more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

lineup for Charlton?

Started by @jolslover, February 18, 2016, 08:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Would be tempted to switch back to a 442

Lonergan, Fredericks Madl Burn Garbutt, Cairney Parker O'Hara Labyad, Dembele Mccormack
STH H3

filham

The full backs seem to be the week links at the moment, may see Baird and Ream in those positions,.
On second thoughts no that just wouldn't be the answer, best stick with Fredericks and Garbutt but tell them we are expecting better things from them.

Perhaps we should simply field the team that was so dreadful on Tuesday, but with Parker back in and tell them they must all play their socks off if they expect to stay in the team. They may just repeat the Loftus Road performance.

FPT

I would be half tempted to pop Chris Baird in at left back. He's obviously a couple of years older then he was of course, but with Luke Garbutt's performance, it'd be somewhat of a sham to start him in the next game. The question for me is whether we stick with a 352 or not. We could, in theory, play Alex Kacaniklic at wing back; I'd even be tempted by flipping Ashley Richards to the other side (if we were to stick with a three).

If sticking with a three:

----------------Lonergan-------------
---------Madl----Burn----Amore------
Fredericks------------------------Richards
------------------Parker-----------------
----------Cairney-------Hyndman--------
----------------------------------------------
---------Dembele------McCormack-----

Going back to a flat back four:

-----------------Lonergan-------------
Richards-----Madl-----Burn-----Baird
Cairney-----Parker---Ince----Kacaniklic
----------Dembele----McCormack--------

Twig

Quote from: FPT on February 18, 2016, 10:34:04 PM
I would be half tempted to pop Chris Baird in at left back. He's obviously a couple of years older then he was of course, but with Luke Garbutt's performance, it'd be somewhat of a sham to start him in the next game. The question for me is whether we stick with a 352 or not. We could, in theory, play Alex Kacaniklic at wing back; I'd even be tempted by flipping Ashley Richards to the other side (if we were to stick with a three).

If sticking with a three:

----------------Lonergan-------------
---------Madl----Burn----Amore------
Fredericks------------------------Richards
------------------Parker-----------------
----------Cairney-------Hyndman--------
----------------------------------------------
---------Dembele------McCormack-----

Going back to a flat back four:

Richards-----Madl-----Burn-----Baird
Cairney-----Parker---Ince----Kacaniklic

3 5 2, Kaka for Garbutt at wing back is not a bad shout. Parker has to return.  Give Baird a week to settle back in through training

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Chutney

Fredericks-----Burn-----Amorebieta-----Garbutt
Cairney-------Parker------Ohara----Kacaniklic

Garbutt's last chance to impress, one more poor game and I'd have amorebieta at LB and start Madl/Ream at CB.
C O Y W

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Chutney on February 19, 2016, 08:02:04 AM
Fredericks-----Burn-----Amorebieta-----Garbutt
Cairney-------Parker------Ohara----Kacaniklic

Garbutt's last chance to impress, one more poor game and I'd have amorebieta at LB and start Madl/Ream at CB.
I think stick with 352 and try anyone else at left wing back.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wimbledon_White

Richards will return at right back i think.

Fredericks has pace and nothing more. No final ball at QPR and no defensively nous against Blackburn.

fulhamben

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on February 19, 2016, 08:36:56 AM

Fredericks has pace and nothing more. No final ball at QPR and no defensively nous against Blackburn.
fredericks put in plenty of good balls at qpr. Jazz should be no where near our team

fulhamben

Oh yes and I've said it a thousand times. 352 is a crap formation with the players that we have. It managed to beat a poor city and qpr team.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: fulhamben on February 19, 2016, 09:07:35 AM

fredericks put in plenty of good balls at qpr. Jazz should be no where near our team

God forbid anyone disagree with you Ben.

Neither are great, Richards is the lesser of two evils.

TheBadger

-------------Longeran--------------
-----Madl---Burn---Amorebieta----
Fredericks------------------Garbutt
--------------Parker----------------
-------Cairney--------Hyndman----
--------McCormack--Dembele------

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning." - Pele

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on February 19, 2016, 09:16:25 AM
Oh yes and I've said it a thousand times. 352 is a crap formation with the players that we have. It managed to beat a poor city and qpr team.
Have to disagree, the basis of it is we need to get Cairney in the game, so need at least 3 in central areas and full back is our weakest position so better to have 3 CB's to help that.
We have no natural width really so feel 352/532 plays to our strengths.  Its not as if 442 has been either good or bad for us for most of the season is it?

TheBadger

Quote from: MJG on February 19, 2016, 09:19:20 AM
Have to disagree, the basis of it is we need to get Cairney in the game, so need at least 3 in central areas and full back is our weakest position so better to have 3 CB's to help that.
We have no natural width really so feel 352/532 plays to our strengths.  Its not as if 442 has been either good or bad for us for most of the season is it?

+1

fulhamben

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on February 19, 2016, 09:17:12 AM

The lesser of two evils? How do you work that out, jazz is a poor player who should have never had been signed after his disappointing loan spell.

fulhamben

Quote from: WhiteNorfolk on February 19, 2016, 09:20:38 AM

+1
And yet we have managed a mere 6 points with this formation. Do you really want to gamble our championship status on that formation?

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: fulhamben on February 19, 2016, 09:21:25 AM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on February 19, 2016, 09:17:12 AM

The lesser of two evils? How do you work that out, jazz is a poor player who should have never had been signed after his disappointing loan spell.

How do I work it out?
Well, I don't particularly rate either. However I think Jazz is the best of the two hence he is the "lesser of the two evils".
Do you get it? It's quite a common phrase to be honest.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on February 19, 2016, 09:23:24 AM

+1
And yet we have managed a mere 6 points with this formation. Do you really want to gamble our championship status on that formation?
Won 2 lost 2 with it

So I'd take a 50% win ratio anyday

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on February 19, 2016, 09:24:35 AM

+1
Won 2 lost 2 with it
your not including games when we have abandoned the formation then

TheBadger

+1

It's just an opinion - just like your's is. As MJG said, 442 has hardly been successful this year has it? MJG is spot on regarding the natural width in this squad being next to nothing so you have to work with what you've got.