watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best Fulham XI - Inside leg less than 30"

Started by GrahamG, April 10, 2016, 09:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamG

Just a comment on how trivial this board has become. Nothing to do, of course, with me posting about my 50 year anniversary of first Fulham game and not getting a single response. Next up... Best Fulham XI whose names match well known politicians. No, I can't think of many either.

Lighthouse

Is it trivial or just relief? For too long we have had bickering and silly disagreements. Yes we have don't make that face as if you don't know what I am taking about. Posters have wanted to pick fights over the simplest and oddest of points.

So now we can all relax and start returning to the important and trivial. Ah the relief of it all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

Would you prefer me to stop doing the best eleven stuff? I only do it as a bit of fun.

Congrats on 50 years. That's a lot of dedication
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

RaySmith

The best 11 stuff is football related, and is a good bit of light relief after all the tension and arguments  caused by Fulham doing so  badly and facing relegation to League  1.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: GrahamG on April 10, 2016, 09:30:43 PM
Just a comment on how trivial this board has become. Nothing to do, of course, with me posting about my 50 year anniversary of first Fulham game and not getting a single response. Next up... Best Fulham XI whose names match well known politicians. No, I can't think of many either.

I have not been back on here very long, but that seems a strange complaint.

The 'Best Fulham 11' threads are all about opinion and with this being a forum seems like a nice place to discuss various aspects of Fulham, including various players that we have seen grace the pitch.

Your first match however was very personal to you. Perhaps if you had called the thread 'First games at the cottage' and then spoken about your first appearance it might have gathered more replies.

Apologies if this frustrates you even more, not my aim, but hopefully you can see why threads that encourage debate will probably get more replies.

VicHalomsLovechild

Montella and maybe Sarah Brookes in flat shoes.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Barrett487

I think this a sad post. It's easy to scroll past a topic that is obviously meant to lighten the mood during a traumatic season, if it offends your dejectivity. I suggest that you do that in future Graham and let those who want to contribute to these topics do so without negativity.

To fuel your new topic, Felix Magath was a Major disaster

dannyboi-ffc

I have a lot of respect for you Graham. But it is unfair that you're mocking me and it must be me because I'm the one who starts the majority of these things just because it's not your cup of tea.

This forum is for everyone and rightly or wrongly part of my role as a mod is to not only sort out problems but try to maintain a happy atmosphere to prevent problems occuring.

These threads and games take people's minds off of the stresses of our dismal situation. And whilst you don't like them clearly others do because they are never ignored. It also gives an opportunity for all generations to mention their past favourites from all generations and is a way of connecting the old to the new.

That doesn't mean to say Fof is a game show or trivial as you put it. The personal touch you're after with your 50th anniversary is something I also do regularly.  I do my best to respond to all these types of threads and do many myself. Just this Saturday I posted that my daughter went to her first game and how proud I was. That to me was as big a deal as your 50th anniversary but you never acknowledged it. I am very open about my fulham experience from my Grandad to the birth of my children who are our clubs future, that to me is not trivial. My children are 4th generation and hopefully she can one day tell our next generation of fof members that 50 years ago her first game was Cardiff and we won.

So from poems, to personal touches, to showing enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn the club's history, to analysing games and the situation, running tipping cups , arranging meet ups and doing trivial stuff I think it's fair to say I try to give a balance. 

Nothing is stopping you from starting your own threads to create debate or tell us your story. They are very much appreciated and I have no doubt they will receive big interest.

Just please, don't mock me in future for no reason. Come to the next fof meet up, I will be happy to buy you a pint.  082.gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

F(f)CUK

Neil D

Quote from: GrahamG on April 10, 2016, 09:30:43 PM
Next up... Best Fulham XI whose names match well known politicians. No, I can't think of many either.
If it's just surnames: Stan or Roger Brown / George Brown; Tosh Chamberlain / Neville Chamberlain; Justin Skinner / Dennis Skinner aka Beast of Bolsover.

Wearethewhites

What a very odd chap...

Obviously been on the source, or had a bad day, and thought he'd take it out on the forum.

Pathetic rant, deletes his account for sympathy.

Move along, we've all seen this before.

NogoodBoyo

Best Fulham team of Grahams?
Nogood "sorry Graham, couldn't resist it, isit" Boyo

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 10, 2016, 09:54:43 PM
Would you prefer me to stop doing the best eleven stuff? I only do it as a bit of fun.

Congrats on 50 years. That's a lot of dedication

Carry on with your best eleven posts. Their titles make the subject matter clear so that those who don't find them of interest can just pass on by. There is no harm in such 'trivial' posts.

What kills this site and is the bane of the internet in general are trolling negative and abusive posts like the OP. Shameful.

Twig

Personally I enjoy the best 11 threads.  Sometimes I contribute, sometimes I don't have time.  However during dark times when we are prone to turning against one another I have no problem with harmless posts that generate opinion and lighten the mood.
Sorry Graham, on this one I can't sympathise with your post.

Holders

I think DB does a great job and entertains many of us. His enthusiasm for the club and this board is obvious but if someone doesn't want to contribute to one of his topics then just pass over it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

Graham you shouldnt let it worry you that no one
answered your topic.
Nobody likes me either, except the wife
and Stray Dogs..... :012:  :012:  :012:  :012:  :012:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 12, 2016, 04:30:29 PM
answered your topic.
Nobody likes me either except the wife

My wife boos me when I wake up in the morning.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 12, 2016, 06:04:21 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 12, 2016, 04:30:29 PM
answered your topic.
Nobody likes me either except the wife

My wife boos me when I wake up in the morning.

On a really good day I can make it until about 9 am before getting into trouble with the wife.

Dannyboi is doing a grand job and we should all be encouraging him to keep up the good work.

Peabody

How's about Bobby Moss, Dave Metchick. Oh, and me!!!