watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roll call for last night

Started by MJG, March 09, 2016, 12:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

I'm interested in who was at the game last and who was not.

Its not picking on anyone who was not there and not saying you can or can not have an opinion about the result, I just want to know as background to the game when being discussed who saw it with their own eyes or via GJ or via 90 seconds of highlights. Thanks.

ffc2004

Peabody

Southdowns White

I was present and correct in my usual seat sir.

Patrick

GrahamG

I wasn't. Followed GJ commentary and other reports as well as brief highlights. Certainly no substitute for 'being there'.

brightster

Same here, was present, came away pleased with the performance, but not result!

Jimmy Hill

I was there to see a good performance of the front 7 players. Regardless of whos fault it was for what goals and even though we dominated the first half, every time the ball was in our half the defense just felt so weak almost afraid. Fix this mentality and we have a good team capable of being up there next year. Just got to get behind the boys a bit more and get 3 points against Bristol

Airfix

I was in my seat.  Well, apart from the times that the ref made me stand up.  And when the team made me stand up (which was more often than most games lately).

copthornemike

Was there.

Excellent game of attacking football if you were a neutral or Burnley fan.

Summed up our season in many ways. Often impressive going forward and could have scored even more (the open goal miss at the end of the first half was crucial).

But lacking in organisation (particularly after we lost possession we reorganised our defensive shape far too slowly) and too many individual errors when we did not have the ball.

Supermitch

Quote from: brightster on March 09, 2016, 12:17:10 PM
Same here, was present, came away pleased with the performance, but not result!

Same for me

18stepsup

Fred black and white and I were there. To me I thought at 2-2 we would go on to win but again sloppy defending

Aldo

I was there and thought that on balance we showed that we are a much better side than we were 3 months ago!

Horsfield_No9

Only missed the Hull game this season. For what it's worth I thought we were on the whole excellent last night. Pen was blatant cheating and Gray's goal a very good finish. A lesser striker would not of scored that.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Ronnief

I was in block FL Johnny Haynes stand as usual, watching our poor defensive display.  Would love to see Bettinelli back in goal as I thought Lonergan was poor last night especially for their first goal when he stood motionless behind one of their players.

Kent Cassandra

Travelled up from Cliftonville as always, thrilled with the first half when we should have sown it up. Didn't feel the same energy form the lads at the start of the second half and when they doubled up on Ross who they couldn't cope with in the first our momentum slumped. They were successful in closing the game down in the last twenty minutes by fair means or foul.  Didn't get indoors till 2am, met a QPR supporter on the train home and like every other Championship supporter I have met on my travels we agreed that the standard displayed by the match officials is generally appalling.  Clubs and Managers are gagged and 'All we can do is boo'.   We mustn't forget that Burnley are four points clear at the top and have scored more goals than anyone else.   
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

snarks

I was there, and very impressed I was too. Think it's hardtop say Cairneys was an open goal miss as they blocked it. He should have scored tho' as I think should Parker in the second half. Best performance from Garbutt and Fred this season by s long way (IMHO)

Chutney

C O Y W

filham

I was there and enjoyed the game but as is becoming usual mourned the result on the hour long journey home.