more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do people REALLY think that Mr Khan

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, December 27, 2015, 12:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

............is sat in his office thinking,

"Great another defeat, only 3 points from relegation.
Let's hope we lose against Rotherham we'll be even closer to the drop, which is what I've been planning all the time.
I really want to see my investment thrown down the drain, but like Donald Trump I've got loads of money to throw around.
Its just as well I don't care about the club, it's history and those stupid things call 'fans'
I also don't care about my integrity and credibility.
Now that I have got that marine permit and people haven't seen through my plan to build a mini marina where the
pitch is now and rent out 6 spaces for $500 per month to people who can't afford bigger boats (like mine)  because
they can't get them this far up the river, poor bas****s. If they lived in Millwall they could park their rowing boats.
They also think that I don't know about football and this is just a toy.
Used car bumpers is another one of my side jobs and I couldn't tell a Chevrolet from a Thunderbird.
The conspiracy theorists think I'm stupid and would build an NFL franchise in that tiny space beside the river when if
I was going to do that NFL thing in London there are far better options that would be cheaper, more accessible and
far more supporter friendly just outside the city.
There are lots of grants available.
They think I'm penny pinching and can't fiscally compare the price of lost rugby balls kicked into the Thames against the price
of Ross McCormack.

I don't think so.
I think the man has honest intentions and is hurting at the moment.
Maybe wondering which way to turn
I honestly believe he has 'followed his heart' perhaps more than his head, trying to appease us lot with Kit etc.
The decisions he has made have been taken on the advice of "professionals" who don't know anything about car parts.
Again he took advice from professionals who suggested professionals.
Personally I don't think his decisions have been that bad, they just didn't turn out that good (if you know what I mean)
eg: appointing Magath was not a mistake, he appeared to have all of the credentials, experience and ability
to get us out of that hole, he'd done it several times before.
None of us really know what goes on, but the biggest 'mistakes' to me have been...
Hiring Rigg (But again a good appointment on the surface) and a hard man, which is what was needed.
Ali Mac to me is an anomaly and I just don't know where to start.

If Stuart Gray is appointed, which I very much doubt, that will be a betrayal of what Mr Khan would want, but I suspect
that he has taken back the reigns and wouldn't let that happen after the last 3 results.

Football appointments are littered with mistakes,
eg Van Gaal at the moment
Was re-hiring 'The Not-So-Special-One' a mistake
Ferguson hand picked Popeye

I'll leave you with this thought, which my old used to nag me about
"Learn to kick with both feet, if you can do that you can score twice as many goals"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

WayneKerrins

Get back on the bourbon for all our sakes mate.

Lighthouse

On the other hand is Billionaire Mr Khan sitting in his office. Playing with his executive toy and watching the decline of the team under his stewardship. Then thinking, gosh I seem to have an awful lot of people I am paying who seem to be totally inadequate at their job. Never mind I am sure from a struggling Prem Side to a struggling Championship side again. With all the investment I have put in. It is bound to come right in the end. As long as we keep losing and sacking managers and then going for replacements we can't afford. Or don't want to afford. Everything will come right.

If so then I don't care how much it hurts him. It is hurting the fans more.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

love4ffc

Quote from: WayneKerrins on December 27, 2015, 12:25:14 AM

There is no reason for a response like this please.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 
Let's be a little more respectful in our responses please. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

alexmur

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on December 27, 2015, 12:12:47 AM
............is sat in his office thinking,

"Great another defeat, only 3 points from relegation.
Let's hope we lose against Rotherham we'll be even closer to the drop, which is what I've been planning all the time.
I really want to see my investment thrown down the drain, but like Donald Trump I've got loads of money to throw around.
Its just as well I don't care about the club, it's history and those stupid things call 'fans'
I also don't care about my integrity and credibility.
Now that I have got that marine permit and people haven't seen through my plan to build a mini marina where the
pitch is now and rent out 6 spaces for $500 per month to people who can't afford bigger boats (like mine)  because
they can't get them this far up the river, poor bas****s. If they lived in Millwall they could park their rowing boats.
They also think that I don't know about football and this is just a toy.
Used car bumpers is another one of my side jobs and I couldn't tell a Chevrolet from a Thunderbird.
The conspiracy theorists think I'm stupid and would build an NFL franchise in that tiny space beside the river when if
I was going to do that NFL thing in London there are far better options that would be cheaper, more accessible and
far more supporter friendly just outside the city.
There are lots of grants available.
They think I'm penny pinching and can't fiscally compare the price of lost rugby balls kicked into the Thames against the price
of Ross McCormack.

I don't think so.
I think the man has honest intentions and is hurting at the moment.
Maybe wondering which way to turn
I honestly believe he has 'followed his heart' perhaps more than his head, trying to appease us lot with Kit etc.
The decisions he has made have been taken on the advice of "professionals" who don't know anything about car parts.
Again he took advice from professionals who suggested professionals.
Personally I don't think his decisions have been that bad, they just didn't turn out that good (if you know what I mean)
eg: appointing Magath was not a mistake, he appeared to have all of the credentials, experience and ability
to get us out of that hole, he'd done it several times before.
None of us really know what goes on, but the biggest 'mistakes' to me have been...
Hiring Rigg (But again a good appointment on the surface) and a hard man, which is what was needed.
Ali Mac to me is an anomaly and I just don't know where to start.

If Stuart Gray is appointed, which I very much doubt, that will be a betrayal of what Mr Khan would want, but I suspect
that he has taken back the reigns and wouldn't let that happen after the last 3 results.

Football appointments are littered with mistakes,
eg Van Gaal at the moment
Was re-hiring 'The Not-So-Special-One' a mistake
Ferguson hand picked Popeye

I honestly think anyone who just slags of Mr Khan for want of something to do is talking out of their rectums
I care about our club as much as anyone but It's called free speech  :0)

I'll leave you with this thought, which my old used to nag me about
"Learn to kick with both feet, if you can do that you can score twice as many goals"
totally agree, nobody no matter how successful wants to see one of their investments go bad, as frustrating as it is we need to be patient.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bill taylors apprentice

You lost me when you said "appointing Magath was not a mistake"

Actually I lie, it was well before that.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: WayneKerrins on December 27, 2015, 12:25:14 AM

Haven't drunk whisky for 47 years mate.
But there is a little Franzia in my typing fingers and a lot of what I sincerely believe and it's only 8.00pm here

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 27, 2015, 12:31:08 AM
On the other hand is Billionaire Mr Khan sitting in his office. Playing with his executive toy and watching the decline of the team under his stewardship. Then thinking, gosh I seem to have an awful lot of people I am paying who seem to be totally inadequate at their job. Never mind I am sure from a struggling Prem Side to a struggling Championship side again. With all the investment I have put in. It is bound to come right in the end. As long as we keep losing and sacking managers and then going for replacements we can't afford. Or don't want to afford. Everything will come right.

Do you really believe that  ?

Lighthouse

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on December 27, 2015, 01:07:40 AM

I really believe that the incompetence of him and his staff has hurt me personally and most other fans more than it hurt him. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 27, 2015, 12:57:47 AM
You lost me when you said "appointing Magath was not a mistake"

Actually I lie, it was well before that.

At the time I don't think it was a mistake
He was exactly what we needed at the time and had done it several times and was
highly respected in footie.
OK, it didn't work and there were some dodgy decisions, none of us has ever done that ?
Burn at right back, has anyone thought outside the box before when he was against a left winger who
generally cut inside !

When I saw his training schedule and how he pushed the players I was delighted.
The previous season most people were moaning about how we ran out of steam in every game,
with 15/20 minutes to go.
Of course it all went pear-shaped, but who knows if he had been given another 5/6 games ?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 27, 2015, 01:11:03 AM

I really believe that the incompetence of him and his staff has hurt me personally and most other fans more than it hurt him. 

I agree with you, it hurts me as much as you or anyone, and that is something I'm not sure
he fully appreciates yet.

We are an entirely different entity and have a longgggggggggggggg history, and are not just a 'franchise'
When I listen to GJ every game, I just know how it's going to come out, I think even he knows
when he says
"I'm sure we have a goal in us yet and who knows  what might happen if we get one back"

I think Mr Khan will come good.

RaySmith

I actually think Roger speaks a lot of sense.

Mistakes have been made, like appointing Magath, and  now  sacking Kit, and compounding this error by having no ready replacement - but the decisions probably seemed good at the time.

Magath probably seemed  a reasonable gamble in a desperate situation, with his track record of escaping relegation, as did sacking Kit when he didn't meet a points target for reaching a top six place - well, I'm sure  Khan was advised about these decisions.

But was all know that things haven't worked out. I definitely think that sacking Kit was a major error - we were still in sight of a top six place.

Now we have to keep calm. Khan is our owner, for good or ill - it won't change anytime in the near future. We have to get behind the team - these players are capable of winning games. But we need to fully support  the team and the manager, whoever he is.

I don't think panic and protests at games are the way to go at the moment. Obviously , fans should make their feelings known about what seems chaotic mismanagement in not have a manager ready to replace Kit, and taking so long about  appointing another full time man, but at games we should support the team. I believe together we will turn things  round.

HatterDon

pair shaped, Gracie?

stood by sitting on his hands, Gracie?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Asotosyios

I am with Roger on this one. Surely mistakes have been made, but as someone said many years ago: "Let him who has made no mistakes among you, be the first to throw a stone at Khan". By reading the forum, I get the idea that almost everyone here (including myself) is expert at what they are doing, has never made any mistakes and knows a lot more about football and how to run a football club than anyone else.

I am sad, disappointed, frustrated, angry that it has taken that long and we still haven't got a new manager. However I don't think this has happened because Khan doesn't care or has an "evil" plan to destroy Fulham.

MJG

They do Roger they really do think it.

gezkc

I agree with Roger - I can't believe Khan is sitting there thinking that it doesn't matter how badly we perform or how badly his, or his staff's, decisions have panned out. However, I'm yet to see any evidence that he has any clue as to how to get us out of this mess.
I hope the manager/head coach appointment is made soon so we can end this free fall and start preparing for next season.
I've been very supportive of the club up to now, but the longer this goes on, the more clueless they appear. I really  hope the next decision is the one that gets us back on track.

Fulham76

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 27, 2015, 01:11:03 AM

:plus one:

Carborundum

Roger, I agree with much of what you write.  When hiring people, sometimes candidates present themselves as likely to be effective and then turn out to be ineffectual for whatever reason.  The timing of when to cut one's losses and move on to the next appointment can always be debated - it's the owners privilege to decide.  Our owner hasn't found the right people, but at the time of appointment there seemed a basis for the decision.

Mr Khan surely knows that any attempt to redevelop the ground is going to open up a considerable amount of difficulty and nothing I have seen suggests that he is looking to add that experience to his lifetime CV.

The reason I think things will improve is that over 40 years of following football, I have seen success and financial backing align more often than not.  Disapproval of an owner who, it turns out, has spent more money than allowed, seems misdirected.  There are potential owners he might sell to with far less money and a much stronger understanding of property development in the UK.  I don't want Mr Khan to sell up.  

Football games get won and lost.  What motivates me is the desire for future generations to enjoy the Cottage in the way my son and I do.   A new stadium may look good on paper, but would rip the soul from a club like ours.  Should that ever get threatened, then our current difficulties on the pitch will be placed into perspective.

Fulham76

Quote from: MJG on December 27, 2015, 09:43:15 AM
They do Roger they really do think it.

MJG - you appear to be much more in the know than our average fan, certainly more than me when it comes to all things Fulham related. You make comments like these which appear to support the club & what they're doing.

Personally I can't see any benefit in what the board are doing or have done in recent times, I think Khan has been an absolute nightmare for us.

Are you aware of anything positive going on behind the scenes? I'm not necessarily talking about the riverside development but anything relating to the footballing side of things.

Domino1879

Totally accept that everyone makes mistakes from time to time but if I were to make mistakes consistently in my job I doubt I would last long.
Let's remember that much of this debacle was brought on by Khan himself.  I have commented before that he replaced the entire Board (xpt AM!) with people who know zip about football.
If I were a billionaire interested in buying a NFL franchise would I seriously appoint an English football manager and various English analysts and my son to run things?
Khan failed to get sound advice when he bought the club and continues in that vein.  He is most certainly not a hands on owner and relies on others, but he is surely not stupid. 
Most on this forum have sounded alarm since the day he took over.  He is not right for Fulham and I doubt he ever will be.