watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-C5 rubbish

Started by bog, April 03, 2016, 12:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

That Channel 5 coverage of our game last night was less than the pits or deification. What a nonsense to talk over the 'highlights' instead of a proper commentary (if you can call it that). No slow moes and no words by either manager after the game. And that Adam Virgo has to be the most boring pundit on the box. Dear oh dear.  :doh: :dft007: 096.gig

092.gif   

Lighthouse

They have had the pundits standing up with an audience. They have had them sitting down without an audience. They have had one long prog then they  split the Championship from  the rest of the League.

They have tried everything to try and make it watchable. Forgetting that all fans really want is a look at the highlights and if needs be a comment from those involved.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Does someone work that Virgo?
He is as comfortable doing that job as I am
rolling in a bed of nettles.

bill taylors apprentice

Its a shambles of a show!

There, I knew I could use that word for something else other than our team.

(Not including last two performances)

Carborundum

Watched it last night and watched a significant chunk of MOTD this morning.  Much preferred the C5 approach.  No they aren't going to make too much of a fuss of us very often, but the analysis of Burnley v Brighton was done without any of the back-in-my-day self indulgence and curriculum vitae bias japes served up as standard by Gary, Al, Wrighty and Co.  I'm utterly fed up with MOTD and C5 get my applause for deciding to be different.

If C5 didn't have to fit in ad breaks there wouldn't be a contest.

Arthur

I like both programmes.

Whatever a pundit says, someone can find fault with it if they want to. I see no point, therefore, in pulling punches and being afraid to speak ones mind. Give me, the viewer, something to think about; even if I don't agree, I'd rather this than a bland account of what happened - I can see that much for myself.  I think that MOTD's regular pundits all do a decent enough job and that C5's programme is gradually improving.

As for the criticism of Saturday's coverage of our game, I think that a bit of perspective is needed.

First, we had, prior to this weekend, been a featured match with extended highlights four times in the seven most recent Saturday fixture-lists. Even allowing for the importance of this weekend's match, it wasn't a battle that affected the top of the table and we were never likely, therefore, to feature again. (This is also the reason why there was no commentary: it only accompanies featured matches and those that were originally shown live.)

Secondly, I am convinced that supporters of other clubs couldn't care less what our manager had to say about the game. Who is bothered, for instance, that we didn't hear from Russell Slade after his side's victory over Derby? I'll confidently assert that nobody is apart from Cardiff fans, because the rest of us know that we would have heard something similar spoken a thousand times before. Personally, unless something controversial has happened, I'd rather be spared the predictable comments of Slade at al, even if it means foregoing those of my own team's manager.