more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mike Rigg on Christmas Eve

Started by Shr1718, December 27, 2015, 02:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shr1718

Christmas Eve, Walton on Thames....
There I was enjoying a few free beers after finishing work for Christmas.
Jesus Christ... NO it's Mike Rigg with wife having a well deserved rest!!!

I couldn't resist, so I went over to him to politely ask a few questions. I had literally only just mentioned I was a Fulham supporter and he was straight away into defence mode (unlike the 1st team) - " I'd like to apologise immediately for the length of time it's taken"
Hold on Mike, relax... I could have gone over to say "Hi are you ready to order?" Programmed politician is the best way I can describe this guy that is effectively running this shambles.

Claims that he was fully aware 10 months ago that FFC were going to get hit with the transfer embargo. It wasn't until later I found out that Mcintosh had denied this to FFC supporters.
He told me we are (this close) to naming the new head coach and this would would be announced after Boxing Day....I later thought, after Boxing Day may not necessary be the 27th. It could be Feb!!!
He also stated that the "Manager" always has the last say in any players in or out. The manager will ask for a midfielder so he'll (Rigg) will sit down with a panel, identify the player and if the Manager agrees- they sign.
He consistently told me how hard he's been working tirelessly in recruiting this Head Coach. At this point his wife said  " I can vouch for that"  - he said that he could have filled the vacancy 20 times over but was searching for the best man. I said to him the lack of communication to supporters was inexcusable. 1 interview in 7 weeks about the recruiting of the infamous best guy was totally unacceptable. I said even if he'd had bull sh@ted us anything is better than silence. Nothing means we will assume and make our own assumptions. We deserve an explanation "We've had a few set backs, please be patient etc etc" nothing is pathetic and unprofessional. What's our Communication officer Sarah doing...all part of the shambles.
Make what you like of this. Personally, I'd trust him as far as I could throw him. Look at his track record. Very poor. QPR financial ruin and relegation.
Remember, announcement after Boxing Day! 99.9% deal done !!
I should have told him "Don't bull sh@t a Bull sh@tter"
Let's hope the new guy has a magic wand.
Happy NY

Berserker

Thanks for sharing although don't think you should have bothered him when he was with his family.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

cmg

So, you interrupt this bloke's family Christmas Eve.
He doesn't tell you to sling your hook.
He doesn't give you a few brief words and go back to his wife's company.
No. he spends time giving you a full (if, maybe, formulaic) response.
And you decide to come on here and give him a hard time.
If you were not prepared to put any credence on what he had to say, why waste his time in the first place?

I'd say the whole episode says at least as much about you as about him. We can draw our own conclusions as to what that might amount to.

Sgt Fulham

Just goes to show that the guy is only human. After reading this my first thought was 'poor guy!'. Sure, he may not be doing what we perceive to be the greatest job, but I highly doubt he shows up to work grinning and scheming how to ruin our club - I'm sure he's trying to do his best with the job he was hired to do.

Yes, he DOES have a lot to answer for, but not when he's out for a special meal with his wife!

Apprentice to the Maestro

I am not defending Rigg's performance in recruiting the new Head Coach but:

- he seemed to answer your questions on Christmas Eve when you interrupted him at dinner with his wife
 - he apologised for the length of time that it has taken
 - he tells you that he knew about the embargo 10 months ago
 - he tells you that we are close to signing the new Head Coach
 - he tells you that the manager/Head Coach has the last say on players in or out

That seems pretty open and the answers are in line with what an objective person would expect, more in the case of the information about the embargo.

Let's hope that we get his best man, get back on track and the team starts performing to its capability.

Texas White

Your lucky it wasent one of us you approached on Christmas eve. I know I wouldnt have been so respectful if I was having dinner with my wife.
Not saying I agree with anything at the club, but mugging off Rigg wont help.

:wow:

H4usuallysitting

Did he buy you a snifter?.........I'm glad you managed to speak to him and convey your message, just a shame the club couldn't of updated us with even a message of apology or something, just to keep us feeling part of the club.....doesn't have to be a full on speech, just some words to get us through this awful time

Fulham76

If true, it would have been a nice touch for him or another senior board member to say the same thing on the website to reassure fans. Didn't give anything away but said the things a lot of us wanted to hear. Simple communication - something the club seriously lack.

fulhamben

Well the 99.9 percent deal done goes along with what I was told so maybe some truth in it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alexmur

Quote from: Shr1718 on December 27, 2015, 02:10:49 PM
Christmas Eve, Walton on Thames....
There I was enjoying a few free beers after finishing work for Christmas.
Jesus Christ... NO it's Mike Rigg with wife having a well deserved rest!!!

I couldn't resist, so I went over to him to politely ask a few questions. I had literally only just mentioned I was a Fulham supporter and he was straight away into defence mode (unlike the 1st team) - " I'd like to apologise immediately for the length of time it's taken"
Hold on Mike, relax... I could have gone over to say "Hi are you ready to order?" Programmed politician is the best way I can describe this guy that is effectively running this shambles.

Claims that he was fully aware 10 months ago that FFC were going to get hit with the transfer embargo. It wasn't until later I found out that Mcintosh had denied this to FFC supporters.
He told me we are (this close) to naming the new head coach and this would would be announced after Boxing Day....I later thought, after Boxing Day may not necessary be the 27th. It could be Feb!!!
He also stated that the "Manager" always has the last say in any players in or out. The manager will ask for a midfielder so he'll (Rigg) will sit down with a panel, identify the player and if the Manager agrees- they sign.
He consistently told me how hard he's been working tirelessly in recruiting this Head Coach. At this point his wife said  " I can vouch for that"  - he said that he could have filled the vacancy 20 times over but was searching for the best man. I said to him the lack of communication to supporters was inexcusable. 1 interview in 7 weeks about the recruiting of the infamous best guy was totally unacceptable. I said even if he'd had bull sh@ted us anything is better than silence. Nothing means we will assume and make our own assumptions. We deserve an explanation "We've had a few set backs, please be patient etc etc" nothing is pathetic and unprofessional. What's our Communication officer Sarah doing...all part of the shambles.
Make what you like of this. Personally, I'd trust him as far as I could throw him. Look at his track record. Very poor. QPR financial ruin and relegation.
Remember, announcement after Boxing Day! 99.9% deal done !!
I should have told him "Don't bull sh@t a Bull sh@tter"
Let's hope the new guy has a magic wand.
Happy NY
I dont think I'd be as polite if you bothered me on Christmas eve about work, and I don't think my wife would be either.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 27, 2015, 03:20:32 PM
Well the 99.9 percent deal done goes along with what I was told so maybe some truth in it

I wouldn't believe a word he says or is purported to have said.
Personally think he deserves all the abuse he gets, Christmas Eve or not, out with his wife or not

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

west kowloon white

...and from a couple of the responses it seems the" slaggers" are jus t the type of person I imagined.

@jolslover

I think Mike Rigg seems a nice bloke. Always polite when ive spoken to him either by email or at a 21s game. Whether hes good at his job is another matter but definitely doesnt deserve personal abuse
STH H3

Riversider

A lot of people on here seem to be missing the moral of this post, "communicate with the fans on a regular basis through the Club's website, through Twitter and through Facebook and if you did there wouldn't be a need for a supporter to trouble you on Christmas Eve, would there !
And I'll ask again, what exactly does our communication manager do for 35 hours a week ? She is beyond useless.

YankeeJim

Quote from: @jolslover on December 27, 2015, 04:27:49 PM
I think Mike Rigg seems a nice bloke. Always polite when ive spoken to him either by email or at a 21s game. Whether hes good at his job is another matter but definitely doesnt deserve personal abuse

Right. We should save the abuse for Khan who was an absolute gentleman when I met him. He took his time with fans and answered the same questions over and over with patience. Yep, save the abuse for him.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 27, 2015, 05:05:16 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 27, 2015, 04:27:49 PM

Right. We should save the abuse for Khan who was an absolute gentleman when I met him. He took his time with fans and answered the same questions over and over with patience. Yep, save the abuse for him.

Did jolsover say that? Or are you stirring again? 086.gif

Quote from: Riversider on December 27, 2015, 04:56:32 PM
A lot of people on here seem to be missing the moral of this post, "communicate with the fans on a regular basis through the Club's website, through Twitter and through Facebook and if you did there wouldn't be a need for a supporter to trouble you on Christmas Eve, would there !
And I'll ask again, what exactly does our communication manager do for 35 hours a week ? She is beyond useless.

Apart from the FFP/embargo leak what did Rigg say that we didn't know?

The club seem to say what can be said, albeit once, like we are searching for a new Head Coach but the complainers just ignore it, don't believe it or seem to want it to be repeated daily in slightly different words.

Rigg has now said that the manager/Head Coach has the final say on the buying or selling of players. Lots of people have not believed that. Will they now?

nose

they are all probably lovely people, polite, good to their mums and kind to stray dogs.

that does not stop them being incompetent.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me