watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Favourite Fulham XI

Started by BrightonFFC1, February 03, 2016, 11:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrightonFFC1

So I had this discussion with some fellow fulham fans in Brighton the other night. Who would be your favourite fulham XI made up of not necessarily the best players, but the ones you like the most, whether it be for entertainment value, attitude etc

My XI would be:
Van Der Sar

Moritz Volz
Phillipe Christanval
Aaron Hughes
James Husband

Simon Davies
Danny Murphy
Sylvain Legwinski/Lee Clark/ Mahmadou Diarra
Luis Boa Morte/Damian Duff

Dimitar Berbatov
Louis Saha

What would your XI's be?

HatterDon

I liked that you included Super Simon, Boa, Christanval, Murphy, Hughes, and especially Moritz Volz
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

J.Perkins

Stockdale

Kelly
Senderos
Burn
Kavanagh

Duff
Sidwell
Karagounis
Bouazza

Rodallega
Dembele

All players which really split opinion amongst fans, plus Karagounis who will forever be a great player to watch and a club legend.

gerrys

Macedo
Cohen; Hangeland; Matthewson; Callaghan
Conway; Stan Brown; Haynes; Barrett
Clarke; Berbatov

Bench: Volz; Seymour; Langley; Hughes; Earle; McBride; Mullery

Probably wouldn't win anything tho'

dannyboi-ffc

Very difficult! I could easily opt for Finnan and Bonnissel but I will go for character rather than ability with those two. Very hard because I love Finnan!

VDS

Volz        Goma         Brede          Herrera

Christanval
                 Clark                Djetou

Malbranque                                Boa Morte
                         McBride
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Peabody

Macedo, Cohen, Coleman, Moore, Langley, Mullery, Robson, Clark, Haynes, Leggett, Clarke

Southcoastffc

Maik Taylor

Moritz Volz
Alain Goma
Martin Djetou
Rufus Brevett

Papa Bouba Diop

Sean Davis
John Collins
Lee Clarke

Barry Hayles
Luis Boa Morte

Subs: Mark Schwarzer, Steve Finnan, Jerome Bonnissel, Brede Hangeland, Sylvain Legwinski, Steed Malbranque, Moussa Dembele
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Horsfield_No9

Schwarzer

Finnan
Coleman
Hangeland
Brevett

Malbranque
Dempsey
Lee Clarke
Dembele

Zamora
Saha
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Jamie88

Taylor

Volz
Coleman
Hangeland
Brevett

Malbranque
Legwinski
Davis
Davies

McBride
Boa Morte

Loz

Favourite, not necessarily the best...                                         

Edwin Van der Sar
  John Paintsil      Brede Hangeland    Aaron Hughes    Paul Konchesky
                         Danny Murphy  (C)    Papa Bouba Diop
Steed Marlbranque          Mousa Dembele the First           Clint Dempsey
                                                Louis Saha
@LawrenceQuilty

bobbo

Find it amazing when these favourite teams themes come up nobody ever mentioned Best , albeit not for a long period but he did play for us and there couldn't be many better eh!
1975 just leaving home full of hope

davew

Quote from: Peabody on February 04, 2016, 09:57:16 AM
Macedo, Cohen, Coleman, Moore, Langley, Mullery, Robson, Clark, Haynes, Leggett, Clarke

Names that bring back a lot of great memories and no moans from me there!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: bobbo on February 04, 2016, 09:01:31 PM
Find it amazing when these favourite teams themes come up nobody ever mentioned Best , albeit not for a long period but he did play for us and there couldn't be many better eh!
Agreed, I saw him play for us a few times with Marsh in the team, but I think fair to say that Best was past his best by then, great to watch though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RaySmith

I saw every home game that Best played for us, and the  away game at Palace, where he broke their captain Ian Evan's leg in a tackle- not deliberately I'm sure.

Yes, he was past his best, but you could tell his class.

I actually heard an interesting story about him recently from someone who played against him -I can't remember who it was, but not a well known name. Anyway, this was a young player, and it may even have been his first team debut, and he was assigned to mark Best when he played for Fulham.

So the first half went well for the lad, Best was non-existent in the game, and his team went in in front, well in control.

The second half  started and Best cam up to the player - 'Sorry son,the manager's had a right  go at me, and I've got to do something now'. Then for 20 minutes Best  proceeds to turn it on, scores, and makes another, putting Fulham in front. The young player can't touch him.

But then Best comes up to him again -'That's me done for today son, and he is quiet for the rest of the game.

That was the story anyway, though I can't remember the player or who he played for.

My team of favourite, not necessarily the best,  Fulham players-
Peyton, Volz, Goma, Lowe, Langley, Key, Sean Davis, Lee Clark, Tosh, Cook, Large

Holders

Some great names and entertainers above and I could come up with any number of combinations. Surprised not to see Les Strong and particularly Simon Morgan in any of the teams.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

St. Andrews White

Schwarzer
Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky
Dempsey, Murphy, Dembele, Davies
Gera
Ross

Pretty much a Europa team with Ross if I'm honest, but they gave me such good memories.
Solid defence, creative midfield (best wideman in Dempsey, best crosser I've seen in Davies so just sneeks in ahead of Duffers), great attack in the legend and Ross.

Maybe one day we'll have a team to match these heroes!

COYW!!!!
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Yonderwhite on February 05, 2016, 11:34:07 AM
Schwarzer
Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky
Dempsey, Murphy, Dembele, Davies
Gera
Ross

Pretty much a Europa team with Ross if I'm honest, but they gave me such good memories.
Solid defence, creative midfield (best wideman in Dempsey, best crosser I've seen in Davies so just sneeks in ahead of Duffers), great attack in the legend and Ross.

Maybe one day we'll have a team to match these heroes!

COYW!!!!

Funny enough mine is the opposite. The only Europa player certain in mine is Brede and if I wasn't trying to be too random I would have Murphy over the 3 I originally picked. But the other 9 wouldn't make my favourite 11. Most would struggle to make the bench to be honest.

I'd even have Maik Taylor over Schwarzer. Doesn't mean I don't think those players were better, I just didn't warm to them as much as I did others.

Quite strange really considering. I guess for me being a little older than you the memories of Tigana's side and the novelty of Fulham in the early prem years was my favourite time as a supporter. The Europa was amazing but it wasn't my favourite era. Likewise I doubt many older fans who were supporting fulham in the 60's at your age or the 70s or the 80s would have Europa players over the top division side, the 75 cup final team or Malcolm McDonald's team.

I guess most of us regard the side we watched as a teenager as our favourite regardless of the success they achieved
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

GrahamG

Keller
Goldbaek, Morgan, Symons (not as player manager!), Callaghan
Simon Davies, Hayward, Haynes, Barrett
Hayles, McBride.

Subs; Macedo, Ray Evans, O'Driscoll, Gayle, Ivor, Roger Brown, Jimmy Conway.

nose

schwarz
cohen gale coleman brevett
jimmy conway haynes mullery barrett
ivor bobby zamorra

left out loads of really great players and steve earl was a particular painful omission but who would I leave out?
Leggatt was also a painful miss too but even though I think he was rather better than Ivor, my heart rules my head on that one! best and moore not considered because they were here in their twilight years.

Tonywa

EVDS
                                          Cohen, Hangeland, Robson, Langley
                                      Jimmy Conway, Haynes, Mullery, Malbranque
                                                         Leggatt Clarke

Seem to remember Bobby Robson playing in the back four on his return to the club when I was a child.  Hated leaving out Les Barrett, Ivor, Steve Finann Alain Goma, Tony Gale and the tremendous Martin Djetou and choosing between Louis Saha and Clarke was almost impossible.