watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- beards

Started by HatterDon, November 25, 2015, 04:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMatt

At 28 I'm so often the odd one out having no beard. 10 years ago or so I tried to see if I could grow one, but the itchiness, the smelliness and the fact that under the surface a greasy, spotty rash is developing has put me off every trying again.

The flip side of it is I look like some sort of trend-setter without any facial hair.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

bog

I have had a full beard for 42 years and it aint coming off ever! Thus my wife and children have never seen me clean shaven, well never really clean either come to that. Originally as I was fed up with cutting meself shaving. If it was left to me I would have a ZZTop one...but I am married....

Thank you and good night 

092.gif 

alexmur

I have one from time to time, but I put it down to laziness. I used to have to shave everyday for work and when I changed jobs and no longer had to I just let it run wild from time to time. I generally get rid of it when I enter in to the hipster zone or homeless shek

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Berserker

When my husband and I seperate for a couple of years he grew a beard when we split up, then shaved it off when we got back together. Not sure why as i quite like a beard but I don't think he liked the grey that was starting to come through
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

What's the world coming too. You compliment someone on their beard and she gets offended!

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

HV71

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 25, 2015, 04:28:40 PM
Quote from: Berserker on November 25, 2015, 04:25:53 PM
When my husband and I seperate for a couple of years he grew a beard when we split up, then shaved it off when we got back together. Not sure why as i quite like a beard but I don't think he liked the grey that was starting to come through

How do you know it's the same bloke ?

Thanks Woolly - just spilled red wine all over me ! One of the best posts EVER ! I am doomed

Woolly Mammoth

After a thorough research, and further gathering of information, the individual who started this fashion has been narrowed down to Rasputin the Mad Monk, it's all his fault.
May I suggest you all hunt him down, locate his whereabouts, and offer him some cakes laced with poison, shoot him several times with Flint Lock Pistols, bludgeon him with chains, before wrapping him up in those same chains, and throwing him in a frozen river where he will be trapped under the ice and be D o o m e d  to drown, even if he escapes the chains.
That will teach him to get these bright ideas.  
I bet nobody has ever thought of that before.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on November 25, 2015, 08:15:20 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 25, 2015, 04:28:40 PM
Quote from: Berserker on November 25, 2015, 04:25:53 PM

How do you know it's the same bloke ?

Thanks Woolly - just spilled red wine all over me ! One of the best posts EVER ! I am making repetitive replies that aren't funny!

My pleasure

Never forget your Roots.

King_Crud

I've had mutton chops or a beard for the last 20 years. I hate shaving, or even trimming, but I hate super hairy hipster beards, so I do what I can to keep it generally in trimmed beardly length. Discovered recently the barbers across the road from work does a beard trim for £5. One of those every two weeks, that's me sorted. Don't even have to use my trimmer anymore

Burt

I have a bit of facial hair and have done for a few years now mainly because I have crap skin and developed an allergy to most shaving products and even electric shavers end up make me looking all blotchy and raw.

I do keep it all in check though with a stubble-shaver, so it never gets to ewok or wookie proportions.

This puberty mullarkey is bad news, and I would have thought at the tender age of 49 I would have ditched the bad skin by now  :dft011:

bog

Woolly I know what I look like and that is enough!! My family would have the screaming ab dads if I ever became clean shaven.  :005:

Thank you and good afternoon

092.gif

Rambling Syd version 2

I've got a moustashe and have had for about three years,bald head too
Would grow a beard but I've not really got a neck and when I've shave "the mo"off I look like Mr Potatoe head-good enough reason to For me to keep it lol

St. Andrews White

I've got a wee goatee going on meself.

When I told the mates I was gonna grow it they were mortified, but now even the girlfriend gets offended if I shave it off!!!
(Must admit I'm now under strict orders to not go clean shaven...)
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Woolly Mammoth

082.gif
Quote from: bog on November 26, 2015, 12:04:00 PM
Woolly I know what I look like and that is enough!! My family would have the screaming ab dads if I ever became clean shaven.  :005:

Thank you and good afternoon

092.gif

But you may only know what you look like with a Beard, as it has been a considerable length of time since you saw yourself clean shaven. There is a strong possibility that you may walk past a mirror, and think you have just past a complete stranger.
Therefore, may I recommend you err on the side of caution, and keep your beard until further investigations are carried out. In the meantime we will monitor your beard until further notice.
Good Afternoon and Thank you.

Never forget your Roots.