watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we shot ourselves in the foot ?

Started by Riversider, March 09, 2016, 04:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

I think it's fair to say that Saturday against Brizzle City is going to be massive, lose it and we're in strife,
So why then would you want to help your opponent out ?
We've given City 4,200 tickets which they sold out quickly , so you can bet your bottom dollar that another 1,000 or more have also bought tickets in The Putney End, turning their away game in to a Cup Final for them.
I understand that all the short sighted people will say it's all about the matchday revenue, but the truth is the cost of relegation will be far more,
I would have given them 1,200 tickets and closed off 3 sections if need be, when the teams come out on Saturday all you are going to hear is their pi**ed up fans on a jolly boys outing, just can't see how the club has helped Slavisa and the team.

Bill2

Quote from: Riversider on March 09, 2016, 04:05:29 PM
I think it's fair to say that Saturday against Brizzle City is going to be massive, lose it and we're in strife,
So why then would you want to help your opponent out ?
We've given City 4,200 tickets which they sold out quickly , so you can bet your bottom dollar that another 1,000 or more have also bought tickets in The Putney End, turning their away game in to a Cup Final for them.
I understand that all the short sighted people will say it's all about the matchday revenue, but the truth is the cost of relegation will be far more,
I would have given them 1,200 tickets and closed off 3 sections if need be, when the teams come out on Saturday all you are going to hear is their pi**ed up fans on a jolly boys outing, just can't see how the club has helped Slavisa and the team.
I have been making this point throughout the season it will make our job that little bit harder. The Club don't seem to appreciate that away fans for some reason are more noisy per person than home fans, especially if they get join the lead.

Apprentice to the Maestro

If the home crowd can't match 5,000 away supporters and that makes a difference to our players then we will get what we deserve.

Great credit to those Bristol City fans if 5,000 of them are prepared to come to support their club in its predicament.

Edited by the Mods: (How embarrassingly pathetic removed)

filham

If we perform from the beginning , the Hammy end alone will make more noise than the City  fans. Give them an early couple of goals with no real response from our players then City fans will be all over us.

It is down to our players to show their skills, play with maximum enthusiasm and realise they are playing at home, they will then have the Fulham crowd right behind them.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I feel that if 5,000 want to come to support a struggling team, that's fantastic, give them credit.

We're all supporters and I can't see why we would want to deprive our 'fellow fans' this opportunity.

Imagine how we'd moan if the boot was on the other foot.

Good luck to them I say, I hope they have a great day out, but go back down the M4 with 0 points
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

westcliff white

we have sold 5000 tickets to them so great money on for the club helps against FFP
Every day is a Fulham day

Arthur

Quote from: Riversider on March 09, 2016, 04:05:29 PM
We've given City 4,200 tickets...

I would have given them 1,200 tickets... just can't see how the club has helped Slavisa and the team.

Why give them 1200 then? Wouldn't it help Slavisa and the team far more still to give them no tickets at all?

I'm with AttM and Rogerp on this one.

Riversider

Why do some of you think that the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Man Utd etc etc stick the away fans as far out of the way as possible ?
It's for a very good reason.

FulhamStu

A big crowd and lots of away fans should inspire our team and fans, that is if they have any bottle.

Woolly Mammoth

Personally I feel that we should make them all stand outside in Stevanage Road, and listen to the roar of our crowd.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

As for shooting our selves in the foot. To put the record straight, the club blew the foot off a long time ago.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

I'll say it again... We have lost at home with 50 away fans in attendance,  makes no real difference

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Riversider on March 09, 2016, 09:18:14 PM
Why do some of you think that the likes of Sunderland, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Man Utd etc etc stick the away fans as far out of the way as possible ?

Maybe we could turn the Riverside Stand over to fans who want to cheer the team on. According to two former neighbours who moved from the Hammersmith End to the Riverside this season those surrounding their new seats are silent and miserable. Despite the better view they will probably move back next season.

Riversider

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 09, 2016, 10:41:02 PM
Quote from: Riversider on March 09, 2016, 09:18:14 PM

Maybe we could turn the Riverside Stand over to fans who want to cheer the team on. According to two former neighbors who moved from the Hammersmith End to the Riverside this season those surrounding their new seats are silent and miserable. Despite the better view they will probably move back next season.

Unlike the wall of noise that is The Hammersmith End then

Neil D

Since there will not be a capacity attendance, giving the away fans more tickets is sensible.  I was at Bristol City along with 3000 or so (someone can correct me) but if they want to bring 5000, then good luck to them.  If, on the other hand, that meant denying FFC fans a ticket in the 'neutral' end, then that would be a different matter but I doubt if there will more than 20,000 (and that's an optimistic estimate) in attendance on Saturday.  To be honest, if the team is intimidated by 5000 away fans making a bit of noise, do they deserve to win?