https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moussa Dembele

Started by JPCL, April 06, 2016, 12:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Snibbo on April 07, 2016, 07:38:27 AM
Quote from: JPCL on April 07, 2016, 01:26:55 AM
The best strikers do nothing all game and score that one chance? Dembele did that
Not sure I agree with that. Someone like Vardy for instance, who works his socks off all game AND takes the chances that come along.
For me Vardy is a forward player, can play across a front 3 and put the chances away. A striker is someone like Lineker or Van Nistelrooy would not do too much (if any) of what Vardy does. Its what you then think Dembele is, for me he is a striker and Ross is a forward. Overall I don't care as long as they keep scoring
Every day is a Fulham day

Max Headroom

My point being for a 19 year old he is very very good, and the fact he is not the complete player doesn't really bother me.

VicHalomsLovechild

He's in a business where one bad injury could affect or even end his career. Cashing in, on his season and being at the end of his contract with us. I wouldn't blame him for securing his financial future.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

cmg

Numbers don't tell the whole truth, but in this case I think they at least give some perspective to the situation. I did a similar thing a few weeks ago. This is an updated record of all 18, 19 and 20 year old strikers (centre-forwards) in the PL and the Champ who have appeared in half or more of their clubs matches. There aint may of them and I would welcome any I have missed.

Prem
19yo     Iheamacho (MC)  played 21    3 goals    1 assist
20yo     Origi           (Liv)             13     2             1
            Martial         (MU)             25    8             4   

Champ
18yo     Ahearne-Grant (Ch) played 17     1 goal    1 assist
             Lookman          (Ch)            18     4            1
19yo     Dembele                              38   14           6
20yo     Akpom             (Hull)           20     3           0
            Wilson               (B&H)          20     4           1

Obviously achievements in the PL rate a good deal higher than those in the Champ.
Equally obviously the year older Martial is the star lot here. Not much less obviously he is worth, what? £25 million?
After that you can sort out your own pecking order. I know what mine is.

Rashford at 18 is 3 goals, 1 assist after only 5 games. More evidence required here, obviously a major talent, could be anything.

copthornemike

On a positive note for a 19 yo Moussa has taken his opportunity, and a bit of fortune, well this season. Without his goals we would be in even more trouble.

Yes, he has been fortunate to have the excellent McCormack alongside him but he has still had to be in the right place at the right time and that is why top teams are interested in him.

We can clearly see there are many parts of the game he could improve on (first touch, attitude, playing as a lone striker to name but three) but he is only 19 and clearly already has the attributes to succeed if he works hard enough, is coached well and plays alongside good, intelligent players like Ross. And lets not forget he was not brought up in this country - to make himself a success in another country at such a young age is admirable.

The real winners however are his advisors who clearly make money when he moves away from Fulham - and to be honest why would a 19 yo not have his head turned.

It is a shame FFC will not get much financial gain for assisting him but at least his (and Ross's) goals have bought the club and supporters time (hopefully) to prepare for next season in the Championship as opposed to League 1.

JOND999

i would definitely sell Moussa.  heavy first touch, gets anxious with the ball.  opposite of Berbatov, who i wish we still had .....

westcliff white

if in the prem I would have them both, in the champ I take dembele. Cant believe anyone would sell him and lose those goals. Ross would need to play differently without the pacey forward upfront

HillFace

Quote from: JOND999 on April 07, 2016, 05:24:00 PM
i would definitely sell Moussa.  heavy first touch, gets anxious with the ball.  opposite of Berbatov, who i wish we still had .....
As much as I enjoyed Berbatov being a Fulham player, he eventually became detrimental to the team. Moussa is a much better option for us just now, flaws and all.
The above may be nonsense

cmg

Quote from: cmg on April 07, 2016, 12:53:33 PM
20yo     Origi           (Liv)             13     2             1
                                                                              .........

Chalk up a European goal for this lad!!

Max Headroom

snarks

Quote from: westcliff white on April 07, 2016, 07:43:24 PM
if in the prem I would have them both, in the champ I take dembele. Cant believe anyone would sell him and lose those goals. Ross would need to play differently without the pacey forward upfront

Ross played with Smith upfront when he was at leeds the season before his move, so he has shown he can adapt to those around him

westcliff white

Quote from: snarks on April 08, 2016, 12:40:26 PM

Ross played with Smith upfront when he was at leeds the season before his move, so he has shown he can adapt to those around him
True but that was more long balls and knock downs to ross, but leeds also had pace out wide. Now Ross seems to be playing as a forward more with roaming, with Cauley for instance I do not think it would work. I think we need to  have pace in the team something we lack in the regular starting 11 without moussa.

westcliff white

Quote from: westcliff white on April 08, 2016, 01:23:18 PM
Quote from: snarks on April 08, 2016, 12:40:26 PM

True but that was more direct style and knock downs to ross, but leeds also had pace out wide. Now Ross seems to be playing as a forward more with roaming, with Cauley for instance I do not think it would work. I think we need to  have pace in the team something we lack in the regular starting 11 without moussa.