Main Menu

The Official 2016 January Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 01, 2016, 01:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robertw

Quote from: mkras99 on January 01, 2016, 02:27:26 AM
   MFC Transfers (@m86transfers)
12/31/15, 1:16 PM
Fulham face competition from Charlton to sign defender Rhys Williams on loan #cafc #ffc #boro

Download the Twitter app
Quote from: mkras99 on January 01, 2016, 02:27:26 AM
   MFC Transfers (@m86transfers)
12/31/15, 1:16 PM
Fulham face competition from Charlton to sign defender Rhys Williams on loan #cafc #ffc #boro

Download the Twitter app
He's been out injured for 2 years with a twice ruptured achilles tendon plus he's the brother of Fulham flop Ryan Williams so not someone I want to come to us

ffc73

Quote from: Bronaldinho on January 01, 2016, 01:55:43 PM

McCormack is basically captain, on a long-term deal and improved terms recently. Albeit 29, the club realise how valuable he is to any success in this division. Considering the club rejected £10m from Sheffield Wednesday in the summer, it would take upwards of £12m for them to really think about it.

"how valuable he is to any success in this division"

I do not recall Ross being involved in any promotion winning, or even challenges, so if you mean to link his goals = value in us staying in this division and not getting relegated, then I'd agree with you

Bill2

Quote from: 18stepsup on January 01, 2016, 11:41:50 AM
We must sell sell sell we are a selling club and always will be
This is the case with most clubs especially in the Championship. There are only really 2 or 3 in the Prem which are not. But you only have to look at Everton with Stones when they told Chelsea no, so you don't have to sell unless you are desperate for the money.

But I refute we are selling club when it comes to teams in the Championship, even if the player wants to go. None of the clubs have huge funds to pay well over the odds for any player, however, slightly different for Prem teams as the lure of playing in that division will be a lure for any player at any club.

Rhys Lightning 63

I find it weird some people saying things like:

"They are reluctant to sell but may be susceptible to offers while under a transfer embargo."

Surely with the embargo in place, meaning we can't replace our best player, why would we sell?

P.S - I'm going to keep posts on this thread to a minimum, so as to help prevent it breaking my thread record
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Lighthouse

One of the Prem clubs linked to Ross was Bournemouth. They have now signed a 22 year old Roma forward on loan for the season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Both Dembele & Hyndman owe it to the club to sign new contracts. There can be buy out clauses so that we can get realistic fees for them that the club deserve. We have invested a lot of money & time in getting them to where they are. Neither are the finished product & in my opinion would benefit from a longer spell with us. They are both still very young.
Edwin VDS & Louis Saha both did the honourable thing & penned new contracts before they left.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Loz

Regarding Hyndman, not signing a new contract when you're not even getting a seat on the bench under Kit this season makes sense to me. Hasn't he had a couple of starts under Gray though? That might change things a bit.
@LawrenceQuilty

GrahamG

I'm probably in a minority of 1 but.... I wouldn't mind if Ross went. I would rather have started the Sheff Wed game with Woodrow and Smith up front. We are so slow in our build up play and Ross consistently comes far too deep. We either have to find a way of making this work on some sort of consistent basis or go back to the drawing board. We are tedious to watch. I repeat that I realise the vast majority will disagree with me. 

filham

Quote from: grandad on January 02, 2016, 12:11:42 PM
Both Dembele & Hyndman owe it to the club to sign new contracts. There can be buy out clauses so that we can get realistic fees for them that the club deserve. We have invested a lot of money & time in getting them to where they are. Neither are the finished product & in my opinion would benefit from a longer spell with us. They are both still very young.
Edwin VDS & Louis Saha both did the honourable thing & penned new contracts before they left.
I totally agree but you can see the agent saying that a move to a more successful club with a better wage and a cut of the transfer fee is in their best interest.
club

If we can't persuade them to sign then best we get some money in this window than walk for free in the next.

Also in Cairney and Woodrow we have immediate cover for them. Now if Ross was to leave then we have a big problem.

@jolslover

So what positions do people think need strengthening and any realistic shouts??

I think we could do with a CB, Someone like Bartley or Amat who could both realistically be available on loan would suit our possession based style and I think we need a CB whos more competent on the ball

I also think we could do with an LB, Husband seems the obvious choice here
I also think we could use a winger. I think the only decent one we have now is Kacaniklic (Dont rate pringle) Not sure Williams and Cole are ready either. So I think wingers a big priority. Atsu has just had his loan with Bournemouth cancelled and could be available. De Pena hasnt played much for Boro and is another one I think we should look at. And lastly Will Buckley, Who hasnt featured atall at Sunderland this season.
STH H3

Lighthouse

Watford have had an 8 million quid bid for Ross accepted.

In another report he has handed in a transfer request.

All Twitter accounts but oddly what I predicted a long time ago.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

18stepsup

Ross and moussa will both be sold hopefully moussa back on loan

Mince n Tatties

Yes lets get rid of our Star Player that makes great sense...Doh

alexmur

Quote from: GrahamG on January 02, 2016, 09:53:35 PM
I'm probably in a minority of 1 but.... I wouldn't mind if Ross went. I would rather have started the Sheff Wed game with Woodrow and Smith up front. We are so slow in our build up play and Ross consistently comes far too deep. We either have to find a way of making this work on some sort of consistent basis or go back to the drawing board. We are tedious to watch. I repeat that I realise the vast majority will disagree with me. 
I don't disagree with you completely, I fear we rely to much on ross and have built a team around him up to now with little or no plan b.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mike_corkcity12

McCormack does not seem to be a Watford type signing. He is more a Bournemouth level signing. Wouldn't be surprised if the club have to give him yet another new contract.

mike_corkcity12

I'd have no problem selling McCormack. Statistically he is probably at his peak and we can get a high price for him.

HOWEVER

He is too important for us to sell. I also don't trust the club in their recruitment strategy. Don't think we would find a player of his caliber willing to join us.

FPT

If Jokanovic wants to continue with a 433, I would push for a sale of McCormack as I don't think he fits into the system. If a 433 is the future for us, I feel we'd need to invest in building a team better suited to it; like a couple of dangerous wingers, a quality defensive midfielder, a left back that can support attacks.

However, I would be wary of selling a striker (or two with Dembele) capable of scoring 20 in this division and trying to find one that fits for a bit cheaper.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 03, 2016, 12:57:34 AM
Watford have had an 8 million quid bid for Ross accepted.

In another report he has handed in a transfer request.

All Twitter accounts but oddly what I predicted a long time ago.

A bid from Watford would seem strange. Does McCormack have the work ethic to match Watford's?

alexbishop

Quote from: Statto on January 03, 2016, 02:14:13 AM
Would be strange timing, four months after signing a new contract and five days after we finally appoint a decent manager

He didn't sign a new contract. We exercised an option to extend his existing one by a year
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

colinwhite

Agree with Fpt about Ross. Unfortunately i would go even further and say that we have  quite an  incongruous bunch of players ,who restrict the team to the type of system we can play if they are in the starting line up.And to cap it all we cant really put out a starting eleven where every player is best suited to that system( although 352 is probably the closest we get ).
We also have too many players that want more than one touch at every ball contact making us slow predictable and easy to play against.
Our attacking intent yesterday was pitiful . Kaca (who I stated on another thread that i dont rate )was actually our main attacking threat . Which to me ,says it all.