watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stuart Gray after match comments

Started by Lighthouse, December 19, 2015, 08:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Stuart Gray described Saturday's draw at Bolton Wanderers as two points dropped as he watched Fulham squander a hatful of chances.

After Luke Garbutt had put the Whites in front, Alexander Kačaniklić hit the bar and Moussa Dembélé missed the target when through on goal as Fulham tried to put the game to bed.

After the restart Kačaniklić was denied by Trotters goalkeeper Ben Amos when in one-on-one, with Bolton then going and scoring twice through Zach Clough.

A brilliant free-kick from Ross McCormack late on earned his side a point, although he later rattled the woodwork in stoppage time, but Gray was left bemused at how his team only scored twice.

"I'm sat here and can't believe we've only got one point from the game," our Senior Coach said. "To go only 1-0 up at half-time, I said to the players that we hadn't been clinical enough, we need to be more ruthless.

"And it was same again second half – we had a great opportunity to make it 2-0, and suddenly it bites you and they get back in the game. Then when they go 2-1 up you're wondering if it's just one of those days, and then we're relying on Ross McCormack again to hit a worldie.

"With the amount of chances we created, I should be talking to you about three points and a good away win at Bolton today.

"I don't think I've been in a game where there's been so many one-on-ones with the goalkeeper. We've missed the target and we've hit the woodwork twice, but I've been in the game long enough to know that you need to convert your chances.

"At times we moved the ball very well and caused Bolton problems, but you know they're going to have a 10 minute period in the game, and that 10 minute period is when they got their noses in front because of us not being ruthless enough in front of goal."

He continued: "We're coming up to the festive period where we want to get points in threes. We've put an excellent display in today, we've created a number of chances, but it's two points thrown away today.

"But heads could have dropped and we could easily have lost the game, so credit to the players, they stuck at it. Even at the death we've had a couple of chances to win the game."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope