News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its like Deja Vu all over again- Cant be true can it?

Started by os5889, August 02, 2010, 12:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://www.footylatest.com/tottenham-looking-to-offload-striker-and-target-two-midfielders/15639

Tottenham looking to offload striker and target two midfielders

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is preparing to offload striker Peter Crouch to either Fulham or Liverpool with the intention of bringing in either Stephen Ireland or Scott Parker according to The Daily Mirror. It has been anticipated that since after the World Cup is completed that Redknapp would hit the transfer market with a vengeance to strengthen his Spurs squad but to date there has been very little activity at White Hart Lane, that is apparently about to change.

The Mirror have run more than one story on the rumours linking players in and out of White Hart Lane and while anything The Mirror prints should be taken with a pinch of salt it is an indication that Tottenham will be one of a handful of teams that the press will concentrate on with rumour and speculation and if Redknapps history is anything to go by then the press are probably making the right choice in targeting Spurs.

Redknapp himself has stated that Spurs do need a couple of quality players, and both a striker and a midfielder seem to be high on his list and one can only guess that by selling a striker in Crouch that Redknapp is lining up a replacement for the England International, it also increases the chances that Robbie Keane may stay at White Hart Lane.

Stephen Ireland is probably the more likely midfield target as West Ham have made it clear that Scott Parker is not for sale and Ireland will come cheaper in any event with a fee of £15 Million being touted in some quarters, West Ham have told Tottenham that they will need a min of £20 Million to get Parker.

Bottom line is that it will be an interesting few weeks at White Hart Lane, no one wheels and deals better that old Harry Redknapp.

AlFayedsChequebook

If I was Man City, the last team I would sell players to is Spurs. They are direct challengers, why would they help them out?

Burt

It would be ironic, given the current legal stuff swilling around, if after all that 'Arry only kept Crouch for one season...

Suspect Roy will move in for him.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Burt on August 02, 2010, 12:55:25 PM
It would be ironic, given the current legal stuff swilling around, if after all that 'Arry only kept Crouch for one season...

he can have that lanky spaz, hes not a top striker, and the only thing he is good at is when the ball is at his feet, he cant header, and when he does he has no clue where its going.

blingo

Quote from: ollienixs on August 02, 2010, 01:11:26 PM
Quote from: Burt on August 02, 2010, 12:55:25 PM

he can have that lanky spaz, hes not a top striker, and the only thing he is good at is when the ball is at his feet, he cant header, and when he does he has no clue where its going.

A strike rate of 1 in 2 for England and a prolific scoring record throughout his career makes me wonder if you know what you are talking about?????? :49: :49:

Burt

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when he didn't join us last season.

I actually quite rate him. He's a good target, has a good first touch, holds up the play well, brings others in, and actually scores a few.

leonffc

Quote from: Burt on August 02, 2010, 04:52:55 PM
I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when he didn't join us last season.

I actually quite rate him. He's a good target, has a good first touch, holds up the play well, brings others in, and actually scores a few.

I rate him but dont want him now. He's soiled goods!! He encourages the long ball too often from full backs (no fault of his own). I think BZ had a better season than him and if he were to be replaced I think Santa Cruz would be better and cheaper - provided he stays fit.

Great avatar OS by the way

AlFayedsChequebook

I think last season the reason people were so excited about bringing crouch in was that Zamora had been so goal shy. Now Zamora is banging them in you wonder why Fulham would need a £7m bench warmer.

SuffolkWhite

I like Crouch but does he do the same job at BZ?

It is gonna be interesting what Hughes does with the forward line.

I think BZ and a Bellamy type would fit the bill for us, and will Kamara stay now?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"