https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do people REALLY think that Mr Khan

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, December 27, 2015, 12:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: CincyFulham on December 27, 2015, 02:13:38 PM
Quote from: Patrick on December 27, 2015, 01:45:18 PM
I think nobody above has referred to the REAL reason why  Khan bought OUR CLUB.

In a nutshell it was to gain an 'Entree' and an advantage over others in achieving/securing the extremely valuable London NFL franchise for his Jaguars outfit....ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER REASON.

However the FFC element/involvement in this endeavour/ruse is looking like it was misplaced and Mr. Khan will most likely be selling his interest in due course.....and making an equity investment in Spurs to further facilitate his NFL objective.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/nfl-tell-council-bosses-their-white-hart-lane-plan-will-turn-tottenham-into-london-hotspot-a3117196.html

Wow, do you just make this stuff up as you type, or do you sit down and work out before hand?  There is no way the Jags will move to London. Khan has spent to much money on the Jags stadium to just walk and the NFL would have to approve a move and they won't.  The link you posted doesn't even support you argument, it just talks about the Spurs new stadium would be better than Wembley for HOSTING..see that word HOSTING, you should probably look it up, NFL games.  No mention of a team moving or even a new franchise in London.  So please enlighten me more about how you've come up with this theory, and any links you use should probably should support your argument.  Don't just post something and hope nobody reads it.

If I had to make a call, I'd call what he said totally made up. Clearly, he has no understanding of travel demands, jet lag and the physical stress of playing pointy ball. A team based in London, flying to the west coast for a match and than flying back for the next Sunday would be so jet lagged they'd never be fit to play. Ah...wait a minute. We manage that traveling a few KM to Hull or Derby.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

GrahamG

Khan has been a disaster for this club. I have no idea what he's sitting around thinking about but I'm convinced he doesn't have a clue what needs to be done. Every decision so far has been wrong or too late.

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 27, 2015, 09:02:08 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham on December 27, 2015, 02:13:38 PM
Quote from: Patrick on December 27, 2015, 01:45:18 PM
I think nobody above has referred to the REAL reason why  Khan bought OUR CLUB.

In a nutshell it was to gain an 'Entree' and an advantage over others in achieving/securing the extremely valuable London NFL franchise for his Jaguars outfit....ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER REASON.

However the FFC element/involvement in this endeavour/ruse is looking like it was misplaced and Mr. Khan will most likely be selling his interest in due course.....and making an equity investment in Spurs to further facilitate his NFL objective.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/nfl-tell-council-bosses-their-white-hart-lane-plan-will-turn-tottenham-into-london-hotspot-a3117196.html

Wow, do you just make this stuff up as you type, or do you sit down and work out before hand?  There is no way the Jags will move to London. Khan has spent to much money on the Jags stadium to just walk and the NFL would have to approve a move and they won't.  The link you posted doesn't even support you argument, it just talks about the Spurs new stadium would be better than Wembley for HOSTING..see that word HOSTING, you should probably look it up, NFL games.  No mention of a team moving or even a new franchise in London.  So please enlighten me more about how you've come up with this theory, and any links you use should probably should support your argument.  Don't just post something and hope nobody reads it.

If I had to make a call, I'd call what he said totally made up. Clearly, he has no understanding of travel demands, jet lag and the physical stress of playing pointy ball. A team based in London, flying to the west coast for a match and than flying back for the next Sunday would be so jet lagged they'd never be fit to play. Ah...wait a minute. We manage that traveling a few KM to Hull or Derby.

Not to mention that the NFL's way of doing business would contravene several EC laws, but hey, it's so easy to post the most astoundingly incorrect information on here and call everyone who calls you out delusional.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

Ok just for fun (not to spite YankeeJim, HatterDon & others) I will play devil's advocate.  

Could Khan own an NFL franchise in the UK one day? Could there be a London Jaguars?  Who knows and I for one don't really care.  

Had a relative who worked not so long ago for the NFL.  Not a team but the actual NFL headquarters in New York City.  The NFL is always looking for ways to continue their growth and keep the league fresh.  That includes always looking for new markets to expand into.  

Here is how I see the NFL expanding not only into England but other Euro countries.    

First NFL team is launched in London and is known as the London Crusaders.  After the team proves to be profitable, even though the jet lag and other coordination nightmares make it very difficult, more teams pop up in Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham.  Once well established in England the NFL expands into Germany starting out in Berlin.  Berlin being the obvious choice as Americans have already had, have, a huge influence with American pointy football in the past there.  

Now that teams are extablished in England and Germany, the Euro side of the NFL is turned into a new conference called the EFC (European Football Conference).  Over time as the EFC grows and expands into more conferences leading to the very first Eurobowl.  From their the winner of the Superbowl and the Eurobowl play in the very first Worldbowl making it a truly world game.

Now I remained you that this will take time and will not happen overnight.  I would predict that by the time this comes to be that the travel time between the States and London will be cut down to just over 30 minutes.  The entire world at that point will also be on the same currency system of credits and cold hard cash will be a thing of the past.  

There you have it.  I was the first to predict it.  Now let the conspiracy theorist chew on that.  

Oh and by the way  
:Happy New Year:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

CincyFulham

I don't know HD,  the NFL seem to be pushing pretty hard for a permanent team in London.  I agree that the logistics would be a nightmare, but if a team did move to London, I would hope they would have taken such thing into account.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

at least they don't get midweek games (regularly)

Fixture list

Home
SEattle
HOme
San Diego
Home
Miami
Home
San Francisco
Home
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Logicalman

There is always going to be some link to the NFL and London where Khan is involved. Whether that lends itself to a full blown permanent 'home' at some location is a very different matter though, as playing one or three exhibition-type matches in the the UK per year is very different from permanency.

Obviously the NFL would like to expand, that's the nature of all sports, though Khan would have been well aware that the Cottage was not going to be a suitable venue for such as base, and never will he get any such planning permission to get it close. His purchase of Fulham was likely to get him a sporting foothold in the UK, much like FSG did so, and perhaps in an effort to usurp them, much in the way he appears to have done in getting the Jaguars franchise linked to London, which I believe is currently considered NFL's only home-away-from-home.

Nobody outside his organization can definitely say what Khans long-term objectives are towards Fulham, outside of what he claims they are, much in the same way we could not have done so with MaF, but I cannot see any businessman looking to spend money on a football team without at least expecting some level of roi, and as turning the Cottage into rubble and rebuilding housing on the site has been done to death as a no-go long before Khan spent his dosh, I still can see no other reason for the purchase than his hopes to make this a successful business venture as we all hope as well.

As to whether he hurts or not, yep, his wallet does, even just a little, but there is a different hurt involved when it comes to the fans, something that money cannot attain, and that is the personal and emotional hurt that we all feel when our beloved club is doing badly, and that hurt is more real than any fiscal hurt, and rarely goes away or is forgotten with the next success.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.