do make a formal approach Mowbray would face a difficult decision as to whether he wants to build on the platform he has established at the Ricoh Arena or step up to a club with deep pockets and ambitions to return to the Premier League.

It certainly makes for an anxious build-up to Christmas for Sky Blues supporters who, despite yesterday's slip at Bramall Lane are convinced he offers them their best chance for many years to become upwardly mobile.

"Speaking after the Sky Blues' 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United yesterday, Mowbray stressed that he has had no conversations with the Londoners who are still looking for a replacement after sacking Kit Symons five weeks ago." Good, hope it continues this way.

alexmur

just more rampant speculation

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SG

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 14, 2015, 10:58:07 AM

Coventry City boss Tony Mowbray is emerging as the prime target in Championship club Fulham’s hunt for a new manager.

Speaking after the Sky Blues’ 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United yesterday, Mowbray stressed that he has had no conversations with the Londoners who are still looking for a replacement after sacking Kit Symons five weeks ago.

It certainly makes for an anxious build-up to Christmas for Sky Blues supporters who, despite yesterday’s slip at Bramall Lane are convinced he offers them their best chance for many years to become upwardly mobile.

"Speaking after the Sky Blues’ 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United yesterday, Mowbray stressed that he has had no conversations with the Londoners who are still looking for a replacement after sacking Kit Symons five weeks ago." Good, hope it continues this way.

He has done it on a shoestring at Coventry - seems he has the perfect qualifications for our position then

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 14, 2015, 01:08:14 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jaap-stam-fancies-fulham-job-7006317

Oh please let this be true

Why? What has he done in coaching that Kit hadn't? Being a name footballer is no predictor of success as a coach/manager. Being a reserve side manager for Ajax certainly isn't either.

Maybe I've missed something in the little I've read about Stam since his playing days. If so, I'd sincerely appreciate enlightenment.

But, on the surface, this appears to be hiring another Kit and hoping the end result will be different. 
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: clarkey on December 14, 2015, 08:16:48 AM
Best of Brede and the others just need to use their brains not read the tabloids, it is obvious that players like Ross will want out if the club continues to be run badly.The Hammersmith End certainly noticed his lack of movement and effort on Saturday-and why does he still take corners when he is a box player.Dangerous free kicks-great, but corners-no.

Secondly it is equally obvious that no new players of any reputation will want to join.

That's why a club needs a good name manager. If you remember FFC had problems recruiting under Kit because of his lack of experience and the turmoil that had gone before.

Why is that disrespectful to use your brains, and what's wrong with being questioning rather than kow towing to the party line and accepting everything you're spoon fed.

On the other hand great vibe on Saturday for the second half, great performance from Moussa.

Are you trying to be ironic? First you ask "Why is that disrespectful" and then follow it up with "to use your brains, and what's wrong with being questioning rather than kow towing to the party line and accepting everything you're spoon fed." Maybe some would find questions like this less offensive if less offensive language was used.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Neil D

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 14, 2015, 01:21:48 PM

Are you trying to be ironic? First you ask "Why is that disrespectful" and then follow it up with "to use your brains, and what's wrong with being questioning rather than kow towing to the party line and accepting everything you're spoon fed." Maybe some would find questions like this less offensive if less offensive language was used.
You speak with some veracity, Mr McMoot.