News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit on Sky Sports News giving Champs League updates...

Started by FFCpmd, February 24, 2016, 09:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCpmd

....something else he doesn't seem to be very good at!

Mince n Tatties

Jobs for the Boys.
MOTD is always dragging Sacked managers
in as pundits..

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

snarks

Really, I mean really, you think it's OK to start a thread about a sacked manager to have a pop at him?

He always had the club's interests at heart, even if he ultimately didn't do what was required, he did a good job after mad Felix. The least he deserves is some respect. Your dislike of him, I hope is based on personal knowledge of him, having met him several times, if not it's just spiteful and unworthy.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: snarks on February 25, 2016, 07:27:52 AM
Really, I mean really, you think it's OK to start a thread about a sacked manager to have a pop at him?

He always had the club's interests at heart, even if he ultimately didn't do what was required, he did a good job after mad Felix. The least he deserves is some respect. Your dislike of him, I hope is based on personal knowledge of him, having met him several times, if not it's just spiteful and unworthy.

You've taken words out of my mouth. I wholeheartedly agree.

valdeingruo

I would say the only manager in our recent history that deserves this kind of post is Felix Magath. If the club had been more robust in its decision making. Kit would have been asked to return to the U-21s last summer and we would still have a genuine club man with us.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: andersons11 on February 25, 2016, 12:52:10 PM
I would say the only manager in our recent history that deserves this kind of post is Felix Magath. If the club had been more robust in its decision making. Kit would have been asked to return to the U-21s last summer and we would still have a genuine club man with us.

Or given more time to improve our fortunes this season; when he was sacked we were what 4 points off the play-offs? How many is it now? 18!

nose

we all loved kit and still do but he was the wrong man, blah blah blah... been there and said that all needs saying.

On being a pundit, good luck to him but how do they get the gig in the first place? Most of the pundits are useless and talk in TV media speak using a selection of cliches and platitudes... for experts they talk less sennse than most supporters... why bother? well obviously the tv stations think the inane drivell will keep people watching up to and after the ad break.

however they are in the main useless... never saw kit so hope he did OK

love4ffc

I have to agree with others here and say that While Kit may not have done the best job as first team manager he did always have the club's best interest at heart.  For that reason alone I respect him and would hope other fans would do the same. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Arthur

As we can safely presume the O.P. saw Kit on Sky and was following the Club when Kit was our manager, the O.P's remark is clearly based on events of which he has personal knowledge. There is no necessity to have actually met Symons to form such an opinion.

You may not agree with the O.P's assessment of Kit (and were you to have called his comment a 'cheap shot', I would have agreed). To post a reply, however, that bristles with animosity towards what, I believe, most on here would regard as a mild level of criticism seems unwarranted.

Neil D

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on February 25, 2016, 01:40:31 PM

Or given more time to improve our fortunes this season; when he was sacked we were what 4 points off the play-offs? How many is it now? 18!
That seems like a convincing statistic but, given the number of points played at that time,  does 18 now represent a very different picture?  Stat expert to the rescue please!

FFCpmd

No wonder some people on here give up posting, when all I get for what I thought was a light-hearted post, is abuse! Perhaps the ones who are so vitriolic towards me can tell me exactly which part of my post says that I dislike Kit? Indeed, I loved Kit as a player, and I loved him as a manager (albeit I think he was rather out of his depth as such - just my opinion, but possibly shared by others on here), and I love him as a character. I was merely expressing my opinion that having watched him, giving updates on Sky Sports is definitely not his forte (just my opinion).   

As a season ticket holder for over fifty years, I relatively recently found FOF, which I've always considered different from other club forums, in that people can express opinions in such a friendly manner. Clearly, I was mistaken.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Arthur on February 25, 2016, 06:17:12 PM

As we can safely presume the O.P. saw Kit on Sky and was following the Club when Kit was our manager, the O.P's remark is clearly based on events of which he has personal knowledge. There is no necessity to have actually met Symons to form such an opinion.

You may not agree with the O.P's assessment of Kit (and were you to have called his comment a 'cheap shot', I would have agreed). To post a reply, however, that bristles with animosity towards what, I believe, most on here would regard as a mild level of criticism seems unwarranted.

Criticism? There was no analysis or reasoning. It was just a pointless cheap shot.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: FFCpmd on February 25, 2016, 10:27:06 PM
No wonder some people on here give up posting, when all I get for what I thought was a light-hearted post, is abuse! Perhaps the ones who are so vitriolic towards me can tell me exactly which part of my post says that I dislike Kit? Indeed, I loved Kit as a player, and I loved him as a manager (albeit I think he was rather out of his depth as such - just my opinion, but possibly shared by others on here), and I love him as a character. I was merely expressing my opinion that having watched him, giving updates on Sky Sports is definitely not his forte (just my opinion).   

As a season ticket holder for over fifty years, I relatively recently found FOF, which I've always considered different from other club forums, in that people can express opinions in such a friendly manner. Clearly, I was mistaken.

It wasn't an opinion. It was just a cheap shot presumably in a failed attempt at humour.

Arthur

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 25, 2016, 11:18:03 PM
Quote from: Arthur on February 25, 2016, 06:17:12 PM

Criticism? There was no analysis or reasoning. It was just a pointless cheap shot.

That there was no analysis or reasoning is clearly so. If, however, you are contesting my use of the word 'criticism' owing to the O.P's paucity of information, I do not concur.

In its most basic form, 'criticism' is the act of saying that something is bad; it is not essential for there to be a rationale.

Twig

Unnecessary, silly and disrespectful post. Let's leave it at that and move on.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Twig on February 26, 2016, 07:22:10 AM
Unnecessary, silly and disrespectful post. Let's leave it at that and move on.

Precisely.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Statto on February 25, 2016, 11:17:31 PM
Quote from: Neil D on February 25, 2016, 07:13:33 PM

That seems like a convincing statistic but, given the number of points played at that time,  does 18 now represent a very different picture?  Stat expert to the rescue please!

Well for a start we were 8 pts off the play-offs then, not 4 (and we were also only only 7 pts from the relegation zone)

And that was after 16 games so now we've played 33... Well theoretically it would equate to being about 17 pts from the playoffs now

So despite all those games with no manager we haven't really deviated from the trajectory Symons had us set on

You can prove anything with stats mate; I prefer biased conjecture.

Cheers  ;-)

Neil D

Quote from: Statto on February 25, 2016, 11:17:31 PM
Quote from: Neil D on February 25, 2016, 07:13:33 PM

Well for a start we were 8 pts off the play-offs then, not 4 (and we were also only only 7 pts from the relegation zone)

And that was after 16 games so now we've played 33... Well theoretically it would equate to being about 17 pts from the playoffs now

So despite all those games with no manager we haven't really deviated from the trajectory Symons had us set on

That makes sense.

valdeingruo

FFCpmd, its hard to tell when a poster is attempting to be light hearted or not. It was very short and we have had a spat of short posts directly attacking players, supporters and the club in general.

The list of "Emojiis" at the bottom can usually be added and usually implies a sarcastic or fun post, rather than one made in seriousness.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi