watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsfield_No9

First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

HillFace

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 28, 2016, 06:01:57 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 28, 2016, 05:50:24 PM
Quote from: Ronnief on June 28, 2016, 05:44:50 PM
Dembele  has gone to Celtic 
Has signed a four year deal

Good, they can send him on loan to Motherwell to further his career

Trust me, Motherwell couldn't afford his taxi from Glasgow never mind his wages. Would be nice though.
The above may be nonsense

westcliff white

Bummer if true, although I think 11 million was steep for him
Every day is a Fulham day

HillingdonFFC

Gayle hasn't actually put pen to paper yet, or has he?. Still haven't given up hope on him, I know people who know him and he wanted to stay in the South, so might not be sign sealed and settled to Newcastle

westcliff white

one report overnight said he is having a medical there today, but is all speculation

Bronaldinho

Looks like the player Jokanovic flew to Copenhagen for was Copenhagen captain, Thomas Delaney.

Central midfielder, 24 years of age.

Apparently a natural holding midfielder -something we need!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Hoppus

Quote from: Statto on June 29, 2016, 08:18:04 AM
So dembele follows lonergan, burn, Hutchinson, o'hara, kacaniklic and hyndman out the door. Well We all wanted to see lots of transfers this summer and the club have delivered that... But still none in the direction we wanted. Maybe they are just trying to teach us lesson like those old genie in a bottle stories where all the person's wishes go wrong.

This is my thoughts, not a blueprint.

The squad last season contained many good players, but there was no common thread in the composition of the squad. O`Hara and Kacaniklic are both talented players, but they are far too unstable as I see it. They also got criticized on this forum, so I am a bit surprised that people are upset when we let them go.

Hyndman and Dembele are players I would like to stay at Fulham, but they got other plans and we can't tie them up at Motspur Park if they want to leave.  Hutchinson was not a regular, and Burn was average as I see it. We need players out to get others in.

We need not only good players but people who can fit into the way Jako will play football. Therefore, I hope that cooperation between Jako and Rigg is good, if not we can quickly end up with good players that are not being used properly.

My club in Norway has an incorporated style of football. The club always buys players to fit your system, the link between the head coach, the scout and the head of sports (Stig Inge Bjørneby – former Liverpool player) is really good. I hope that Jokanovic and Rigg can cooperate well and build a decent squad that is well composed.
Again, excuse my English 

BedsFFC

Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 29, 2016, 08:52:35 AM
Looks like the player Jokanovic flew to Copenhagen for was Copenhagen captain, Thomas Delaney.

Wonder what Kvist would have told him?

(Kvist plays for same club)

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: BedsFFC on June 29, 2016, 09:48:46 AM

The article also mentions Odeegard and Benjamin Verbič also, two wingers. I'd be happy to finally land some natural wingers along with Williams returning. Hopefully there's some truth in the 3 rumors!

Hoppus

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on June 29, 2016, 10:25:47 AM

The article also mentions Odeegard and Benjamin Verbič also, two wingers. I'd be happy to finally land some natural wingers along with Williams returning. Hopefully there's some truth in the 3 rumors!

It said that Odegaard and Verbic was one of the roumours, but that the guy Joka talked to was Delaney.

westcliff white

Quote from: Hoppus on June 29, 2016, 10:45:35 AM

It said that Odegaard and Verbic was one of the roumours, but that the guy Joka talked to was Delaney.

He was also in Madrid isnt that where Oodegaard plays these days

Chutney

Delaney is a club captain already at 24, has faced the likes of real madrid in the champions league, he's a holding midfielder and a full international. This would be excellent work going on the brief bits I know about him. But, be cautious, Voser had a similar CV.
C O Y W

Hoppus

Quote from: Chutney on June 29, 2016, 11:31:18 AM
Delaney is a club captain already at 24, has faced the likes of real madrid in the champions league, he's a holding midfielder and a full international. This would be excellent work going on the brief bits I know about him. But, be cautious, Voser had a similar CV.

Delaney is pure quality, and I am very suprised if we get him.

Friendsoffulham

Fulham want to sign Ghanaian youngster Maxwell Acosty

English Championship side Fulham are said to be interested in signing Ghanaian winger Maxwell Acosty.

The former Ghana youth international played last season on loan at Latina.

He owned by Serie A side Fiorentina but runs out of contract at the end of the month.

Fulham must fight Italian side Genoa who have also expressed interest in signing him.

Acosty joined Fiorentina in 2009 but has been on loan to Chievo, Carpi, Modena and Latina.

VamosFFC

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 29, 2016, 12:32:11 PM

English Championship side Fulham are said to be interested in signing Ghanaian winger Maxwell Acosty.

The former Ghana youth international played last season on loan at Latina.

He owned by Serie A side Fiorentina but runs out of contract at the end of the month.

Fulham must fight Italian side Genoa who have also expressed interest in signing him.

Acosty joined Fiorentina in 2009 but has been on loan to Chievo, Carpi, Modena and Latina.

I just read another article on this, and it looks like we're in the lead to sign him. It does mention Genoa, but says Fulham are in the lead to sign him.

This looks promising!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on June 29, 2016, 10:56:52 AM

Yes it is ..... last I read. I take it that some of these transfers will be loans. Odegaard was supposed to be the new "next Messi". Would seem odd for Madrid to have given up already.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Tonywa

Quote from: Chutney on June 29, 2016, 11:31:18 AM

My business partner is Danish and is very complimentary about Delaney, particularly his performance in a recent international. On the other hand considering that he is Copenhagen's captain and that any fee is likely to be high, he thinks we would be lucky to get him.

cmg

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 29, 2016, 12:32:11 PM

Have we kissed and made up with Fiorentina?

TWFL

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 29, 2016, 01:11:06 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 29, 2016, 10:56:52 AM

Yes it is ..... last I read. I take it that some of these transfers will be loans. Odegaard was supposed to be the new "next Messi". Would seem odd for Madrid to have given up already.
Highly doubt that we'd be going for a permanent move for Odegaard. Would happily take him on loan though, he's a class act.