watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best team we've had of players who...

Started by General, January 16, 2016, 07:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Have only spent a maximum year or year and a half at the club...

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Surely that's a pointless question. If they only spent between 12-18 months here it means they were sh......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

dannyboi-ffc

Keller
Riether   Smalling  Heitinga    Bonnissel

karagounis  Diarra   Djetou

A.Clarke Montella  Petric

Just threw Clarke in there because I know he is regarded as one of our best strikers and didn't stay very long. Pretty sure all of those are no more than 2 seasons.  

Looking at it I'm pretty confident someone else will find a much better 11.

Honourable mention to Christenval, Bullard, Claus Jensen and John Collins who were all here 3 seasons but felt like they only played in 1. Down to injury rather than lack of ability.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Dr Know

Dr Know

Pogrebyneck.          Think i spelt it right .

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Dr Know on January 16, 2016, 09:09:24 AM
Pogrebyneck.   Think i spelt it right .

That would be a great shout if the question was best player that only showed up for 3 games. He might as well have only played 3, after that he was non existent.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

RaySmith

Off the top of my head, and not  sure of they're all under  one and a half years at the club, and definitely not the best team -

Tony Warner, Riether, Christanval, Heitinga, John Harley, George Best, Peter Storey, Jackie Henderson,Peter Marinello, Chris Guthrie, Alan Warboys

Sub: Johnny Byrne

Dr Know

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 16, 2016, 09:17:00 AM

That would be a great shout if the question was best player that only showed up for 3 games. He might as well have only played 3, after that he was non existent.
6 goals in 12 games is not bad but agree with you on going missing .

Dr Know

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Dr Know on January 16, 2016, 09:56:06 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 16, 2016, 09:17:00 AM

6 goals in 12 games is not bad but agree with you on going missing .

It was 5 in his first 3 though which is what I was trying to say. The stats look amazing but in reality it was 3 great games and 9 awful ones.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: RaySmith on January 16, 2016, 09:29:20 AM
Off the top of my head, and not  sure of they're all under  one and a half years at the club, and definitely not the best team -

Tony Warner, Riether, Christanval, Heitinga, John Harley, Johnny Byrne, Peter Storey, Peter Marinello, Jackie Henderson, Chris Guthrie, Alan Warboys

Really liked Christenval but believe it or not he was here 3 seasons. Just suffered from injuries pretty much the same as Diarra and Bonnissel. All 3 too good for us but no one else wanted them and we took a risk.  Shame really cos they were all brilliant.

Bullard and Claus Jensen were the same but not as high profile as the other 3

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

JudgeBread

cmg

My suggestion - Peter Beardsley

Marsh, McDonald and Smalling all came up through the junior ranks, so shouldn't really count as 'fleeting heroes'.

Rhys Lightning 63

Riether was here for two years. Summer of 2012-summer 2014
As was Karagounis
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

General

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 16, 2016, 10:16:13 AM
Off the top of my head, and not  sure of they're all under  one and a half years at the club, and definitely not the best team -

Tony Warner, Riether, Christanval, Heitinga, John Harley, Johnny Byrne, Peter Storey, Peter Marinello, Jackie Henderson, Chris Guthrie, Alan Warboys

Really liked Christenval but believe it or not he was here 3 seasons. Just suffered from injuries pretty much the same as Diarra and Bonnissel. All 3 too good for us but no one else wanted them and we took a risk.  Shame really cos they were all brilliant.

Bullard and Claus Jensen were the same but not as high profile as the other 3

Same with you on this Christanval looked like the best cb we've ever had when playing and I include better than hangeland, he had soo much quality.

I would have loved to have seen diarra and christanval be able to reignite their careers here like so many used to do, like murphy etc.

I also wish we had managed to keep dembele for a while longer so he could've played with berbatov

Jims Dentist

Chris Guthrie, wow could he win headers!!
Oops, I can feel a new topic coming on.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Tony Warner, Riether, Christanval, Heitinga, John Harley, George Best, Peter Storey, Peter Marinello, Jackie Henderson, Chris Guthrie, Alan Warboys

Sub: Johnny Byrne

What was it about Warner? I couldn't hate him even tho he was pony. Funny player, one game could be blinding, next he'd be worse than my Nan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

St Eve

Maybank, Marinello, Moore, Jones, Went ?

Dr Know

Quote from: St Eve on January 19, 2016, 01:23:32 AM
Maybank, Marinello, Moore, Jones, Went ?
I remember when Paul Went broke Martyn Busbys leg.      1972 i seem to remember  awful .