Main Menu

Tigana's Back

Started by os5889, August 04, 2010, 03:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11800_6294562,00.html

Tigana glad to be back

Bordeaux boss beaming ahead of new season

Jean Tigana admits he is delighted to have returned to his spiritual home as the new manager of Bordeaux.

The former France international was announced as Laurent Blanc's successor back in May, bringing to an end a three-year absence from management.

Tigana has been out of the game since parting company with Turkish outfit Besiktas in 2007.

Before that he enjoyed considerable success as manager of Fulham, Monaco and Lyon.

He is delighted to have experienced life away from his homeland, but insists he has no desire to leave France again.

Tigana hopes he is just starting out on what will become a long-running relationship with Bordeaux, a club that means more to him than most.

In the 1980s he was an integral part of a side which dominated French football, making over 250 appearances for the club during an eight-year stint.

"I had many propositions, but my desire was to go abroad," he told L'Equipe on his decision to join Fulham in 2000.

"It is something you have to experience. England and then Turkey were very enriching, but there was also a lot of pressure.

"Going abroad is now done for me. I have been through that already.

"Bordeaux is my club. They have won six national titles, three with me, and three French Cups, two with me. I am a little part of this club's history. To come back has been very emotional."

Bordeaux chairman Jean-Louis Triaud insists Tigana was always the club's preferred choice once Blanc announced that he was to take the reins of the France national side.

"We never lost our desire to sign him," he said.

"We thought about the option for several years. As a replacement for Laurent Blanc, he was our first choice.

"He was not difficult to convince. We had a phone call, we met and it was all sorted in 15 minutes.

"We wanted to hire a coach with a strong character, with a lot of titles to his name and an impressive CV as a coach."

Lighthouse

Blimey did all the Liverpool news dry up at Sky. A two month old story makes it to the website.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope