https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Johnson is sacked

Started by St Eve, February 11, 2016, 09:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Mince n Tatties

Buffalo76

Sunderland were left with no other option. Filthy waste of space.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

HatterDon

It shouldn't have taken this long. I can't believe they didn't release him before the season started.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HatterDon on February 11, 2016, 09:37:45 PM
It shouldn't have taken this long. I can't believe they didn't release him before the season started.

He was crying he was innocent then.
Has just changed his plea to guilty now..

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

FPT

Yeah no surprise. PR disaster to keep him at the football club after admitting guilty a charge of grooming an underage child and one charge of sexual activity with a child. Which I believe translates to 'hitting on' a 15 year old knowing her age, and 'kissing and touching' the same girl, and he denies two counts of sexual activity which I presume means the 'moves further.'

It seems the two he has admitted guilty to holds a MAXIMUM jail time of 2 and half years, which will probably be less than the maximum given his stature as well as the 'severity' of the grooming etc.

No surprise he's been sacked, as well as Adidas terminating their deal with him. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him in the next few months - with him being a former England international, as well as potential verdict, he will likely find it easier to find a football club as opposed to Ched Evans (convicted rapist).

Although I'm not saying it's wrong (it's disgusting frankly) if he's found guilty on all accounts (including sexual intercourse) it's a whole different level (though no better really). A one time groomer can potentially be palmed off as a mistake especially if there's proof or whatever that Johnson 'saw the light' and prevented potential intercourse.

God I don't want it to sound like I'm defending him, it's going to be an interesting case.

There's been players that have done jail time and come back: Joey Barton, Marlon King and Troy Deeney are ones that have done time for assaults - though not one that I can think of for something like this. Plenty of driving/drink driving/speeding ones, but not one on a child grooming level.

Again, no surprise he's had his contract cancelled at Sunderland and deal with Adidas terminated. Interesting few months in and out of this case.

alexmur

we are weak at the back..... we could do with him....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Southcoastffc

Quote from: FPT on February 11, 2016, 09:52:43 PM
Yeah no surprise. PR disaster to keep him at the football club after admitting guilty a charge of grooming an underage child and one charge of sexual activity with a child. Which I believe translates to 'hitting on' a 15 year old knowing her age, and 'kissing and touching' the same girl, and he denies two counts of sexual activity which I presume means the 'moves further.'

It seems the two he has admitted guilty to holds a MAXIMUM jail time of 2 and half years, which will probably be less than the maximum given his stature as well as the 'severity' of the grooming etc.

No surprise he's been sacked, as well as Adidas terminating their deal with him. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him in the next few months - with him being a former England international, as well as potential verdict, he will likely find it easier to find a football club as opposed to Ched Evans (convicted rapist).

Although I'm not saying it's wrong (it's disgusting frankly) if he's found guilty on all accounts (including sexual intercourse) it's a whole different level (though no better really). A one time groomer can potentially be palmed off as a mistake especially if there's proof or whatever that Johnson 'saw the light' and prevented potential intercourse.

God I don't want it to sound like I'm defending him, it's going to be an interesting case.

There's been players that have done jail time and come back: Joey Barton, Marlon King and Troy Deeney are ones that have done time for assaults - though not one that I can think of for something like this. Plenty of driving/drink driving/speeding ones, but not one on a child grooming level.

Again, no surprise he's had his contract cancelled at Sunderland and deal with Adidas terminated. Interesting few months in and out of this case.
Graham Rix of Arsenal  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Rix
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Barrett487

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 11, 2016, 10:36:33 PM
Quote from: FPT on February 11, 2016, 09:52:43 PM

Graham Rix of Arsenal  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Rix

Anyone's got to be mad to take him on though. Public feelings are less forgiving now than in Rix's day, i don't even recall an outcry.

Personally, i'd ban him for life unless he was conned/lured by the girl in question.

Blanco

People shouldn't judge. We don't know the circumstances. I have an idea of what has happened.

I can't stand Johnson as a player however I'd take him without question.

Twig

Quote from: Blanco on February 12, 2016, 03:49:53 AM
People shouldn't judge. We don't know the circumstances. I have an idea of what has happened.

We are not judging, he has admitted his guilt on two counts.  I think you may be on your own in saying you would "take him without question"!

Mince n Tatties

fp.gif    096.gig

F(f)CUK

It takes a brave or greedy person to take to the pitch and the opposition fans after a guilty verdict like that. Fans don't forget.

Aaron

I wonder what the full background is here?  I hadn't really followed the story but what I've heard is he made advances on a 15 year old in a club?

It's funny that if this had happened in France, Germany, Portugal, Denmark, Austria, Greece or Italy he'd have done nothing wrong and yet the girl herself would have been in trouble for being in a club.  If it really was a one-off thing with 15 year old girl in a nightclub and dolled up to the nines I'd be of the opinion that what Ched Evans was convicted of was worse and sort of almost feel sorry for him despite it being creepy,  but I doubt it's that simple.

Mince n Tatties

Aaron...The full background is he has pleaded guilty to Grooming
an underage girl, not picking her up in a club.
And that's not her in that picture on twitter,regardless what she
looked like,he knew she was under age..Scum.

alfie

I am sure i heard on news this morning that he has pleaded NOT guilty, did anyone else hear this?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on February 12, 2016, 08:47:01 AM
I am sure i heard on news this morning that he has pleaded NOT guilty, did anyone else hear this?

He has to two of the charges and guilty to the other two. Maybe that's what you have heard
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Twig on February 12, 2016, 07:03:34 AM

We are not judging, he has admitted his guilt on two counts.  I think you may be on your own in saying you would "take him without question"!

I think he means we don't know under what circumstances he is guilty. Ie did he know she was 15. No-one knows the ins and outs of this.