watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- beards

Started by HatterDon, November 25, 2015, 04:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

So, folks between 20 and 35 seem to have discovered facial hair over on the left side of the Atlantic -- not just neatly trimmed chin and cheek decorations, mind you, but long scraggly beards reaching 8-10 inches in some cases. Has this disease -- I hear it's called "hipster" -- blighted Old Blighty as well?

Mind you, the day I left the military, I decided that my mustache would always be accompanied by some sort of facial hair, and I still have a goatee -- in fashionable silver & white. But I do trim the sucker regularly.

So, who on here is growing a face forest? And it is just male solidarity in November, or is it a fashion or political statement?

Inquiring minds are ... bored shitless actually.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

tonynorton

Same I left the army a 18 months ago after 15 years and now have a full beard
But i see it as giving my face a rest after shaving almost everyday for that long.

Fulham76

The 'modern' beard I keep seeing looks ridiculous! I don't mind a bit of facial hair & regularly have a fair bit of stubble myself but these things look bloody stupid. Scruffy & probably unhygienic & should be banned if you ask me.
There was a guy at the gym yesterday who was sporting a good 8 - 10 inch modern beard. He was probably only mid 20's but difficult to tell what's going on under one of those things! Anyway, he looked a right tit.

BobbyTheBrain

I'm growing me pubes out.
It's not fair to flair.

Lighthouse

I have had my beard for over 40 years. It is just a beard that I trim from time to time. It has changed colour many times as I vainly tried to keep the grey out. I have been told to get rid of it by employers and was told by a girlfriend that it looked 'naff'. Nowadays beards are back in fashion. I am pleased and have no problem at all with facial hair of varying lengths.

If people want to put rings in their noses or a tattoo on their face. Then if it makes them happy, good for them. The same with beards. It would help if we just allowed people to get on with things.

Power to the people with beards.

065.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I've got a beard. Not an easy thing to get a good looking one. Lots of work and effort has gone into it!

Chicks dig it though, so that's always a bonus!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 25, 2015, 08:17:38 AM
I have had my beard for over 40 years. It is just a beard that I trim from time to time. It has changed colour many times as I vainly tried to keep the grey out. I have been told to get rid of it by employers and was told by a girlfriend that it looked 'naff'. Nowadays beards are back in fashion. I am pleased and have no problem at all with facial hair of varying lengths.

If people want to put rings in their noses or a tattoo on their face. Then if it makes them happy, good for them. The same with beards. It would help if we just allowed people to get on with things.

Power to the people with beards.

065.gif
Ah Mr L, you beat me by 10 years
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

mullers

I've had a beard since my early twenties mainly because I hate shaving. I realised that it had become something more important when I went into a state of shock when Jerry Garcia shaved his off - thankfully it was only temporary.
If we win after I've trimmed it I trim it before every game until we lose, and don't touch it until we win again. It got a bit out of hand last year - is that how this hipster thing started?

Steven Ageroad

How many people, sorry men, on this board have hair on their chin but very little or none on their head? Is there a connection? just curious.

Airfix

Airfix

Quote from: Airfix on November 25, 2015, 11:26:47 AM

Except in Alabama and eastern Germany, where the lower two are still the 067.gif norm 067.gif

The Equalizer

There is a blight in my current home town of Manchester, and it is called the 'hipster'.

Every day I have to walk past a trendy barbershop in the Northern Quarter which is always busy. Most of the time, every single bloke waiting for a trim has a beard. The place looks like an Ewok casting call most of the time!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Barry White

It will carry on for a long time, until the next generation grow up realize it looks ridiculous and refuses to have beards at all

valdeingruo

Yes, Hatter. That is what is referred to, at least in our part of the world.

Even if I wasn't in the military, genetics has given me the ability to never be able to grow anything of the sort.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Nero

Beards are the new Mullet

jarv

Back in the days (the George Best era, pre Fulham) a lot of players (down to park football level) had beards. I had one for about 8 years. My mate's mum used to say I looked just like him, pity I couldn't play like him.!!!  It took a lot of courage to shave it off. I always thought beards looked better combined with longish hair but that was the style in the 70s.

grandad

I used to sport a beard until I got to 60 & then it looked like a badgers backside so shaved it off.
Where there's a will there's a wife

gerrys

Back in 1970 I was told, at a job interview with F.N.C.B., that I would need to remove my beard....I grew it back a couple of years later.....it has been a goatee for the last 30-odd years and lately rather white!!! Then a couple of months ago I let it all grow again but I am keeping it trimmed.

Rupert

I have had a beard, on and off, since my mid-twenties, currently a goatee, so coming up for thirty years in various forms and lengths. I can't shave it off now, Mrs Rupert forbids it, though she does trim it down to stubble from time to time. A friend did have a very large beard, shaved it off last month, nobody recognised him and he is now facing demands to put it back on in time for May next year.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.