News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Mesut Ozil play for Werder Bremen on Saturday..?

Started by LBNo11, August 05, 2010, 11:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...I think that if he was announced as a certain starter it would sway the number of fans that attend Saturday, certainly one of the (few) revelations in the World Cup...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

haynesfan

According to the Werder Bremen website

"The returning World Cup participants got to work with their team mates again for the first time on Tuesday, having put in two sessions of jogging since they had returned. Per Mertesacker, Mesut Özil and Tim Wiese will not play a part in the friendly game against the Serbian first division side FK Rad Belgrade, nor will their four suffering team mates Borowski, Pasanen, Naldo and Boenisch. Marko Marin could be the first of the World Cup participants to get a taste of the action on the pitch."

They played FK Rad Belgrade on Tuesday, so hopefully there is a chance they will spend some time on the pitch on saturday.

FC Silver Fox

If he does turn up, perhaps someone can give him a tour around Motspur Park on Friday and see if  he'd like to become a part of the best club in the world.  I think he's good enough.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Equalizer

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on August 06, 2010, 09:29:07 AM
If he does turn up, perhaps someone can give him a tour around Motspur Park on Friday and see if  he'd like to become a part of the best club in the world.  I think he's good enough.

Get him down the Earl Beatty after training and chuck a contract in his face.  :54:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

os5889

Full story: -

http://www.werder.de/english/news/meldung.php/2877/World-Cup-participants-in-team-training

World Cup participants in team training

The highlight of the Green-Whites pre-season preparations is fast approaching. Four days before the friendly game against Fulham, on Tuesday, all of Werder's first team players were finally gathered together at one location. It was not possible for the complete group to train together, but the tension is certainly lifting from the personnel situation. Tim Borowski and Petri Pasanen, who were both forced to rest for several days due to a flu virus, went through a test with fitness coach Yann-Benjamin Kugel on Tuesday morning and then trained with the rest of the team in the afternoon.

Just as on Monday, the exercise bikes were occupied by Sebastian Boenisch, who took a blow to the calf during the game in Hungary, and Naldo, who is still suffering from repetitive pain in his knee.

The returning World Cup participants got to work with their team mates again for the first time on Tuesday, having put in two sessions of jogging since they had returned. Per Mertesacker, Mesut Özil and Tim Wiese will not play a part in the friendly game against the Serbian first division side FK Rad Belgrade, nor will their four suffering team mates Borowski, Pasanen, Naldo and Boenisch. Marko Marin could be the first of the World Cup participants to get a taste of the action on the pitch.

os5889

Isn't it nice to see we are 'the highlight' of someones pre season, I know they'll be eagerly hoping for a nice draw today for the Champions League Play off but stories like this dont hurt when building fans affections! Wish I could go now!

My feeling is if its their last pre season game it should be full strength and Ozil will play! Trochowskis not bad either-pity he seems Johnsoned...