watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2016 January Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 01, 2016, 01:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Happy New Year to all Foffers. The January Transfer window is now officially open, and although FFC faces a transfer embargo, I'm pretty sure the Club will be working hard to bring one or two faces in on loan. Of course, there may also be one or two heading the other way, so however silly the story, please use this thread for all transfer news.

Sgt Fulham

I'd be happy just keeping everyone we've got for now. We MUST keep Ross.

mkras99

MFC Transfers (@m86transfers)
12/31/15, 1:16 PM
Fulham face competition from Charlton to sign defender Rhys Williams on loan #cafc #ffc #boro

Download the Twitter app

westcliff white

I don't think we will sign anyone befor the FA cup natch as surely Joka will want to see what's what with the current squad
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

Quote from: westcliff white on January 01, 2016, 08:15:23 AM
I don't think we will sign anyone befor the FA cup natch as surely Joka will want to see what's what with the current squad

Yes he will probably spend a month looking at them and then we will rush to get someone in on deadline day, probably James Husband

MJG

Don't want to be picky but it doesn't open until midnight tonight... Just saying

filham

Having seen the Rotherham match, looked at stats, and spoken to coaching staff Joka must be aware that the prime problem to be addressed is defending corners and set pieces.
Can't see what can be done if we are powerless to buy in the window unless there is a retired keeper somewhere, capable of commanding his box, and prepared to give us 22 matches.

alexbishop

Quote from: filham on January 01, 2016, 10:20:38 AM
Having seen the Rotherham match, looked at stats, and spoken to coaching staff Joka must be aware that the prime problem to be addressed is defending corners and set pieces.
Can't see what can be done if we are powerless to buy in the window unless there is a retired keeper somewhere, capable of commanding his box, and prepared to give us 22 matches.

There was a time when we had some excellent goalkeeping coaches at the club. Do we know who our current coach is as that is something that needs to be addressed.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

18stepsup

We must sell sell sell we are a selling club and always will be

fulhamben

It's gonna be a crap window imo. Lose more than we gain. Although I'm used to poor windows now. Can't remember the last time we had a good one
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 01, 2016, 12:30:32 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 01, 2016, 12:25:53 PM
It's gonna be a crap window imo. Lose more than we gain. Although I'm used to poor windows now. Can't remember the last time we had a good one

Perhaps we should change the Window Cleaner, a mate of mine is a Master Window Cleaner, and with him there, the club would never have a bad Window.
I wish it were that simple.

filham

If we believe the media gossip it looks as if Ross, Dembele and Hyndman could be prime targets. Let's hope we can see of the wolves at the door.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 01, 2016, 12:30:32 PM

Perhaps we should change the Window Cleaner, a mate of mine is a Master Window Cleaner, and with him there, the club would never have a bad Window.

Friend of mine is in IT

He is good at Windows
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on January 01, 2016, 12:37:37 PM

If we believe the media gossip it looks as if Ross, Dembele and Hyndman could be prime targets. Let's hope we can see of the wolves at the door.
Due to their contract lengths dembele and hyndman have to go. And good riddance, I don't want anyone at my club who is not committed. Let them go and get splinters somewhere else

FPT

Round up of pre-window stories:

Of course, the futures of Dembele and Hyndman are high on the 'to watch' list. Sky Sports say here (http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/10114695/tottenham-and-everton-interested-in-moussa-dembele-according-to-sky-sources) that Tottenham and Everton are interested in Moussa, but we are 'determined' to keep him until the end of the season; Moussa leaving would see us go to a tribunal, if he stays in England, we'll get a tonne of a lot more money than were he to go abroad.

Australian reports suggest that Adam Taggart would rather attempt to fight for his place at Fulham than return to his native country. Scott Miller (formally of Fulham of course) has allegedly contacted Taggart about returning to the Newcastle Jets. http://www.a-league.com.au/article/socceroos-striker-adam-taggart-to-fight-for-spot-at-fulham-fc/1q5ijmrl23ygp1szgqza7ero86

Then there's a potential third return for James Husband, as Stuart Gray confirmed during his tenure that Husband sits high on the Fulham wish list (http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-reveals-middlesbrough-defender-10636833). Since Husband left, Luke Garbutt started the first game at left back before Gray saw Tim Ream more suited to that left back position. I know Jokanovic has now taken the reigns, but I'm sure Mike Rigg has now turned his attention back to the transfer market and what we can do with the transfer embargo; though may be a week or so before we see any movement as Slavisa will work with his squad and see what he needs.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on January 01, 2016, 12:42:15 PM
Quote from: filham on January 01, 2016, 12:37:37 PM

Due to their contract lengths dembele and hyndman have to go. And good riddance, I don't want anyone at my club who is not committed. Let them go and get splinters somewhere else

Have to agree,if they don't want to be here,they can
get on their bikes...

Bronaldinho

There's going to be big talk surrounding McCormack and Dembele - so get used to that no doubt.

McCormack is basically captain, on a long-term deal and improved terms recently. Albeit 29, the club realise how valuable he is to any success in this division. Considering the club rejected £10m from Sheffield Wednesday in the summer, it would take upwards of £12m for them to really think about it.

Dembele is arguably the one that will be the most interesting departure. With 6 months left on his deal, the club will want to sell now to get as much as they possibly can for him. If he isn't sold this month and joins a foreign club in the summer, Fulham would only receive £300,000.

As for loan signings, it's going to be interesting on that front. I can't see as bringing in a lot of people, as there are still tight budgets to work with under the embargo.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

westcliff white

the 300k would be if we had not offered a contract as I understand, and we have so we would get significantly more than 300k as I understand it. I believe this was discussed on one of the podcasts Wayne Veysey joined Mike and Russ with.

I may have mis understood but believe we would only get a reduced amount if he moved abroad having offered a contract that is

Asotosyios

I can't understand why we have to get rid of Hyndman and Dembele in January. As their contracts expire in the summer, we are going to get significant money for them if we decide to sell them now. So, we should keep them until the end of the season if we think they can help and, at the same time, continue to negotiate for new contracts. If they decide to move on, we can get the arbitration fee even if it is a bit lower than what we could get in January.

westcliff white

we don't get significant if they go abroad though, we have offered contracts and will get significant money if they stay at an English club or that's how I understand it.

Even then significant could be less that what we turn down in January