watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (11/12/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 10, 2015, 09:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Oxford United keen to extend loan spell of on loan Fulham full back Jordan Evans

Jordan Evans in action against Yeovil on Tuesday night

MICHAEL Appleton is keen to extend Jordan Evans's loan after the youngster made a hugely impressive full debut.

The 20-year-old had no experience of senior football before joining from Fulham last month, but scored a stunning 35-yard goal against Yeovil Town in Tuesday's Johnstone's Paint Trophy tie.

It set the U's on the way to a 3-2 win which sent them into the area final next month.

Evans will be available to play in the first leg at The Den in the week starting January 11, but as it stands the left back will have departed before the second game in the first week of February.

Appleton has been delighted with the youngster's impact so far and admitted he would jump at the chance if an extension was possible to provide competition for Joe Skarz.

The U's head coach said: "Absolutely, we're a little bit short in that area and we have been for a long time.

"Joe has been ever-present for us and is seven out of ten every week, but he does need pushing at times, as everyone does to keep performance levels high.

"If we get the opportunity then it's something we'd look to do.

"I think Jordan is in a good place and is enjoying himself, he likes the club and we'll see where we get to.

"It was a fantastic strike, he's more than capable of doing that on a regular basis.

"He's got great set piece delivery, he's got a wand of a left foot and will be delighted with his full debut."

Evans is not looking beyond United's Sky Bet League Two game at home to Carlisle United on Saturday, when he is hoping a strong midweek display will push claims for a run in the side.

He said: "It's up to the manager to decide, but obviously I want to play as well as I can to try and get more game time.

"Hopefully I start a few games in the league, I think I did myself justice."

Meanwhile, the U's could find out today if their Emirates FA Cup third round tie with Swansea City has been selected for live television coverage.

If chosen, United would receive £144,000.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/football/headlines/14134894.Oxford_United_keen_to_extend_loan_spell_of_on_loan_Fulham_full_back_Jordan_Evans/?

WhiteJC

Come Home For Football

Sky Sports Football League expert Ian Holloway today called for fans around the country to get behind their local clubs this Christmas, as The Football League begin preparations for the start of the festive period where a massive 192 Football League games will be played.

Over 2 million fans are expected to attend Football League fixtures between the 11th December and the 2nd January, with many heading home to re-unite with friends, family and their local football clubs. Those that do will have the opportunity to take in the magic of Christmas in the stands with over 17,000 hours of football set to light up the festive period.

Fans can find out when their local clubs are playing and purchase tickets by visiting www.comehomeforfootball.com, making it easier than ever for supporters to be in the thick of the action during what is traditionally one of the most exciting periods of the season.

Supporters that head to www.comehomeforfootball.com will also have the chance to win a pair of tickets to their club's final home game of 2015 and an official Mitre Delta Hyperseam club-branded football signed by the squad. The competition is being run in association with Mitre, the Official Ball Supplier to The Football League.

Speaking about the bumper Christmas schedule, Shaun Harvey, Chief Executive of The Football League said: "Christmas and New Year has always been a special time for fans and with over 180 Football League fixtures scheduled we're all in for another treat this season.

"Over 2 million people will experience the excitement of Football League matches first-hand over the festive period. We're encouraging as many people as possible to come home for football and join them at a game this Christmas".

The festivities kick off on Sky Sports, who will be showing 10 live matches from the Sky Bet Football League in 10 consecutive days this December, in what is a first for The Football League. A full list of the live games can be found at: www.skysports.com/10in10

Starting with Nottingham Forest's trip to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Friday 11th December, Sky Sports' '10 in 10' is the perfect option for those that can't get to their local club in person across Christmas but don't want to miss out on the fantastic entertainment on offer.

Ian Holloway, who will be a studio guest for all 10 matches on Sky Sports added: "Christmas has come early!  It's been a brilliant start to the season and what better way to celebrate the festive season than by showing ten matches in ten days from the most exciting League in football.  I'm delighted that fans will get the chance to enjoy nearly two weeks of non-stop Football League action exclusively live on Sky Sports."

The full list of matches to be shown live for 10 in 10 is:

Fri 11 Dec       Wolverhampton W v Nottingham Forest       7.45pm, Sky Sports 1 & 5

Sat 12 Dec      Milton Keynes Dons v Ipswich Town            12.30pm, Sky Sports 1

Sun 13 Dec     Sheffield United v Coventry City                  12.00pm, Sky Sports 2

Mon 14 Dec    Blackburn Rovers v Nottingham Forest        7.45pm, Sky Sports 2

Tue 15 Dec     Queens Park Rangers v Brighton & HA       7.45pm, Sky Sports 1 & 5

Wed 16 Dec    Hull City v Reading                                        7.45pm, Sky Sports 1 & 5

Thu 17 Dec     Wolverhampton W v Leeds United               7.45pm, Sky Sports 1

Fri 18 Dec       Birmingham City v Cardiff City                     7.45pm, Sky Sports 1

Sat 19 Dec      Brighton & Hove Albion v Middlesbrough     12.30pm, Sky Sports 1

Sun 20 Dec     Walsall v Port Vale                                        12.00pm, Sky Sports 2

Football League 10 in 10 is part of Sky Sports' biggest ever Football League season which includes live coverage of 127 live fixtures from the Sky Bet Championship and Sky Bet Leagues 1 and 2, including the Sky Play-Off Semi-Finals and all three Finals from Wembley.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/10/come-home-for-football?

WhiteJC

Brentford man champing at the bit to face rivals Fulham

The Brentford full back was on loan at Wycombe for the Good Friday triumph, where the Bees destroyed their hosts with four sublime goals

Nico Yennaris is relishing the chance to play in Saturday's west London derby against Fulham at Craven Cottage, having missed the chance to shine last season.

The Brentford full back was on loan at Wycombe for the Good Friday massacre, where the Bees destroyed their hosts with four sublime goals.

The former Arsenal man was in the stands for the win at Griffin Park in November 2014 and he knows the fans are demanding all three points from their rivals.

He said: "I watched the game at Griffin Park last season. We know it's going to be a lively atmosphere.

"We've got a job to do and hopefully we'll come back with the three points."

The Bees squad went on their Christmas party last weekend and Yennaris believes it will help the squad get to know each other better.

He added: "It's nice for the whole team to get out together. It's a good opportunity to get to know a few of the boys even more.

"A lot of new faces came in but I think we've gelled and a team night together will help build that."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-man-champing-bit-face-10557854

WhiteJC

Glory: No Taggart, but Keogh returns

Socceroo striker Adam Taggart is not on his way to Perth Glory, FourFourTwo understands, but Andy Keogh is expected to make a dramatic return.

Glory are set to make a major announcement on Friday and Taggart has been linked to a return to the A-League.

But Fulham, Taggart's parent club, told FourFourTwo, that despite media speculation there has so far been no approach from Perth for the centre forward.

However the WA club, rooted to the bottom of the table, is expected to bring back their star scorer from last season, Andy Keogh.

It is understood the 29-year-old will be unveiled as a guest player as Kenny Lowe attempts to rescue Glory's season.

The Irish international, who scored 12 goals for Glory, was at the centre of the club's salary cap scandal which saw them demoted to 7th in 2o14/15 and dumped out of the playoffs.

Keogh signed with Ratchaburi in Thailand but Glory have made repeated, and until now unsuccessful, attempts to bring him back to Perth.

Meanwhile Taggart is currently on loan to Scottish club Dundee United until Jan 5. The striker will return to Fulham unless an agreement with another club can be reached.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/glory-no-taggart-keogh-returns#2xSXpFyyMd5PyWGO.99

WhiteJC

It`s All Our Fault!

Nestling in the back pages of a tabloid publication yesterday, but quite well hidden, was a little story relating to a former centre forward of ours.

The player in question is Pavel Pogrebynak, a Russian striker who had a fleeting career at Craven Cottage before deciding to head for the golden pastures of Reading Football Club.

Pogrebynak is now back in his native Russia and playing for Dynamo Moscow.

However the striker, mow thirty-two years of age, has gotten himself into a bit of trouble.

Pavel has been caught drinking and driving and has picked up a driving ban of some eighteen months.

However, it seems the striker is blaming his time in England for his error in judgement with Pavel remarking about his time over here,

"I got used to the fact that I could drink two beers after a match and get behind the wheel."

Perhaps he should consider himself lucky he wasn`t sent off to the Siberian Salt Mines for eighteen months hard labour!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=425157#ixzz3txLORhET

WhiteJC

Dean Smith: "we know how difficult this is going to be"

Head Coach warns ahead of West London derby with Fulham.

Dean Smith spoke ahead of Brentford's trip to neighbours Fulham, aware of the importance to Brentford fans of the fixture.

"It's a big game for the Club," said Dean. "I believe we've sold out our allocation of 5,000 so there's going to be a really good following there."

The newly-installed Head Coach is looking to replicate his previous visit to Craven Cottage in 2006, when as Assistant-Manager at Leyton Orient, they pulled off one of the shocks of the round to win.

"Fulham were then a Premier League side," said Dean. "Orient were a League Two team and won 2-1 so I've got good memories of that. But we know how difficult this is going to be.

"The one thing I've been stressing to the players is go and play like they did last week, but because it's a local derby there's got to be a sense of emotional control, so don't get carried away with the occasion, [but] play the game."

As the festive season approaches, the match schedule in the next month will test his squad to the limit but Dean was confident that the right choices will be made with the help of his backroom staff.

"We've got a very good sports science and medical department here who I can lean on," said Dean. "I can have a good idea about the players and the likely ones who would fatigue. It's all about the best thing for the football team. We want to get results every game and the way you get them is by performances. If you've got fresh players then you'll get that. We'll treat each game accordingly and see who's fit and who's not."

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/dean-smith-brentford-fulham-pre-match-10.12.15-2845000.aspx#gZDcitoU1dxwcygI.99

WhiteJC

Betsy's Award

Kevin Betsy was named Youth Development Phase Coach of the Year at the FA Coaching Awards on Sunday evening.

Fulham's Under-15/16 Head Coach was pleased to accept the award at St George's Park, but was quick to pay tribute to the efforts of his colleagues.

"It's fantastic recognition of all the work everyone in the Academy has done," he told the official website. "I got the individual award for that particular phase but I've got a lot of staff that work with me to try and improve the programme and the players on a daily basis.

"I can't do my job without the support of all those people; sports science, player care, education, goalkeeping, I could name all the people that work in each and every department, they've all played a massive role in helping develop the players.

"The FA have to recognise individuals, and I was lucky enough to be selected, but it's a great team effort and this is recognition of all the excellent work that goes on at the Club."

One of the highlights for the Academy over the last 12 months was the Under-16s' recent triumph in the Premier League International Cup, as they retained the trophy.

"It's definitely been a good year, with the 16s winning the nationals, it's been fantastic," Betsy admitted. "But there's a lot of work with the younger age groups that goes on as well.

"The Foundation Phase have done a great job of bringing players through into the Development Phase, and without that we wouldn't get to work with good players and get the opportunity to try and improve them.

"Recruitment has played a massive part in bringing quality players to the football club and the Academy. Colin Omogbehin, who's in charge of the London area, Dan Rice in Surrey, and Malcolm Elias who heads up all the recruitment, without these people we wouldn't have been able to reach the levels that we have.

"I want to also mention the coaching staff within the Youth Development Phase. [U13-14 Head Coach] Dan Thomas has been a big support, Mike Cave has worked with me for a number of years and is now Performance Manager, and at the top end we've got [Operations Manager] Lee Hagger who does a great job. He very silently goes about his business but his work is invaluable to us and he supports us greatly.

"And there's obviously Huw Jennings who gave me my opportunity at the Club. Huw's been fantastic to me in supporting the things I do and trying to develop me as person and as a coach. All these people played a big factor in me getting this award."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/10/betsys-award?

WhiteJC

Tunnicliffe Injury Update

First Team Physiotherapist Chris Hanson spoke to fulhamfc.com to update on the injury to Ryan Tunnicliffe: "Obviously Ryan's been missing since sustaining a rupture to his left hamstring which needed to be operated on. The procedure was successful and we expect a period of rehabilitation of up to three months, which we are already two weeks into."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/10/tunnicliffe-injury-update?

WhiteJC

Taggart the top target as Keogh heads back to Glory

Beleaguered Perth Glory are in advanced discussions to bring 2014 golden boot Adam Taggart back to the A-League, while former Glory striker Andy Keogh will be unveiled by the club on Friday

Keogh is set to return to the club he played for last season, when he scored 12 goals, after a short stint with Thai side Ratchaburi.

The Republic of Ireland international was released at the end of last season by Glory after being caught up in the club's salary cap scandal, but is now reportedly set to sign on for Kenny Lowe's side as a guest player.

Meanwhile, Glory chairman Tony Sage confirmed that they have been in discussions to return former Perth junior Taggart to nib Stadium for the last month.

Fulham confirmed they had been approached by a club but would not say who.

Taggart is from Perth and made his debut with the club in 2011 before moving on to the Jets in 2012.

It was at Newcastle where Taggart went through the best form of his career scoring 16 goals in 25 matches during the 2013-2014 season.

That form led to a move to English Championship side Fulham, but injury-plagued Taggart never made an appearance for the senior side in a competitive match.

On 1 September of this year Taggart was loaned out to Scottish Premier League side Dundee United where he has played over 543 minutes but failed to score. Dundee currently sit last in the league.

Taggart has played seven times for the Socceroos, scoring three goals.

It is unknown at this stage if the move would be permanent or just a loan and when exactly the move would take place. Taggart's loan deal with Dundee was expected to expire on 1 January, 2016.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/12/11/taggart-top-target-keogh-heads-back-glory?

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham vs. Brentford

Stuart Gray will take charge of Fulham as they look to end a poor run against West London rivals Brentford at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon.

Still looking for a permanent successor to Kit Symons, Fulham are winless in their last five games and they go up against a Brentford side boosted by the recent appointment of Dean Smith.

Fulham
Questions still need to be answered, but as Fulham prepare for their latest Championship test, the club's supporters will at least be looking at someone new on the touchline.

Since parting company with Symons early in November, the club have struggled in the search for his replacement and they are still waiting to make an appointment after recently targeting Steve Clarke and Gary Rowett.

A new arrival was confirmed this week when Stuart Gray was recruited as a senior coach, but it remains unclear whether his stay will be temporary, or if success in the role could earn him the job on a permanent basis.

Gray brings Championship experience to the job after his spell with Sheffield Wednesday, and he will be fully aware that he is expected to make an impact on a squad low on confidence after their recent run of poor results.

Without a win since the last day of October, Fulham's struggles were clear last weekend as they slipped to an emphatic 3-0 loss away to Nottingham Forest to leave them in 16th place.

Many expected a possible promotion push from this side, but with seven points currently separating the Cottagers from the playoffs, a response is needed soon to keep those hopes alive.

With the likes of Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele in the squad, fans have every right to be expecting more and Gray may be looking at this weekend as a chance to prove that he can turn their season around.

Recent form: WLLDDL

Brentford
Brentford completed their own difficult search for a new manager by appointing Smith just over a week ago, and he made the perfect start to life after Walsall by guiding the Bees to a comfortable 2-0 win over MK Dons last weekend.

Not only did three points arrive in his first game in charge, but the victory seemed to provide a lift for the club after Lee Carsley had done an admirable job steadying the ship as caretaker boss.

Smith was surely under no illusions when he accepted the challenge of making the switch to Brentford, and he will know that the club's owners expect this side to be pushing for a spot in the playoffs this season.

After making such a good start, the question is now whether Smith is the right man to take Brentford to the next level and with just one point separating them from the playoffs, optimism is high among the supporters.

Plenty will change in the playoffs and the true test of a promotion contender will be consistency.

Carsley's stint in charge ensured Smith arrived with his side in a decent position, but much could also depend on whether the club are willing to invest in the squad in January.

Smith saw his side rise to the occasion in his first game, but the supporters will be hopeful that he is the right man to manage the ambition of the owners with the unique tests of the Championship.

Recent form: WLDWDW

Team News
Despite the temptation to name an unchanged side, Smith will be boosted by the return of John Swift after he missed last weekend's win over MK Dons. Maxime Colin, who has not played since September due to a knee injury, is also available once again but a hamstring problem will keep Alan McCormack out of action.

Bad news arrived for Fulham this week when it was confirmed that Ryan Tunnicliffe was facing a further 10 weeks on the sidelines after being forced to undergo surgery on his hamstring.

Moussa Dembele is pushing to be fit after missing out against Forest due to a muscle problem, while Gray is likely to make changes elsewhere as he looks for a reaction from the squad.

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Lewis; Voser, Stearman, Ream, Garbutt; Cairney, O'Hara, Parker, Kacanikilic; Woodrow, McCormack

Brentford possible starting lineup:
Button; Yennaris, Tarkowski, O'Connell, Bidwell; Woods, Diagouraga, Swift, Canos, Judge; Vibe

Head To Head
Brentford dominated the derby last season by following a 2-1 home victory by thrashing the Cottagers 4-1 in the reverse fixture in April after the two sides had previously gone 16 years without meeting in the league.

We say: Fulham 2-2 Brentford

Fulham's struggles to keep clean sheets could go on against a Brentford side boosted by the return to fitness of a number of key players.

However, the arrival of Gray should produce a reaction from the Fulham squad and the pressure is on the hosts to improve in a derby in front of their own supporters.

It could be an exciting game, but both sides may fall short of victory.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/preview/preview-fulham-vs-brentford_261565.html?#$$nz6nfp&&y1QELJ/YEeWlPBIA6gSPrQ$$

WhiteJC

Fulham Fans Confident but Nervous for In-Form Bees' Return to the Cottage

Fulham Fans Confident but Nervous for In-Form Bees' Return to the Cottage

Big big game on Saturday. Fulham call it Brentford's cup final. Bees fan just call it a big West London Derby .. with one team fallen from Premier League grace .. and another team most definitely on the up. We speak to Andrew Beck from Cottage Confidential about their new manager search .... flogging Dembele and #JotaInTheLastMinute

It's a clean manager sheet for Fulham as they said enough is enough and relieved Kit Symonds of his duties. Have they done the right thing ?

Kit Symons was given a goal he needed to meet by the international break, and he didn't meet it. Hence the sacking. He'd pretty much lost the fanbase and that seemed the perfect time to make a change, so it's hard to fault management on that.

The new coach search however is a different story.

Some people might say if Kit went in the summer, you would have had a better pot to choose your new manager from – including Mark Warburton. Did you do the right thing by Kit by giving him a chance?

I think if the perfect manager existed they might have made a change in the summer. However, Kit took over a horrible situation last year with a squad that wasn't constructed well and that he had no say in.

It probably would have been unfair to fire him until he had a chance with a solid squad. He was given that chance, and really didn't take it.

A call was put into the caretaker manager agency and you have pulled Stuart Gray in. He's certainly done the rounds as caretaker including Burnley and Pompey. Will he steady your ship?

The confusing thing is that Stuart Gray isn't the manager. Fulham were looking to hire a head coach (not a manager).

Stuart Gray was not given that position though. He's currently a senior coach and the search to fill the head coaching position is still going on (yes I know how ridiculous that all sounds). Gray will be in charge for this game and has been running training, so he should make a difference.

His specialty is coaching defence which Fulham desperately need.

You're not short of cash. People seem to forget Fulham are laden with parachute payments after having been in the Premier League nit even 18 months ago. What have you done with the dosh?

Fulham have spent a lot over the last two seasons. Ross McCormack was expensive, but has been worth every penny. This year Fulham spent a lot of money on players with a solid history in the division. Jazz Richards, Richard Stearman, and Time Ream were all bought to help the defence.

Tom Cairney, Ben Pringle, and Jamie O'Hara were brought in to help the midfield. And Joe Lewis and Andy Lonergan were bought to strengthen the depth in goal (which we've needed a lot this year due to injury).

Throw in the few players on loan and Moussa Dembele who didn't really play much last year, and that's almost an entire new squad.
The last year in the Premier League and the first year in the Championship, Fulham fielded a squad that simply didn't make sense. There were players that duplicated skill sets and giant holes in the roster. That has been fixed. But someone still needs to come in and figure out a system to use all these new toys.

We discussed on the Pride of West London podcast below, you're not shy in front of goal having scored the most goals in the championship – 31. However you have let in 33 goals – only Rotherham have let in more. It seem obvious to most where the problem lies. Is it that simple?

As bad as the defense has been this year, it's still WAY better than last year. Still it needs to be improved. It really shouldn't be that hard, as most of the defensive problems are just stupid mistakes. Hopefully Stuart Gray can address this.

Dembele has scored 9 goals and is attracting interest from Premier League clubs including Man Utd and Spurs. Will he be missed or do you now need the cash?

Dembele is really good. We don't necessarily need the cash. But he will leave on a free in the summer if we don't sell him; so the temptation will be there to flog him.

It was always going to be tough to keep a player of his calibre around long term (just like with Patrick Roberts), but I had really hoped to get another year or two from him. The first Mousa Dembele might be my favorite Fulham player of all time, I was hoping the second one could surpass him.

Jota has added the hashtag #JotaInTheLastMinute to his Twitter profile referring to his 90th minute goals against Fulham at both Griffin Park and The Cottage last season. Is that rubbing salt in the wound
Honestly, we haven't even noticed. Fulham have been so great at conceding last minute goals it's almost become funny. The scenario for Fulham seems to be, outplay your opponent for long periods of time, then give up a goal near the end of the game or half on a corner or set piece. It's happened so often, you just sit around waiting for it.

Brentford's 4-1 victory at The Cottage last season and the subsequent celebrations showed Fulham fans how much victory over you meant to Bees fans as can be seen in the video below. In addition, the police have labelled this match a high risk 'Cat C' game and have admitted that they are 'concerned' about this match. Are you finally going to admit there is a rivalry there?

It's really hard for Fulham fans to admit there's a rivalry with anyone. Fulham fans are usually just too nice and can't be bothered. Add in the fact that a lot of Fulham's support is from foreign fans, means the whole West London thing is lost on a lot of people. There is a bit of a rivalry with you. And there is a bit with Chelsea. But with Chelsea it's more like we're just jealous of the successful big brother. With Brentford, there just isn't enough history of matches for most people to get worked up over. I think all three clubs can agree though, that QPR are just the worst.

How do you think Fulham will get on against Brentford at the weekend??

I honestly have no idea. I don't know what players are going to start. I don't know what formation is going to be played. I don't know what kind of strategy is going to be used. It's slightly terrifying. I don't even know who Fulham's coach is going to be after this game.

I'm not one to believe in a new manager bounce, but things can't get any worse, can they?

What I'd really like to see more than anything is a clean sheet. Even if it's a 0-0 draw, a clean sheet might show that Stuart Gray has something figured out.

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=17210

WhiteJC

Laura Jones column: Bank on Gray to plug Cottagers leaks

Owls fans will hopefully be seeing an old friend in the New Year.

Stuart Gray has been appointed senior coach of Fulham whilst they search for a permanent manager.

His first objective is to shore up Fulham's defence. They currently have the second worst defence in the Championship behind Rotherham United.

We know from experience what Stuart Gray can do for a team. His man management coaching style and attention to detail can still be seen in the team today. Let's not forget that the heart of our defence, Tom Lees and Glenn Loovens, was built by Stuart and continues to be first choice when they are fit.

It was announced earlier this week that Wednesday would be playing Fulham at home in the FA Cup third round in January, seven days after we play them away at Craven Cottage in the league. This gives Gray a few weeks to find the stopcock for Fulham's leaky defence.

Mike Rigg, Fulham's Chief Football Officer, told the club website that they hired Gray because of his productive stint in charge of the Owls, citing his record of securing Wednesday's "highest finish for six years, along with a record number of clean sheets".

In the short space of time since Gray was sacked, Sheffield Wednesday style of play has completely changed. Where clean sheets were once the holy grail of Gray's custodianship, the concentration under Carvalhal is possession, pressing and passing.

Gray's tenure at Hillsborough was unifying and solidifying after Dave Jones' apathetic approach. You get the feeling that's also why Fulham have hired him.

We've now taken a step beyond that and it feels gratifying to say we've moved on and for the better.

I wish Gray good luck in his new role - just don't shore up that Fulham defence until after the first week in January Stuart!

Read more: http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/sheffield-wednesday/laura-jones-column-bank-on-gray-to-plug-cottagers-leaks-1-7616930#ixzz3tzntyV41