Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 17, 2015, 02:22:09 PM
Quote from: Chutney on December 17, 2015, 01:10:48 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 17, 2015, 12:51:13 PM
Jokanovic would be a perfect appointment.  My preference from day 1.  Come on Slavisa sign on the dotted line and that's us made up for Christmas!

THE PERFECT APPOINTMENT WOULD OF BEEN 7 GAMES AGO. There is no one who can save our season now, we're destined to another year at least at this level.

Some would take that as a positive.

I certainly do. While we have a more than competitive Championship squad, we'd have to dispense with about 2/3rds of it to survive a season in the Prem.

The good news is that John Still is without a job as of this morning.  093.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Neil D

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 17, 2015, 02:22:09 PM
Jokanovic would be a perfect appointment.  My preference from day 1.  Come on Slavisa sign on the dotted line and that's us made up for Christmas!

THE PERFECT APPOINTMENT WOULD OF BEEN 7 GAMES AGO. There is no one who can save our season now, we're destined to another year at least at this level.

Some would take that as a positive.
The truth that dare not speak its name...

clarkey

TAKE EVERYTHING BACK !!!

Rigg is a genius, he knew what was going to happen and has just phoned Jose to confirm the arrangements.

As long as we get a new Club Doctor JM is the new chief coach.

BedsFFC

OK, was going to post asking whether people at the club were actually still looking for manager. Then I got thinking....

I reckon that we pretty much have our man. Only thing is, he can't take it right now. For whatever reason, this can't be announced, so we get decent cover in with Grey, who at least by reputation has a record for sorting out defences.

I do accept that this is giving the powers that be some praise but this must be the situation.

We cannot possibly not have someone lined up after this long......surely?

Twig

So you wouldn't welcome Jokanovic with open arms?

Hoppus

Anyone got the link to the Jokanovic odds?

BedsFFC

Quote from: mkras99 on December 17, 2015, 08:34:02 PM
Latest from Wayne Veysey who has been spot on (or so it seems) - http://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive/fulham-make-stanislav-jokanovic-approach-and-have-back-up-candidate

Throws up more questions than answers:

Like, so he's our 6th choice? We've only just made an approach? What if our back up doesn't want to join?

Having said all that, I actually think he's been our man for awhile but we have not been able to make it official and he has agreed that Grey comes in to work beforehand.

ron

"Do you know the way to Sign Jose. la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...?"

...but no thanks, the arrogance overload would be just too much to bear, even if it was financially likely..

Wearethewhites

Jokanovic gone from 13/8 to 1/1 on Oddschecker, WTF?

ToodlesMcToot

Latest from Wayne Veysey who has been spot on (or so it seems) - http://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive/fulham-make-stanislav-jokanovic-approach-and-have-back-up-candidate

I would like to hear his synopsis of this process once it's done to see if it's been the mess that so many here believe that it has been. I don't really believe it'll change opinions. Those seem somewhat set.

He just seems more informed than any here are, or will admit to being, and seems most likely to tell the tale.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 17, 2015, 08:40:34 PM

Like, so he's our 6th choice? We've only just made an approach? What if our back up doesn't want to join?

Having said all that, I actually think he's been our man for awhile but we have not been able to make it official and he has agreed that Grey comes in to work beforehand.

Who are the other supposed choices aside from Pearson and Clarke? Mr. Gray seems never to have been considered for the lead role in our play.

I'm beginning to believe that Jokanovic felt or was required to finish the job in the CL before he could enter into any serious talks and the powers here at the club were willing to wait for his availability.

Question I have is: Is Garcia the option waiting in the wings?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 17, 2015, 10:09:23 PM
Jokanovic gone from 13/8 to 1/1 on Oddschecker, WTF?
That's not a big move though is it
Every day is a Fulham day

Domino1879

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 17, 2015, 08:40:34 PM

Tony Mowbray as back up candidate???
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
So much for 'taking us to the next level'.  Or is that the next level down?
I despair at this inept and incompetent management.

Chutney

Quote from: Twig on December 17, 2015, 06:10:40 PM

So you wouldn't welcome Jokanovic with open arms?

I would welcome him, but it does nothing for this season. Which is why this whole episode has been so frustrating.
C O Y W

Ordar

HAPPY 40th DAY WITHOUT A MANAGER / headcoach!!

It truly has been a memorable time that is propelling us towards our Christmas target points total.

5 games played. 3 points from 15. 9 goals conceded, including 4 from corners.

Nero

Quote from: Ordar on December 18, 2015, 09:41:21 AM

It truly has been a memorable time that is propelling us towards our Christmas target points total.

Yes it begs the question if Kit was sacked for not hitting his points target, Grant get moved back down after only drawing, who gets sacked now we are further behind

SG

Quote from: Nero on December 18, 2015, 11:13:13 AM

Yes it begs the question if Kit was sacked for not hitting his points target, Grant get moved back down after only drawing, who gets sacked now we are further behind

Rigg - for overseeing this state of affairs. We can only dream

Domino 1879

Quote from: SG on December 18, 2015, 11:17:07 AM
Quote from: Nero on December 18, 2015, 11:13:13 AM

Rigg - for overseeing this state of affairs. We can only dream

100% agree

Wearethewhites

Israeli press and a reliable Israli sports channels has confirm that Fulham have contacted Tel Aviv about Jakonavic'.