watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Towering Intellect on Display on the Boro Board

Started by terryr, February 02, 2016, 11:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

You must not have witnessed some of the ridiculous arguements on this forum. Atleast they are allowed to swear without having to put a penny in the swear jar.

ffcjohnnyf

VIVA EL FULHAM!

Adi-ffc

Priceless.

It's pretty good entertainment frankly, might become a regular.

filham

Quote from: Blanco on February 02, 2016, 11:16:58 AM
You must not have witnessed some of the ridiculous arguements on this forum. Atleast they are allowed to swear without having to put a penny in the swear jar.
Swear jar ?, they would need a couple of pillar boxes at least.

grandad

Their comments come from the film "A bridge too far". That was in a bit of a state as well.
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose

I am not that interested in other teams forums. Like this one they are very personal to the people of that support the team and the style of the board.

I do think that allowing bad language is an error and in bad taste. We can make points with sufficient venom using grown up language, swearing- s really just offensive and lazy.

bobbo

Just took a few minutes out to read their comments. Who are these people chavs is far too nice for them. They'd be better with a really high wall built around them all and keep them and their pond life comments to themselves.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

BigbadBillyMcKinley

They don't like chavs and they live in Middlesbrough.........says the definition of irony in the dictionary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

NewYorkYank

As a Yank, I just learned more about Northwest England in ten minutes than I could watching 10 hours of BBC America.  I guess these are the crazy relatives you don't want us to see. Most entertaining.

Ged

Quote from: NewYorkYank on February 02, 2016, 04:22:20 PM
As a Yank, I just learned more about Northwest England in ten minutes than I could watching 10 hours of BBC America.  I guess these are the crazy relatives you don't want us to see. Most entertaining.
[/quote
Quote from: NewYorkYank on February 02, 2016, 04:22:20 PM
No you didnt its in the North East

NewYorkYank

I know, as I looked at a map immediately before I wrote the comment. I blame fulhamben's thread for throwing off my earding and ytping skills.

Ged

Your little town isnt called New York for nothing you know

love4ffc

As it was explained to me.  Forum sites that allow and like to use profanity and swear at every twist and turn do so because their members think it helps their street cred.  These same members swear because in doing so they think it will validate their point and make it more credible.  In reality they make themselves look like a prat.   

If one can not make a fair and objective argument to express a view or thought without the use of profanity than how can anyone take said person seriously? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Carborundum

There is one gem in that link.  Responding to the suggestion that he should get involved in local politics, one of their message board members replied that he comes on to the message board to argue with clueless people, so doesn't need to get involved with local councillors.

Relayed here to save people being subjected to the other observations.

HatterDon

Quote from: Blanco on February 02, 2016, 11:16:58 AM
You must not have witnessed some of the ridiculous arguements on this forum.

0001.jpeg
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jims Dentist

reading tht

It's more than a bit like reading some of the posters on Cottage Corner.

Horsfield_No9

The thing I take from that link to a Boro forum is how hostile they are to fellow fans. We have a forum here to be proud of with arguments a minimum and no one jumping down your neck using the C word should they disagree. Some of the people on that board seem degenerate.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on February 03, 2016, 11:51:21 AM
The thing I take from that link to a Boro forum is how hostile they are to fellow fans. We have a forum here to be proud of with arguments a minimum and no one jumping down your neck using the C word should they disagree. Some of the people on that board seem degenerate.

It's our equivalent of Cottage Corner. There has to be some where to send the riff-raff. 

terryr

I didn't expect this much reaction......I guess its been a slow couple of days!