Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: cmg on June 29, 2016, 01:13:32 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 29, 2016, 12:32:11 PM
Fulham want to sign Ghanaian youngster Maxwell Acosty

He owned by Serie A side Fiorentina but runs out of contract at the end of the month.

Have we kissed and made up with Fiorentina?

Maybe they watched his 2nd season with us and decided we did them a favor.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

cmg

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 29, 2016, 01:38:09 PM
Quote from: cmg on June 29, 2016, 01:13:32 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 29, 2016, 12:32:11 PM
Fulham want to sign Ghanaian youngster Maxwell Acosty

He owned by Serie A side Fiorentina but runs out of contract at the end of the month.

Have we kissed and made up with Fiorentina?

Maybe they watched his 2nd season with us and decided we did them a favor.

As long as we sent them the money for the plane ticket, they're probably OK about it now.

Actually Acosty is quite interesting.

Pros: Genuine winger (both sides). Quite quick. Skillful. Scores a few. At 24 seems like he might still be on the up.

Cons: Made little impact at Serie A (although only 20 when tried there).
          Has had a grand tour of no fewer than 8 Italian clubs. This may mean that he is gaining valuable experience or may mean he is a 'not quite' sort of player - and we have had plenty of those in the past.
          Has not seem to have attracted the attention of Ghana selectors at any level - although he may be naturalised Italian by now.
          Just mention that those 24 years are West African ones!

MJG

Quote from: Statto on June 29, 2016, 02:36:14 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 18, 2016, 06:03:58 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 18, 2016, 12:28:56 PM
The last figures I saw acouple of years ago are that a category 1 youth system should have spent on it least 2.3m per year. That does not include wages I believe but the total running costs of coaches and everything else related to it.

so you need to be churning out a roberts or dembele every year 

seems i shouldn't have included dembele among players whose transfer fees might justify the academy

looks like it's just roberts

although of course none of us really know what we got even for him
You could argue that the possible total fees of the 3 players is say 6.5M, so thats paid for 2-3 years of the academy.

Ronnief

We currently have seven academy players in our first team squad surely that in itself justifies the academy.  We also have several highly promising youngsters that could become first team players.

MJG

Quote from: Ronnief on June 29, 2016, 03:38:31 PM
We currently have seven academy players in our first team squad surely that in itself justifies the academy.  We also have several highly promising youngsters that could become first team players.
Agreed and I should have put that sort of point on my last post.

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on June 29, 2016, 03:42:52 PM

Noticed Sessegnon training with the first team in the first day back posts, do you think he could make the step up?
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on June 29, 2016, 03:44:06 PM

Noticed Sessegnon training with the first team in the first day back posts, do you think he could make the step up?
You have to worry (or be excited) that hes involved at 16. But everyone rates the lad, but as we have seen its a tough move to play in the first team, and that's without him playing U18/21 football.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on June 29, 2016, 03:47:10 PM

You have to worry (or be excited) that hes involved at 16. But everyone rates the lad, but as we have seen its a tough move to play in the first team, and that's without him playing U18/21 football.

Maybe he is there for other reasons such as to make up the numbers for the training session or to give him a taste of being around the first team as a reward rather than as a permanent move up to the first team squad.

cmg

Yes, he's the next big thing and its a sensible and encouraging move to have him work with the big boys . I also like Dennis Adeniran.
However the last three 'next big things' have now departed the scene and the last two energetic midfielders I raved about have ended up respectively in the Swiss 2nd tier and at Bedford Town so, for the moment, I'll just stay quietly hopeful about these two, and any others.

On the subject of Academy value it would certainly be necessary to show on the balance sheet somewhere the replacement value of the likes of Bettinelli, LVC, Woodrow, Williams and even Jorenen, Grimmer, Kavanagh and Burgess. Even squad players have to come from somewhere.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Statto on June 29, 2016, 03:30:16 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 29, 2016, 03:16:13 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 29, 2016, 02:36:14 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 18, 2016, 06:03:58 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 18, 2016, 12:28:56 PM
The last figures I saw acouple of years ago are that a category 1 youth system should have spent on it least 2.3m per year. That does not include wages I believe but the total running costs of coaches and everything else related to it.

so you need to be churning out a roberts or dembele every year 

seems i shouldn't have included dembele among players whose transfer fees might justify the academy

looks like it's just roberts

although of course none of us really know what we got even for him
You could argue that the possible total fees of the 3 players is say 6.5M, so thats paid for 2-3 years of the academy.

ok, well it's been category 1 for 4 yrs now so it's in arrears

A friend of mines son plays in the Southampton academy as they are investing in the south West.
The coach was telling him if this they sell one player for 10mil it will cover the 9 sites for 5 years. That's discounting all the other smaller transfers you might get.

cmg

Dimi's coming home?

"Transfer News Live ‏@LiveTransferNew  36m36 minutes ago
DEVELOPING: Free Agent Dimitar Berbatov has held talks with 2 unnamed Sky Bet Championship sides."

[Lights blue touchpaper and retires]    086.gif

Wearethewhites

Galatasaray and Leicester now interested in Delaney. 

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: cmg on June 29, 2016, 09:23:04 PM

Dimi's coming home?

"Transfer News Live ‏@LiveTransferNew  36m36 minutes ago
DEVELOPING: Free Agent Dimitar Berbatov has held talks with 2 unnamed Sky Bet Championship sides."

[Lights blue touchpaper and retires]    086.gif

If that happens, I hope Amorebieta stays so that he can reprise this:

just once during the season for good ol' Dimi.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 29, 2016, 09:25:15 PM
Gala were interested before us! Leicester is a new one perhaps bargain basement buying to replace Kante
Every day is a Fulham day

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on June 29, 2016, 10:21:03 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on June 29, 2016, 09:25:15 PM
Gala were interested before us! Leicester is a new one perhaps bargain basement buying to replace Kante

Think (hope) Leicester would be setting their sights a little higher than Delaney, no disrespect to the player

ffcwickford

Sessegnon is going to be something special and given this, we will probably need to bring him along carefully, but not hold him back. We have been guilty of doing this initially with Roberts, Hyndman and Dembele.

There is no way to not be rolled over by the big spending clubs, unless the EPL grows a pair of balls and stop them 'ripping' the less well off members of the pyramid! Now we are out of Europe, or on the cusp of it, does that mean clubs from abroad have to pay a proper fee for 'stealing' our academy stars.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: ffcwickford on June 29, 2016, 11:19:40 PM
Sessegnon is going to be something special and given this, we will probably need to bring him along carefully, but not hold him back. We have been guilty of doing this initially with Roberts, Hyndman and Dembele.

There is no way to not be rolled over by the big spending clubs, unless the EPL grows a pair of balls and stop them 'ripping' the less well off members of the pyramid! Now we are out of Europe, or on the cusp of it, does that mean clubs from abroad have to pay a proper fee for 'stealing' our academy stars.

Hes already gone, we didnt hold Roberts or Dembele back. Roberts wasn't up to it physically, he was a boy, he was told by Symons he would figure prominently last season but sought pastures new. Dembele was a first team regular at 19 and Hyndman has spent large periods out of action due to injuries.
Bottom line is we're s struggling championship club and with all the will in the world we wont hold on to any talented youngster

Mince n Tatties

Apparently being offered £30,000 a week by Norwich.
Surely we could match that,will score goals in Championship,feet
and head,and holds the ball up well..
Like to see us jump in there for him... 049:gif

J.Perkins

I'll second that. He is goal scoring record in the PL isn't great, but he should be a more than decent championship forward.

Friendsoffulham

#Fulham linkee Daniel Adlung has signed a new deal with 1860 Munich. #FFC