https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 14, 2015, 01:17:38 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 14, 2015, 01:08:14 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jaap-stam-fancies-fulham-job-7006317

Oh please let this be true

Why? What has he done in coaching that Kit hadn't? Being a name footballer is no predictor of success as a coach/manager. Being a reserve side manager for Ajax certainly isn't either.

Maybe I've missed something in the little I've read about Stam since his playing days. If so, I'd sincerely appreciate enlightenment.

But, on the surface, this appears to be hiring another Kit and hoping the end result will be different. 

I for one hope it's not true, apart from having no experiance, there are plenty of other managers/coaches in England more worthy, might as well have kept Symons.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 14, 2015, 02:42:25 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jaap-stam-fancies-fulham-job-7006317

Why? What has he done in coaching that Kit hadn't? Being a name footballer is no predictor of success as a coach/manager. Being a reserve side manager for Ajax certainly isn't either.

Maybe I've missed something in the little I've read about Stam since his playing days. If so, I'd sincerely appreciate enlightenment.

But, on the surface, this appears to be hiring another Kit and hoping the end result will be different. 

I for one hope it's not true, apart from having no experiance, there are plenty of other managers/coaches in England more worthy, might as well have kept Symons.

On the surface, the reporting seems coincidental at best and typical tabloid putting together of 1 and 1 to get 3. But, the fact that it's being reported as a possibility at all is scary to me.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

toshes mate

I am losing track of all the names of coaches Fulham are being connected with.  Perhaps we just need a list of those who haven't appeared in the press yet but it makes you wonder FFC hadn't prepared the ground before sacking Kit as our points tally wouldn't have been much different had he still been in post now.  And I am really curious as to what the problem in defence is.  Kit brought in several defenders of which Stearman is the top buy on paper at least, and yet we are still shipping goals at set pieces - headed goals at that.  Personally speaking I think the real damage was done with Magath when solid Fulham players were discarded as if there was no tomorrow after he had failed to keep us in the Premiership.  It's the thought of another mistake appointment being made that seems to be prolonging the agony and taking us farther away from a decent points tally when the players we have got are, as Kit maintained, good enough for a play-off spot.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 14, 2015, 03:44:34 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 14, 2015, 02:42:25 PM

On the surface, the reporting seems coincidental at best and typical tabloid putting together of 1 and 1 to get 3. But, the fact that it's being reported as a possibility at all is scary to me.

Yes, I agree.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JDH101

My new shortlist would be:

Neil Lennon - Not fair to judge him on his Bolton post
Dave Jones - time to forgive and forget.
Danny Murphy - Still think he has tons of potential.
Kit Symons - Just kidding.
Neil Warnock - Ticks all the boxes for what we need to get us up.
Ian Holloway - Proven track record at getting teams up.

SG

Quote from: JDH101 on December 14, 2015, 06:49:05 PM

If that were the shortlist it would explain why it is taking so long to appoint someone !

BedsFFC

Fayed made mistakes. Wilkins & Bracewell but he got it right with Keegan (before he got snapped up by England) and with Tigana.

Khan now needs to make this right. I'm happy with a left field choice as long as the guy has been researched. Our club needs something special.

It's not about us. We need a manager that will make the players go "Wow". Holloway, Mowbray Warnock et al is not this person.

I just have to assume that the club taking so long means this is what we are looking at as surely all of the above would jump at the chance of joining us....or have we fallen so far so quickly?

westcliff white

Quote from: JDH101 on December 14, 2015, 06:49:05 PM

None of those would be on mine at all, would not make it too the first 15 or so. Maybe Jones at a push but it would be a real push
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

The old Watford manager seems the best bet for me.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

JDH101

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 14, 2015, 07:37:35 PM
The old Watford manager seems the best bet for me.

Oh yes. Forgot about him. He'd be my numero uno.

HillingdonFFC

Whats going on with Oscar Garcia? Probably the best bet as hes available. Jokanovic seems to have died a death.
Just wish we would get someone in, no offence to Gray but we're in limbo at the moment

Ordar

The fans should just write the season off, as the club clearly have. They should offer season ticket refunds.

It can't possibly take this long to find someone. With the increasingly likely transfer embargo on the cards maybe we should be looking to just survive this year

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Ordar on December 14, 2015, 10:45:12 PM
The fans should just write the season off, as the club clearly have. They should offer season ticket refunds.

It can't possibly take this long to find someone. With the increasingly likely transfer embargo on the cards maybe we should be looking to just survive this year
We are just waiting for this post to hit 150,000.  The Fulham Management are running a book and Riggs has 152,500.  I cannot believe no-one has worked this out before?
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Riverside

Do you think we already have someone signed up but they won't start until after Christmas ?

Or are we still looking ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordar

37 days without a head coach/manager. 4 games thrown away. 3 points from a possible 12. No wins in 6 games

mike_corkcity12

Sacked Kit. Rigg seemingly thought he could have had someone in by MK Dons. Curbs takes training immediately after Kit goes only to be replaced by Grant. Public issue with Steve Clarke.

The club is trying to spin it that we are in control and planning really well but it has been a mess. We aren't appointing a manager to middle or end of January. 

bucksfulham

Jokanovic now 4/11 with SkyBet.....looks promising and I would be happy with him

Oakeshott

"we are in control"

The reality is that in appointing a new coach/manager neither side is in control (unless the proposed appointee has genuinely no interest in being appointed). It is a matter of negotiation, and it would have been offensive to have opened negotiations with a possible new manager while Kit was in role. (We shouldn't want to emulate Spurs or Man City in that regard.)

Sacking Kit was a necessary first step to approaching anyone else, and making an approach the second. We don't know for sure who has been approached - other than Clarke - or the order, and it seems likely that things were pretty well sewn up with Clarke before he or his agent "tried it on". If that story is correct Khan was absolutely right to tell him to take a hike.

It is of course disappointing that uncertainty remains, but the Club needs to find someone that "fits" its conception of what is wanted and, given the time it takes a new appointee to assess what he has inherited and get the squad playing in the way he wants, promotion was most unlikely even if Roy himself had been re-appointed on the day Kit left.

If Khan wanted to maximise the chance of getting promoted this season, he needed to act at the end of last season. He didn't, with predicted consequences. So in reality all we have to look forward to this season is seeing the new coaching team, when fully appointed, getting the squad playing more effectively and thus generating the hope that we will be genuine promotion candidates next season. And of course the very outside possibility - given the 3rd round draw - that we might have a Cup run.

filham

The January transfer window is not far away now. Isn't it essential we have a new man in position to see us through that.

westcliff white

Quote from: filham on December 15, 2015, 11:25:48 AM
The January transfer window is not far away now. Isn't it essential we have a new man in position to see us through that.
Disagree with that, as in all likelihood we have a embargo. This will mean we cannot do much if any business in that window, unless the total outlay is under 600k per annum or if the contract is less than a year then less than 600k on a pro rata basis. That 600k includes any fees and salary.

Personally if we have an embargo would prefe rit to be January than during the summer
Every day is a Fulham day