watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

joca

Started by nose, April 02, 2016, 08:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I have said i am a fan and ee did win but did not agree eith team selection or tactics at all

Thrilled we won but really playing with four center backs and fiur central midfielders would have backfired against a team half as poor as mk dons

Unlike others i do not mind being critical of people i rate....  in this case the manager...  that was a foolish gamble.  Not impressed even though we won.

@jolslover

Quote from: nose on April 02, 2016, 08:06:21 PM
I have said i am a fan and ee did win but did not agree eith team selection or tactics at all

Thrilled we won but really playing with four center backs and fiur central midfielders would have backfired against a team half as poor as mk dons

Unlike others i do not mind being critical of people i rate....  in this case the manager...  that was a foolish gamble.  Not impressed even though we won.

His job is to pick the team that gives us the highest chances of winning the game, He picked a team that would be up for a fight and solid at the back (Stearman and Ream) and the team won. What is there to complain about?

IMO there was only 1 acceptable change to make and that was Fredericks for Stearman. But maybe Joka wanted the fight, aggression and passion that Stearman brings. And even so surely 1 questionable decision doesnt lead to the whole lineup being questioned.
STH H3

nose

I woild have played 3 5 2
Stearman madl and amor
Fredricks and garbutt wing backs
Tunny parker and cairney
Woodrow and ross at the front
We would have been much better balanced and won in a canter

@jolslover

Quote from: nose on April 02, 2016, 08:12:21 PM
I woild have played 3 5 2
Stearman madl and amor
Fredricks and garbutt wing backs
Tunny parker and cairney
Woodrow and ross at the front
We would have been much better balanced and won in a canter

But Moussa was our best attacking player, scored 1 and set up another. How can you say he should be left out??
STH H3

MJG

He picked a team to get a result against MK Dons. He got it.
Against another team,  a better top team he may well change the full backs who play. It's game by game,  horses for courses.

Finnegans Wake

Perhaps the team wasn't picked on ability, but mentality.

Lighthouse

We dominated the first half and could have gone in three goals clear. In the end we were pleased to have finished the game with a narrow win. They had a goal that was arguably on side. We were playing one of the worst sides in our division and we were still prone to poor mistakes at corners and still only could muster one consistent positive half. Still made a mistake as a unit for the goal conceded.

We can play with a team of defenders and still know we will start every game at least a goal down. But we haven't been able to muster a result at home for a while so I guess SJ has decided, as he declared to play ugly. If we had won by as many as our first half deserved we would all be saying he made the right choice. As it is the game only proved we keep on making the same cheap errors.

Today only highlights the divisions in opinions of SJ.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ruiz11

Completely agree that playing 4 CBs was crazy, as soon as Fredericks came on we had someone who could provide an attacking outlet, as well as cope with the pace of Murphy.

Carborundum

He got plenty right today.  MK Dons would have been scouted and he cooked up a team that created more chances for us than it yielded to them.  Fredericks came on at the right time and even the choice of Cairney to come off at the end was spot on - he was way over the JH stand side and took his time.  And we won.

I wouldn't have done what he did, but am prepared to think that's because he is rather better at managing this squad than I would be.

Scrumpy

I think the Manager has got fed up with our leaky defence and after countless games where we played a more attacking 352, and lost (Burnley, Bristol) or drew (Reading, Leeds) he has decided that one way or the other we're going to tighten up defensively. As others have said, that team was built for defence. A very similar team and formation performed heroically at Birmingham, so I guess he felt he should go with the same again.

The team was full of character and commitment. They all gave everything and we had that 'nasty' edge that every team in The Championship has got. You can bet that Warnock is doing something similar at Rotherham. We need to grind out some results over the next few games and if it means resorting to the way that 90% of other teams in the division play, then so be it.

The irony is that we have not kept a clean sheet, but I thought we restricted them to very few chances and certainly deserved the win. I expect Preston to find us a pretty tough nut to crack on Tuesday, and that's exactly what we need at the moment.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

davew

Let's not go overboard about todays result, enjoy the moment, certainly!! We must remember that we just crossed the line beating a pretty poor team with no stars and I don't think I have heard anybody say they are too good to go down!! The team selection was very questionable, no width or pace and once Fredericks came on it proved that had he started we would probably had the game won by half time. Another stupid goal given away by our so called defence which could of cost us, fortunately it didn't!! I hate to say it but SJ has no more idea than our previous 4 managers when it comes to team selection, how many wins out of how many games now is it? Really pleased that today may go a long way to helping us stay up though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Baszab

grandad

Horses for courses. He picked the team to do a job against a specific opponent. He brought on Fredericks at the right time & it worked.
Where there's a will there's a wife

dannyboi-ffc

Although I'm not Ream's biggest fan I'm relieved you aren't the manager nose. Garbutt is very poor.

The only changes I can see are Frederick's and G Williams. Other than that I can't see much wrong. We aren't great but we are starting to grind out results.

I'm slowly doubting the manager but recently I think the lineups have been more suitable for a team fighting for survival. It's hard to argue with a lineup when we won. Sure we can say it was only because MK dons are awful but that's not our fault. We beat the opposition and whether its 2-1 or 6-0 it's still just the 3 points. For 80mins of that game there was only one team trying to win, and it wasn't the lot that stole a football club.

Onwards and upwards.........I think lol........
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Max Headroom

They played right down the middle. I didn't understand it till I saw mk play. No width to their game even though Murphy could have had Stearman on toast all day long. Pace v no pace

J.Perkins

Lets play with width and Woodrow then. Even though the 4 CBs and 4 CMs have got us 4 points from 2 games.

nose

Quote from: grandad on April 02, 2016, 10:14:07 PM
Horses for courses. He picked the team to do a job against a specific opponent. He brought on Fredericks at the right time & it worked.

he brought fredricks on because stearman was injured. right in foront of us, the coach instantly radioed for the change because stearmans nose (I think) was in trouble

nose

i am astounded. one very poor and lucky win against fith rate opposition, with massive frailties in our side and you could be forgiven for believeing we did well today.
the first goal to remind you was a massive bit of luck as our so called center forward massively miscontrolled the ball, and had to chase to the by line to pull it back and hope, fortunately ross had followed in.... the second was a work of art with cairney, fredricks and ross fashioning a tap in for moose.

nose

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 02, 2016, 10:26:00 PM
Although I'm not Ream's biggest fan I'm relieved you aren't the manager nose. Garbutt is very poor.

The only changes I can see are Frederick's and G Williams. Other than that I can't see much wrong. We aren't great but we are starting to grind out results.

I'm slowly doubting the manager but recently I think the lineups have been more suitable for a team fighting for survival. It's hard to argue with a lineup when we won. Sure we can say it was only because MK dons are awful but that's not our fault. We beat the opposition and whether its 2-1 or 6-0 it's still just the 3 points. For 80mins of that game there was only one team trying to win, and it wasn't the lot that stole a football club.

Onwards and upwards.........I think lol........

i agree garbutt is poor and i loathe him, but he is quick and provides width and we desparately needed that today. I prefered that gamble to the one of having no width, two full backs with no pace and four central midfielders one of which was a right footer playing on the left wing.

and even with the brilliance of four center backs, they scored from a lump up the field and to be fair, MK might have won if the linesman had not been trigger happy with the flag, i am not so sure he was offside.
I said, joca is good manager, i did not agree with what he did today even if it we won, it was risky and nearly failed.

MJG

Quote from: nose on April 02, 2016, 11:43:39 PM
i am astounded. one very poor and lucky win against fith rate opposition, with massive frailties in our side and you could be forgiven for believeing we did well today.
the first goal to remind you was a massive bit of luck as our so called center forward massively miscontrolled the ball, and had to chase to the by line to pull it back and hope, fortunately ross had followed in.... the second was a work of art with cairney, fredricks and ross fashioning a tap in for moose.

I'm sorry but you really do hate him don't you. Just admit it.
Yes his touch was heavy but had the pace to get to it  pull back at very tough angle.  But nope he was poo at doing it.
Did you even cheer when he scored?

***this is a post by the towing the party line group.