watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So here's a question.....

Started by Domino1879, December 28, 2015, 08:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino1879

Assuming we sell Dembele in Jan and we don't get him loaned back, and given the embargo, should Jok consider bringing Mr Mitroglou back from loan?
After all, if McCormack gets injured, we could well be struggling up front for goals.

grandad

Not sure if there is a recall clause. It may be a season long loan.
Where there's a will there's a wife

leonffc

Quote from: grandad on December 28, 2015, 08:25:59 AM
Not sure if there is a recall clause. It may be a season long loan.

I doubt it. Especially if a fee was involved. Plus I think he's doing well over there so if we drag him back he might sulk and get injured and fat again

dannyboi-ffc

I think it's more likely we will repeat the smalling transfer situation. Sell him in Jan but keep him on loan for the rest of the season.

Obviously fulham fans want to keep him but given the contract situation and attraction from bigger clubs I would say this seems a fair way of keeping all parties happy especially with our embargo.

I've heard we have loans lined up for a couple of players as we've been prepared for this embargo for a while now. I won't say who just yet
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

SG

Do we think that the appointment of such a high profile manager might change Dembele's position

bucksfulham

I'm not sure his profile is that high except in our minds. If Dembele's head has been turned I feel there is little chance of keeping him.

nose

I know he is much loved on the MB and I do not see eye to eye with many of you but the best result for us would be to sell dembele ASAP and get the maximum up front fee possible. I do not see the wonder player you all do, I think we have two other forwards who would bring far more to the team.... it is essential that you a) defend from the front and therefore tha means effort and b) in this dibvision you have to be able to win aerial battles and have the ability to hold up the ball, he cannot do any of that , his first touch is so poor.   

so if we do lose him, i wouldn't worry too much.

filham

Quote from: nose on December 28, 2015, 09:55:37 AM
I know he is much loved on the MB and I do not see eye to eye with many of you but the best result for us would be to sell dembele ASAP and get the maximum up front fee possible. I do not see the wonder player you all do, I think we have two other forwards who would bring far more to the team.... it is essential that you a) defend from the front and therefore tha means effort and b) in this dibvision you have to be able to win aerial battles and have the ability to hold up the ball, he cannot do any of that , his first touch is so poor.   

Agree with you Nose, we need a target man up front and Dembele is no target man. A lot of strikers would look pretty good playing alongside McCormack.

Wearethewhites

We've known about The embargo for a matter of months now, and I also know that Rigg has been actively scouting a number of loanies, of which one is a striker.

Apprentice to the Maestro

As you say, Dembele is not a target man, at least not yet. He is usually smaller and less bulky than the two defenders that he faces alone because McCormack is even less a target man and doesn't even bother jumping for the ball.

Here is a left field idea: stop playing the ball to Dembele as though he were a target man! Play it to him in a way that suits him: on the ground and goal side of the defender so that he is running at the opposition with the ball.

nose

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 28, 2015, 11:25:12 AM

As you say, Dembele is not a target man, at least not yet. He is usually smaller and less bulky than the two defenders that he faces alone because McCormack is even less a target man and doesn't even bother jumping for the ball.

Here is a left field idea: stop playing the ball to Dembele as though he were a target man! Play it to him in a way that suits him: on the ground and goal side of the defender so that he is running at the opposition with the ball.

do you know that echos exactly what i say at the ground, why play to a players weakness, play to his strength.

Regarding Ross. Whilst he tends not to challenge in the air, because of his age and guile, he does attempt to put off the defenders and/or anticipate error, the moose could do worse than learn from him.

NorfolkJim

This is the trouble with professional players - its a job and they want to earn as  much as they can, while they can. They are not in it till death (or relegation) us do part (Fulham till one of us dies). I think Dembele though is being a bit short sighted to want to go a big big club at this stage of his career - most likely he will sit in their reserves. But ultimately a club like ours will get cherry picked all the time - as long as its run as a business and not an obsession

Domino1879

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 28, 2015, 10:48:13 AM
We've known about The embargo for a matter of months now, and I also know that Rigg has been actively scouting a number of loanies, of which one is a striker.

And who might that be?

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 28, 2015, 10:54:40 AM
If Dembele goes it's not the end of the world. If his head has been turned, it's best he goes for everyone's sake, providing we get paid a fee mirroring what he is worth.
But with 6 months on his contract? We will get peanuts, a couple of million at best ....unless there are two or more clubs willing to get into the bidding. Let's hope.

And Nose has a point. As he said in another post, our squad is unbalanced. We are playing two good goalscorers in Dembele and McCormack, but they do the same job and the side misses out on someone who helps more with holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 28, 2015, 08:57:51 AM
I think it's more likely we will repeat the smalling transfer situation. Sell him in Jan but keep him on loan for the rest of the season.

Obviously fulham fans want to keep him but given the contract situation and attraction from bigger clubs I would say this seems a fair way of keeping all parties happy especially with our embargo.

I've heard we have loans lined up for a couple of players as we've been prepared for this embargo for a while now. I won't say who just yet

You're such a tease Danny.
:005:

Imo Mo Dem will go, but that just means Woody can step up to the plate. I've always been a fan of his work rate and don't believe he has had enough chances compared to Dembele.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !