watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Happy Valley Series 2

Started by Peabody, March 16, 2016, 08:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

IMO, the best programme on TV at the moment. Last nights concluding episode was superb. The acting, the action, everything about it was gripping.

Burt

I've been watching the Night Manager, which has been pretty good.

bill taylors apprentice

filham

I watched the first episode but could only hear half of what was being said, there were complaints the following day, and subsequently failed to pick up the plot and then I gave up. Shame because I think it was good drama.

nose

I loved the first series and am loving this too even if it is a bit dark
Have most of it recorded because we have been busy during the live screenings. We will try and set up an afternoon to watch the thing through to the end.
Brilliant TV and she is wonderful in the part.

Lighthouse

Quote from: filham on March 16, 2016, 11:29:59 AM
I watched the first episode but could only hear half of what was being said, there were complaints the following day, and subsequently failed to pick up the plot and then I gave up. Shame because I think it was good drama.

Worth sticking with it because despite denials it was hard to hear in the first few episodes but it seemed to be fine later on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffccaz

Watched both series shame it ended last night

Dodgin

Sarah Lancashire, brilliant. Quite a few people complained about the dialogue, as I'm getting on in years I use the sub titles. Best thing for Rab Nesbitt.

bill taylors apprentice

Looking forward to seeing Lancashire in the next series of "Last tango in Halifax" as well.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Keep coming with the UK drama series.
I love them and can download over here.

Thank you
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Berserker

I love the series but there is one thing I find odd about and I very much doubt men or most women would notice or bother about it.
The thing I find odd is the decoration of the house Sarah Lancashire lives in and owns in the series. It isn't decorated or the ornaments/bits and pieces wouldn't be the way her character would have it. It definitely suits her sister's personality but not hers. I wonder if the producers are being really subtle here in as much as hinting that Lancaster 's character can't even be bothered about the decoration of a home and thus leaves it up to her sister to have it the way she wants, even though it's not her sister house, that would be more like the character.
Sorry just thinking things through
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

GloucesterWhite

Excellent series. Recorded it and watched it over 2 evenings (best way at my age). Sarah Lancashire was great as usual, as were all the characters. That nasty b'stard in prison is played by a boke who is the vicar in another series currently being shown!

Peabody

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 17, 2016, 08:58:11 AM
Excellent series. Recorded it and watched it over 2 evenings (best way at my age). Sarah Lancashire was great as usual, as were all the characters. That nasty b'stard in prison is played by a boke who is the vicar in another series currently being shown!

He was also in War and Peace. His name is James Norton.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Berserker on March 17, 2016, 08:02:49 AM
I love the series but there is one thing I find odd about and I very much doubt men or most women would notice or bother about it.
The thing I find odd is the decoration of the house Sarah Lancashire lives in and owns in the series. It isn't decorated or the ornaments/bits and pieces wouldn't be the way her character would have it. It definitely suits her sister's personality but not hers. I wonder if the producers are being really subtle here in as much as hinting that Lancaster 's character can't even be bothered about the decoration of a home and thus leaves it up to her sister to have it the way she wants, even though it's not her sister house, that would be more like the character.
Sorry just thinking things through

I noticed that too.
I think your right as they almost seem like a couple running the home, Catherine is the bread winner with the stressful job while Claire looks after the mundane things around the house and getting the boy to school etc.
Now you've got me at it!

Bedford White

Agreed with all the positives re Happy Valley. My better half and I are fortunate to have relatives who live in Hebden Bridge so we know and recognise many of the locations used in the series, mind you I couldn't live there, it's too damp.

The new series of Line of Duty starts on BBC1 soon, that's also a good watch.