https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has Smith really be loaned out

Started by St Eve, March 13, 2016, 08:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

fcfulham55

This has to be a sick joke?

If this is true I'm going to the next game with a red and white scarf.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Burt

There's bits and bobs on Twitter and elsewhere.

And the Wolves boards have also picked this up:
http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=97059

fcfulham55

A great big WTF.

Let's just loan out our only other striking option, than can provide us possibly with critical attributes when chasing a game in the final stages of a match.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

ffc73

It would be no great surprise to me now that Woodrow is fit.  In fact has Woodrow, last Saturday in his brief cameo, played more minutes than Smith has in the last month or so?

Smith is not an option that any FFC manager has favoured which, again, begs the question why did we buy him in the first place?

With no wingers and wing backs that cannot cross or beat the first man, when we play Smith we become hoof and hope and totally one dimensional.

Ok.  So we are not great at the moment and losing Smith would give us less options but he is an option we have not been using and do not appear to want to use

@jolslover

Hopefully. Also Smith out means a player will come in!!
STH H3

MikeW

If you think about it this club has treated Smith appaulingly.  He proved he could score at Bristol City and I don't think they were a hit and hope team.  Fulham is an f'ing shambles from top to bottom.  The only good bit is the loyal support.  Over and out.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

RaySmith

J

Quote from: FFC73 on March 13, 2016, 08:51:52 PM
It would be no great surprise to me now that Woodrow is fit.  In fact has Woodrow, last Saturday in his brief cameo, played more minutes than Smith has in the last month or so?

Smith is not an option that any FFC manager has favoured which, again, begs the question why did we buy him in the first place?

With no wingers and wing backs that cannot cross or beat the first man, when we play Smith we become hoof and hope and totally one dimensional.

Ok.  So we are not great at the moment and losing Smith would give us less options but he is an option we have not been using and do not appear to want to use

+1 similar to what I just posted in another thread

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=53154.0

And to othe posters if the rumours about him leaving are to be believed, it is in order to make space to bring a different striker in on loan (can't think who off the top of my head) but it would therefore be swapping a player we don't want to use for someone we might

bobbo

BBC  transfers on football page doesn't show it and it very up to date and accurate so it may be in the offing but he hasn't gone yet. Big question is why would we do it we are under no further financial restrictions and it's not as is the club cannot afford his wages ????
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Snibbo

The thing I saw on Facebook said we are getting Aluko from Hull on loan, and Smith is going to Wolves

Not sure if this link will work but here goes

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=762707970495370&set=a.471928406239996.1073741827.100002685237981&type=3

MJG

Quote from: bobbo on March 14, 2016, 08:17:53 AM
BBC  transfers on football page doesn't show it and it very up to date and accurate so it may be in the offing but he hasn't gone yet. Big question is why would we do it we are under no further financial restrictions and it's not as is the club cannot afford his wages ????
we are still under the restrictions so maybe we are on the one out one in rule atm

filham

I have a lot of respect for Smith and think it a great shame that he hasn't been used more.
However it is clear that our manager has little use for him and therefore it must be sensible for the club to move him on. If he can be replaced by a striker the manager can put to good use it makes even more sense.

EJL

In a way I can't wait for him to go. He's not as good a target man as people make out, and he slows down our already pondering attacking buildup to a predictable, cripplingly slow pace. Most of all, though, it'll stop the incessant "bring on Smith" when doing so is almost always detrimental to chasing a game. Smith's size and playstyle works against him when winning fouls, as referees will allow for a higher physical response from opposing centre-backs.

GrahamG

Yes, EJL. Because of course Matt has been given so many opportunities. I'd have liked to see him get 20 minutes against City last Saturday although I doubt we have anybody good enough to provide any decent crosses. We could not play any more slowly than we do no matter who we bring on.

filham

No confirmation of this move , it could just be a clever reporter taking a wild guess as the loan window comes to an end.

grandad

I want Smith to start in all the remaining 9 matches. We will need him next season no matter what division we are in. Dembele will be gone for sure so I would only have him on the bench.
Where there's a will there's a wife

EJL

Quote from: GrahamG on March 14, 2016, 04:48:31 PM
Yes, EJL. Because of course Matt has been given so many opportunities. I'd have liked to see him get 20 minutes against City last Saturday although I doubt we have anybody good enough to provide any decent crosses. We could not play any more slowly than we do no matter who we bring on.
Smith is proof that we can plod about even slower.

St Eve

We are in a relegation battle and we need Smith to start all of the remaining games. If nothing else he will give 100% unlike most of our squad. He has height and strength and he can score. He probably isn't the future but he certainly is the present

Mince n Tatties

According to FoF Thursday stuff,several clubs want
him,but we are refusing to let him go.
Can't understand it,Jacko don't rate him and keeps him
on bench.
Let the lad go and play football..