more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mike Rigg has spoken - not sure if this is already on here

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 10, 2015, 06:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/november/10/mike-rigg

Looks like the sacking decision was made after Birmingham game - coach with experience sought

Riverside

Right values - Pearson out ?

Head Coach - Moyse out ? JFH a better fit ?

And giving himself time to appoint someone - Waiting for World Cup play off results ? Martin O Niell a possibility ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie

Slaphead in Qatar

hope to god its not roster - what exactly has he done to deserve this job.

ToodlesMcToot

Noticed that he wouldn't even name an interim should the need arise. Leads me to believe that Curbs is in the running for the permanent job for sure. Know that Curbs has already said the job is an attractive one but, that doesn't mean he is being considered. Now, I think that's been confirmed indirectly.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Wimbledon_White

Who are the real 'Head Coaches' rather than the Managers out there?

Lambert? Very open about how he has travelled Europe looking at modern and innovative training styles.
Hasselbaink? New to the industry (relatively) so a Head Coach role by default probably isn't going to be alien to him...not like compared to the old guard like Redknapp or Hodgson (not that Roy is an option of course)
Pearson? Is he a Manager or a Head Coach?
Slavisa Jakonavic (sic)? I don't know much about this guy?
Uwe Rosler? Where does he fall in this conundrum?

alexmur

Quote from: Riverside on November 10, 2015, 06:16:52 PM

And giving himself time to appoint someone - Waiting for World Cup play off results ? Martin O Niell a possibility ?

Martin oneill is not going to leave ireland, not before his contract. moyes could easily be a head coach it might even suit him

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 10, 2015, 06:21:35 PM
Noticed that he wouldn't even name an interim should the need arise. Leads me to believe that Curbs is in the running for the permanent job for sure. Know that Curbs has already said the job is an attractive one but, that doesn't mean he is being considered. Now, I think that's been confirmed indirectly.
How have you come to that conclusion? By not naming a caretaker, because hopefully we have our new man means curbs is in the running? Isn't it just as likely that he didn't name him because he doesn't want him in charge of the first team.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: alexmur on November 10, 2015, 06:31:47 PM
Quote from: Riverside on November 10, 2015, 06:16:52 PM

Martin oneill is not going to leave ireland, not before his contract. moyes could easily be a head coach it might even suit him

Is he contracted beyond the qualies? Ie if he gets knocked out is that his contract up
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

GW02

One thing I took from this interview was that Rigg never wanted Kit, "let's plan for the divorce" wouldn't be the greatest thing to hear for anyone.

Wimbledon_White

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: GW02 on November 10, 2015, 06:40:24 PM
One thing I took from this interview was that Rigg never wanted Kit, "let's plan for the divorce" wouldn't be the greatest thing to hear for anyone.

Yeah that is shocking.

Sounds to me like Kit never stood a chance once Rigg was on-board.

So much for our values.

rusty shackleford

grandad

Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 10, 2015, 06:43:10 PM
I have to say, i do like Rigg.

So do I. He knows what he wants for the Club & will do his utmost to achieve it.Not a man to cross.
Where there's a will there's a wife

aaronmcguigan

I think it's refreshing and honest to hear this. He made kit aware that managers don't last forever, and sometime along the way, there would be a parting of ways. Rigg was open about it whether it came from Fulham sacking him, symons quitting or kit being poached. We as a championship team had to be prepared and sounds like we were.

One thing that needs to happen is that the HEAD coach needs to sack all the other coaches. They haven't been good enough. A good coaching team with a proper head coach who will implement khans vision is what we need.
Might be a yes man, but it will get us consistency,  settle us down and maybe build something instead of taking a wrecking ball to the squad every 6 months

love4ffc

Several things for me.

One I don't like when individuals being interviewed have their arms crossed while being interviewed.  It usually indicates they feel threatened and are in a defensive state of mind.  It really looks unprofessional and just too casual.  With that said I like what I've heard from Riggs so far. 

Two I like that they have not set a drop dead date for having a head coach in place.  It tells me that while they are hoping to have someone in place for MK Dons they are not going to rush the process.  

Three when Riggs list the qualities they are looking for I get the picture they want someone who has at least been successful in taking a Championship team into the PL.  That leaves out any League 1 or 2 candidates in my mind.  

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Robbie

Rigg sounded like a bureaucrat ... "we want someone who doesn't rock the boat or challenge me" ....

Ordar

I also really like Rigg. There is a clear vision for the club, and he isnt going to mess around.

Sounds like we're looking for an experienced, successful head coach. Anyone know who technically has done that role previously? (Di Matteo?) I would be incredibly surprised if it was JFL now.

westcliff white

Values rules Pearson out
Experience rules JFH out

As for M O'Neil I believe his contract that means they have the right to ask him to step down if they do not qualify, however I don't think he would want to be a head coach he is more a manager. Moyes also is more a manager than a head coach.
Every day is a Fulham day

alexmur

I get the impression that rigg wants a front man and that he will be effectively pulling the strings. if he goes with curbs we will just be looking for someone else in 6 mts time.

I'm not giving up my moyes dream until it doesn't happen.