watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jocanovic's Signings

Started by filham, February 29, 2016, 06:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Well this year Jaconovic has brought in five new player and each of them has made an appearance, it is early days but do we think any of them are going to prove to be better than players who were already at the club.

1. Ince  Used almost immediately but now has disappeared from the scene. Has Championship experience with Brighton and it looked as if he was brought here to command the holding midfield role.

2. Baird  Bought in after Ince, another holding midfielder and one that we know and love but is he going to make a big difference to the team and is he better than Tunnicliffe, Parker or Ince in the holding role.

3.Amoreabieta, brought back from a loan deal, seems to have added bite to the back four although playing right on the edge of his ability and seems liable to give something away at any moment.

4.Labyad, a much needed wide right player who had his first short outing on Saturday and has yet to demonstrate that he has the pace and ability to attack defences that we want to see.

5. Madl , a back four player who seems to have slipped nicely into the team and is giving a little credibility to our dreadful defence.

Early days, lets hope they all come good but at the moment only Madl seems to have been really worth bringing in.

@jolslover

Cant label them Jokanovic signings but I think they are all good signings and all add something we didnt have before
STH H3

Carborundum

Madl and Amorebieta better that any of our CBs other than perhaps Burn.

Ince better than our non-existent central defensive midfielder unit.

Labyad better than our non-existent right midfielder.  Team now so used to not passing to the right they ignored him on Saturday.

Baird better for supporter morale than wiggling cheerleaders, nearly as uplifting as hearing Diddy back on the mike.

None of them count as Jokanovic signings, we're not allowed to make any signings.  A couple are sorting out glaring imbalances in the squad.

millsy

i think our squad options are enhanced tremendously by these additions. Not sure what's happening with Ince but the important thing is that we have the holding midfield position covered by either Parker or Baird, with Matilla also in abeyance.

Really hope Labyad gets opportunities as we desperately need an outlet on the wing and can't rely on Fred or Kaca to provide this; one due to persistent injuries and the other being too lightweight.

the other thing Joka has quickly recognised is that Cairney shouldnt play that wide role, as he is the nearest thing we have to a midfield playmaker, now that we have seen that Jamie doesn't have the legs and/or puff to do so on a regular basis, or indeed against stronger opposition.

I've also noticed that, at last, our keeper is rolling the ball out more and fly-kicking less. We have to trust ourselves in possession and not cough the ball up so easily by just punting up into nowhere and hoping Moussa might actually challenge for it in the air! Maybe just a one-off but we didn't just launch it upfield from our kick-off. These are welcome changes and hopefully a sign of better things to come.

If Joka can now start to instil confidence in our front men to shoot earlier, instead of making that final pass, I'll start to feel much better about our prospects.

FulhamStu

I understand Ince is injured.

MJG

As we have seen from all the transfer dealings in the past, if you can get a 50% hit rate on players who come in doing well, then at the moment I'd say 3 of the 5 have already proved their worth.

filham

Quote from: @jolslover on February 29, 2016, 07:15:56 PM
Cant label them Jokanovic signings but I think they are all good signings and all add something we didnt have before
They were all at other clubs before the window, now thy are with us until the end of the season, surely this is Jaconovic's choice and he should take the credit if they are a success and be answerable if they fail.

MJG

Roys January signings...could be argued only 2 of them worked really.

Brede Hangeland
Leon Andreasen    
Eddie Johnson    
Toni Kallio    
Jari Litmanen    
Paul Stalteri

nose

madl brilliant
baird very good
amore good
the other two... not sure... haven't seen quite enough and what i did see was not brilliant but think ince has the makings of a good player.

Apprentice to the Maestro

We should remember that these are signings made after only limited time with the squad, in the January rather than the summer window which is always more difficult, made while the club is struggling and, most importantly, as loans while we are under an embargo.

Given that they have had a pretty good success rate. As MJG says anything like 50% or above must be regarded as a success, particularly when the needs are for immediate impact.

We shouldn't regard these as a true indication of Jokanovic signings as those will begin to come through in the summer.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 02, 2016, 12:01:53 AM
We should remember that these are signings made after only limited time with the squad, in the January rather than the summer window which is always more difficult, made while the club is struggling and, most importantly, as loans while we are under an embargo.

Given that they have had a pretty good success rate. As MJG says anything like 50% or above must be regarded as a success, particularly when the needs are for immediate impact.

We shouldn't regard these as a true indication of Jokanovic signings as those will begin to come through in the summer.

Add the players that MJG listed from Roy and it becomes even more astounding
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Burt

The bottom line for me is that "on paper" we have a squad that is far stronger than what we are actually seeing on the pitch. We should be doing better with what we have. I am sure it will start coming together. We have already seen glimpses of what may be... It just needs to evolve from "glimpse" to "norm"...

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Burt on March 02, 2016, 12:46:01 PM
The bottom line for me is that "on paper" we have a squad that is far stronger than what we are actually seeing on the pitch. We should be doing better with what we have. I am sure it will start coming together. We have already seen glimpses of what may be... It just needs to evolve from "glimpse" to "norm"...

For all their individual skill and experience the squad has shown few signs of playing as a team. They need to form partnerships and units as we had under Sir Roy. Where are the equivalent of Hangeland and Hughes or Murphy and Etuhu or the defensive two ranks of four where everyone knew their role? The best partnership we have had this season is O'Hara and Tunnicliffe before the latter was injured.

Strangely, for all their goals, McCormack and Dembele don't play as a partnership so that one of our problems is that they don't hold on to the ball for very long or generally cause the opposition defence much worry and take the pressure off the rest of the team.

Horsfield_No9

In my opinion McCormack and Dembele are both too selfish to make a good partnership. Dembele especially in the past 3-4 weeks has opted to shoot when Ross or another player is free in the box. Ross also likes to shoot when there are often better options. It makes you wonder how many more we could score if they weren't just thinking about their own careers and goal tallies. Anyone else agree?
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

MJG

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on March 02, 2016, 04:00:38 PM
In my opinion McCormack and Dembele are both too selfish to make a good partnership. Dembele especially in the past 3-4 weeks has opted to shoot when Ross or another player is free in the box. Ross also likes to shoot when there are often better options. It makes you wonder how many more we could score if they weren't just thinking about their own careers and goal tallies. Anyone else agree?
Two things why this is happening. Dembele is out of form and just desperate for agoal, hence the snacthing at shots or overplaying.

With Ross, he is a scorer of great goals and not a goalscorer. He hasn't changed he will always try the spectacular (when possibly a pass is on) while also looking for assists. But because he hits those goals occasionally, he gets away with being able to do them. He had a great spell of free kicks, before that he was hitting almost everything the ground bar the goal with them. Now that spell is over its watch yourself in the Hammy end when hes standing over it.

FulhamStu

Quote from: MJG on March 02, 2016, 04:05:59 PM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on March 02, 2016, 04:00:38 PM
Two things why this is happening. Dembele is out of form and just desperate for agoal, hence the snacthing at shots or overplaying.

With Ross, he is a scorer of great goals and not a goalscorer. He hasn't changed he will always try the spectacular (when possibly a pass is on) while also looking for assists. But because he hits those goals occasionally, he gets away with being able to do them. He had a great spell of free kicks, before that he was hitting almost everything the ground bar the goal with them. Now that spell is over its watch yourself in the Hammy end when hes standing over it.

Ross has scored around or over 20 goals a season for quite a while.  Pretty impressive for a non goal scorer