https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do people REALLY think that Mr Khan

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, December 27, 2015, 12:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Quote from: love4ffc on December 27, 2015, 12:56:23 AM
Quote from: WayneKerrins on December 27, 2015, 12:25:14 AM
Get back on the bourbon for all our sakes mate.
Take it easy loveffc just coz your a mod it's hardly disrespectful just everyday backchat. After all we're probably all adults .

There is no reason for a response like this please.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 
Let's be a little more respectful in our responses please. 

1975 just leaving home full of hope

MJG

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 27, 2015, 10:23:18 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 27, 2015, 09:43:15 AM
They do Roger they really do think it.

MJG - you appear to be much more in the know than our average fan, certainly more than me when it comes to all things Fulham related. You make comments like these which appear to support the club & what they're doing.

Personally I can't see any benefit in what the board are doing or have done in recent times, I think Khan has been an absolute nightmare for us.

Are you aware of anything positive going on behind the scenes? I'm not necessarily talking about the riverside development but anything relating to the footballing side of things.

I'm supporting Rogers general point that this is mismanagement and not a grand plan to destroy the club.
I really have come round to the view its a series of mistakes that have led us here and not a desire to run the club down. There is plenty of actual evidence that backs up things with regards Khan putting money in and plans for stadium and training ground, but that's not to say there is a blank cheque and their isn't.
I've never meet Khan and unlikely to do so, butbhes clearly someone who gives staff their head and they live or die on those decisions. I don't for one second he employed Rigg either to get him to run the football side badly, or he knew Rigg would be a disaster and part of his eveil scheme to kill Fulham.

Nero

I'm sorry but yes Mr Khan is sat on his arse doing nothing, he either is not letting the funds be released to get the man they want, or his putting up with Riggs incompetence in finding one. We were told the Khan lets his people get on with the job and will hold them accountable so far the only person that seems to be held accountable is poor old Kit, who many knew wasn't up to it but kept on by Rigg in the summer. So Rigg has screwed up in the summer screwed up in the winter and after 7 weeks that has cover nearly 20% of the games in the league this season we dont have a manager and don't seem any closer to getting one. We had rumours its was going to be Jovanovic and if not him Mowbray was definitely lined up but still we drag our feet.

Yes Khan has sat on his arse he has done nothing to speed up this process from what we can see, MAF may have run the club down with his lack of investment but Khan lack of interest seems to be killing the club more.

Rant over

colinwhite

Roger , this is a very good post .I dont believe in the conspiracy theory and agree that Khan is at worst guilty of having too much on his plate, and too little knowledge of the game.
With the aid of knowledge after the fact , Khans biggest mistakes where actually 2 things that were not acted upon ,rather than pro-active decisions made . Clearly Jol should have been shown the door much sooner, and Kit not given the nod after the summer. These are the 2 biggest mistakes the club has made in recent seasons in my view.
The jury ,despite everything is still out on Rigg , but I agree he has not done a great job, first and foremost by not getting in the right balance of players of  during the summer ,despite greatly improving the quality of some of  the attacking players.
Which brings me to the point that I simply cannot buy the idea that its all down to lack of good management that we have been inconsistent on the pitch.We dont have the team that can both attack and defend,unfortunately.
This point in particular is something alot of conspiracy theorists need to think about. Seems to me alot of people who are blaming Khan are also  saying everything would be alright with the team if we only had the right trainer.
None of us know why curbishly was not considered to take over team affairs for more than a few days . Perhaps he was critical of the squad and its very obvious shortcomings . I dont think that would have gone down too well with Rigg ........

nose

i absolutely do not think mr khan wants anything but the best for fulham
however the mistakes made have not been corrected and we seem to be sleep walking to a terrible future.

Mr khan wants what is best, i have no doubt but the road to hell is paved with good intention. that is what we are experiencing.

Whitesideup

We blame people for mistakes but perhaps there is a big element of luck involved as well. Al-Fayed appointed both Sanchez and Hodgson. At the time he probably thought both were good appointments (and I have been reminded despite his failings Sanchez did bring in some good players, Hughes, Kamara, and Baird (why did we ever let Baird go?)). One turned into disaster and the other into a huge success. No element of luck in the appointment of Hodgson? How many people thought "fantastic appointment", bettter than Keegan or Tigana on the day the announcement was made?

The inexcusable error was Magath. His reputation was awful. Of the teams he "saved", all fired him not long afterwards. No club in Germany apart from maybe Hamburg would consider appointing him .. hence the fact he hadn't been working. His relations with players were staggeringly bad. These were known facts and the mistake was Ali Mac's. Khan's mistake was to trust Ali Mac's judgement ...I don't think he has repeated that error.

I don't know why Khan bought an English football club, but I don't think he bought it to fail.  Clearly there are things that need to be done differently and first of all, we need a capable and effective manager. But I guess he knows that, but the search is proving problematic. This does raise the question of why sack the incumbent if there is no clear plan for succession ...unless this went pear-shaped, in which case the competency of the person in charge of "plan B" has to be questioned. Anyway, let's hope that "plan E" works.   

Patrick

I think nobody above has referred to the REAL reason why  Khan bought OUR CLUB.

In a nutshell it was to gain an 'Entree' and an advantage over others in achieving/securing the extremely valuable London NFL franchise for his Jaguars outfit....ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER REASON.

However the FFC element/involvement in this endeavour/ruse is looking like it was misplaced and Mr. Khan will most likely be selling his interest in due course.....and making an equity investment in Spurs to further facilitate his NFL objective.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/nfl-tell-council-bosses-their-white-hart-lane-plan-will-turn-tottenham-into-london-hotspot-a3117196.html

CincyFulham

Quote from: Patrick on December 27, 2015, 01:45:18 PM

In a nutshell it was to gain an 'Entree' and an advantage over others in achieving/securing the extremely valuable London NFL franchise for his Jaguars outfit....ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER REASON.

However the FFC element/involvement in this endeavour/ruse is looking like it was misplaced and Mr. Khan will most likely be selling his interest in due course.....and making an equity investment in Spurs to further facilitate his NFL objective.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/nfl-tell-council-bosses-their-white-hart-lane-plan-will-turn-tottenham-into-london-hotspot-a3117196.html

Wow, do you just make this stuff up as you type, or do you sit down and work out before hand?  There is no way the Jags will move to London. Khan has spent to much money on the Jags stadium to just walk and the NFL would have to approve a move and they won't.  The link you posted doesn't even support you argument, it just talks about the Spurs new stadium would be better than Wembley for HOSTING..see that word HOSTING, you should probably look it up, NFL games.  No mention of a team moving or even a new franchise in London.  So please enlighten me more about how you've come up with this theory, and any links you use should probably should support your argument.  Don't just post something and hope nobody reads it.

Patrick

Quote from: CincyFulham on December 27, 2015, 02:13:38 PM

Wow, do you just make this stuff up as you type, or do you sit down and work out before hand?  There is no way the Jags will move to London. Khan has spent to much money on the Jags stadium to just walk and the NFL would have to approve a move and they won't.  The link you posted doesn't even support you argument, it just talks about the Spurs new stadium would be better than Wembley for HOSTING..see that word HOSTING, you should probably look it up, NFL games.  No mention of a team moving or even a new franchise in London.  So please enlighten me more about how you've come up with this theory, and any links you use should probably should support your argument.  Don't just post something and hope nobody reads it.

http://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12040/9777508/nfl-on-track-for-full-time-franchise-in-london-by-2022

SG

Quote from: MJG on December 27, 2015, 10:34:25 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 27, 2015, 10:23:18 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 27, 2015, 09:43:15 AM
They do Roger they really do think it.

MJG - you appear to be much more in the know than our average fan, certainly more than me when it comes to all things Fulham related. You make comments like these which appear to support the club & what they're doing.

Personally I can't see any benefit in what the board are doing or have done in recent times, I think Khan has been an absolute nightmare for us.

Are you aware of anything positive going on behind the scenes? I'm not necessarily talking about the riverside development but anything relating to the footballing side of things.

I'm supporting Rogers general point that this is mismanagement and not a grand plan to destroy the club.
I really have come round to the view its a series of mistakes that have led us here and not a desire to run the club down. There is plenty of actual evidence that backs up things with regards Khan putting money in and plans for stadium and training ground, but that's not to say there is a blank cheque and their isn't.
I've never meet Khan and unlikely to do so, butbhes clearly someone who gives staff their head and they live or die on those decisions. I don't for one second he employed Rigg either to get him to run the football side badly, or he knew Rigg would be a disaster and part of his eveil scheme to kill Fulham.

Unfortunately Mike they are not dieing by their decisions. If they were the two main people running this club into the ground would have been sacked

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think nobody above has referred to the REAL reason why  Khan bought OUR CLUB.

Don't you think John Henry, Stan Kroenke or even the Glazers might have first dibs on that  ?

Boston Red Sox would be a far better franchise in London, as would Boston Red Sox Reserves
or whatever they could be called (maybe Cambridge Red Sox)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Patrick

Quote from: Patrick on December 27, 2015, 02:26:33 PM

http://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12040/9777508/nfl-on-track-for-full-time-franchise-in-london-by-2022

https://www.rt.com/sport/320003-nfl-england-london-jaguars/

SG

I would like to believe there is no conspiracy but as long as the decline of the club continues unabated throughout the duration of Khan' stewardship, then my years of business experience and cynicism and realism takes over.
His Chairmanship has been an unmitigated disaster, surely we can all agree on that

Patrick

Quote from: Patrick on December 27, 2015, 02:35:27 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/americanfootball/11906756/Osborne-wants-to-bring-an-NFL-team-to-London.html

Mighty Maik

I think he may be in his office thinking:"It wasn't supposed to be like this. I was was supposed to be another NFL owner with a Premiere League team. I'm as good as Kronke, the Glazers, Randy Lerner, Ellis Short...What happened? I'm here to innovate. I'm here to do what it takes..."

It's everything down stream of that thought that makes me cross. He owns something a lot of people care about. He needs to respect that. He needs to be as committed to the club as you are Roger, as Wooly Mammouth is, as MJG, HatterDon and Ray Smith...as everyone who has posted to share their concern. We are right to be concerned and to express it. Let's hope he surprises us with good news in the New Year.

Patrick

Quote from: Patrick on December 27, 2015, 02:38:48 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/americanfootball/11906756/Osborne-wants-to-bring-an-NFL-team-to-London.html

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000547487/article/london-team-by-2022-nfl-continues-to-forge-forward-in-uk

YankeeJim

Jokanović out!

Just getting ready for when the rabid dogs tire of Khan and go after the new lad.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 27, 2015, 04:59:26 PM
Jokanović out!

Just getting ready for when the rabid dogs tire of Khan and go after the new lad.

I'm thinking way ahead of that, maybe 7 years when we have lost 3 games in a row
to drop to 3rd in the PS with only 4 games left.

Guardiola OUT !

Darn, this coffee is strong.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

CincyFulham

Quote from: Patrick on December 27, 2015, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: Patrick on December 27, 2015, 02:38:48 PM
I think nobody above has referred to the REAL reason why  Khan bought OUR CLUB.

Wow, do you just make this stuff up as you type, or do you sit down and work out before hand?  There is no way the Jags will move to London. Khan has spent to much money on the Jags stadium to just walk and the NFL would have to approve a move and they won't.  The link you posted doesn't even support you argument, it just talks about the Spurs new stadium would be better than Wembley for HOSTING..see that word HOSTING, you should probably look it up, NFL games.  No mention of a team moving or even a new franchise in London.  So please enlighten me more about how you've come up with this theory, and any links you use should probably should support your argument.  Don't just post something and hope nobody reads it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000547487/article/london-team-by-2022-nfl-continues-to-forge-forward-in-uk

I stand corrected, so I guess there will be a NFL team moving to London.  I was unaware that the city of Jacksonville and the Jags where having problems, so I went to the Jags website to see if I could find anything and found thishttp://s180.photobucket.com/user/cincyson/media/CXPfkDFWkAAkvA9.jpg.html it's titled Cutest Jags fan in the UK! Violet wearing the No5 jersey... so maybe you're onto something

Patrick

Roll on 2017 when all this NFL business will be resolved one way or another...