Started by MJG, February 28, 2016, 11:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Very quick poll on who should stay or go next season

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2XFYPHJ

Take part and I'll post results later today or monday

Wimbledon_White

Done.

Think I have been pretty ruthless. Think I only kept about six players or so.

Baszab

HatterDon

my continued gratitude for your contribution to this site
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Oakeshott

Generally a good survey, but I don't see how one can yet reach a view about Ince and Labyad.

Mince n Tatties

MJG

Quote from: Oakeshott on February 28, 2016, 03:34:33 PM
Generally a good survey, but I don't see how one can yet reach a view about Ince and Labyad.
I'd agree on Labyad but Ince has been around a whole and if you have watched him in past you could have an Opinion on him.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Had 214 entries so far. Will close this in an hour at 8PM

MJG

Results now at http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/players/who-should-stay-or-go-10-698.html

251 votes in about 8 hours...nothing better to do on a sunday ;-)

Berserker

Glad I was pretty much with the general opinion
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on February 28, 2016, 08:44:41 PM
Good to see finally one of these squad-overhaul-who's-top-6-level-who-should-stay threads with some substance to it   0001.jpeg

Although looking at the results, as I said the other day the perception among our fans of anyone homegrown astounds me, e.g., 

Bettinelli ...97%
Williams ...87% (vs Pringle 24%)
Woodrow ...84% (vs Smith 37%)
Grimmer ...80% (vs Richards 27%)
Burn ...80%
exclude Burn but the other four are one who been injured all season,  another who was doing ok and fit injured and two on loan. All young and at worst good pkayers to have in squad.
Im nit adverse to Pringle staying.  But Richards I don't rate above Grimmer... And don't mention Hazard please.
Smith is not for me and I've explained that a million times. But I can see why some like him. Nothing to do with 'our'  players,  just the quality against the others.

Lighthouse

By the look of it most have the same feelings about players. Although Pringle was on my list to keep. As was Smith. But then I am a bit scared of yet another Summer of wholesale changes.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Berserker on February 28, 2016, 08:15:45 PM
Glad I was pretty much with the general opinion

Similarly I was pleased to see that when a wide survey of Fulham fans is taken it comes up with a more realistic view than the many shouting, negative posts on FoF.

davew

Quote from: MJG on February 28, 2016, 08:09:29 PM
Results now at http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/players/who-should-stay-or-go-10-698.html

251 votes in about 8 hours...nothing better to do on a sunday ;-)
Nor me apart from play golf and eagerly await the poll results! Better than watching the 90 minute replay!

Can't get the 6 lottery numbers, but got the top 10 players to stay right (I think), the only 10 I recommended staying with us from memory? It looks like I might have to share the prize with quite a few others, big gap between the top 10 and everybody else, just means that the forum fans should run the club next season!

Bazrab, I think we may have selected the same 10 players, but we need 1 more to make a team, maybe Lovebite, oh that will leave us with 10 again though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Quote from: Statto on February 29, 2016, 08:27:24 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 28, 2016, 09:13:16 PM
Quote from: Statto on February 28, 2016, 08:44:41 PM
Good to see finally one of these squad-overhaul-who's-top-6-level-who-should-stay threads with some substance to it   0001.jpeg

Although looking at the results, as I said the other day the perception among our fans of anyone homegrown astounds me, e.g., 

Bettinelli ...97%
Williams ...87% (vs Pringle 24%)
Woodrow ...84% (vs Smith 37%)
Grimmer ...80% (vs Richards 27%)
Burn ...80%
exclude Burn but the other four are one who been injured all season,  another who was doing ok and fit injured and two on loan. All young and at worst good pkayers to have in squad.
Im nit adverse to Pringle staying.  But Richards I don't rate above Grimmer... And don't mention Hazard please.
Smith is not for me and I've explained that a million times. But I can see why some like him. Nothing to do with 'our'  players,  just the quality against the others.

I'd potentially keep any/all of them and don't strongly disagree with your assessment of who's better/worse.

I just don't think those percentage/popularity gaps are reflective of the their different levels of quality.

Would be interested to know how many people realised most of the 5 I've named there are 22/23 years old, not really much younger than Richards, Pringle and Smith who are all 24-26.

I would have thought that someone with the name Statto would understand that if the question is "Which players would you keep" then the percentages do not reflect the player quality but rather what percentage of responders want to keep the player.

So, for example, 4 out of 5 responders want to keep Grimmer and only 1 out of 4 (approx.) want to keep Richards presumably because they consider him third choice behind Fredericks and Grimmer.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on February 29, 2016, 09:40:48 AM
Attm:

I'd expect people to want to keep the quality players.

Where there isn't much difference in quality, I'd expect views to be divided.

Thanks
Well they are... 80-27 in favour of Grimmer. Who I believe is better than Richards for Fulham. And isnt that the key point?
We have 3 full backs who are our Right Backs.
I see it as simple as this. If we play wingbacks then Fredericks is the main choice.
If we play with a more defensive 5 man back system or flat back 4 then I dont think he is the better option. You need to look at Richards or Grimmer.
Out of the two, Grimmer is for me the better defender.

Now looking at next season I dont think we need to carry 3 full backs who basically are all the same age and all with fairly limited experience. Richards will be 25 in April and only played just over 100 games.
Grimmer 22 years old 53 games
Fredericks 24 years old 62 games
Richards 24 years old 108 games

colinwhite

To be honest they all have serious flaws and are definitely not good enough for a team pushing for promotion. Grimmer is a centre back playing at full-back , Fredricks a converted winger and Richards thinks hes a central midfielder . I rest my case.

Quote from: Statto on February 29, 2016, 09:40:48 AM
Attm:

I'd expect people to want to keep the quality players.

Where there isn't much difference in quality, I'd expect views to be divided.

Thanks

As I said, I do not think it works like that given the wording of the question. Few respondents would be judging on quality alone (e.g. keeping all players they judged as 6/10) and they would also taking in to account the overall team needs such as do we need three right backs.