https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: TWFL on July 04, 2016, 11:22:34 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 04, 2016, 11:10:37 AM
Chris Gunter available for 1 million,Celtic ready to pounce.
Come on Fulham,he is a decent right back..

Got a few Forest fans who really, really don't rate him. No thanks.

Plays for Reading,and being playing well for Wales.
Better than what we got..

westcliff white

he keeps jazz out of the wales team, so must be better than Jazz. I also know a forets fan who doesnt rate him highly but a Reading fan here at work says he is ok. Horses for Courses.
Every day is a Fulham day

Hoppus

Fulham target Stefan Johansen is wanted by Galatasaray and some german clubs.

Horsfield_No9

Berbatov back to Fulham? His wife tweets she hopes so and apparently 2 Champ clubs are in for him.

Invalid Tweet ID
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 04, 2016, 03:24:05 PM
Berbatov back to Fulham? His wife tweets she hopes so and apparently 2 Champ clubs are in for him.

Invalid Tweet ID

We have had an awful 3 years. I really have fallen out of love with the game. Don't get a kick out watching a match. Really only interested in Fulham.

If this happened I would just turn off for a while.

Chutney

Am I the only one that loved Berbatov when he was here? Easily one of the most technically gifted footballers we've ever had.

His game has never relied on pace or stamina so his age isn't much of an issue, he managed to score a good amount of goals for us in a really poor side and he'd be good for at least 15 in the championship as well as the assists he provides.

I know they say never go back, but I'd love this!
C O Y W

Lighthouse

Not if we are talking about improvement in the league. A player to come on and do a few tricks. But no pace and frankly not the type of player we would need.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

I thought his first season was outstanding for us his second not so but then I blame Jol ft changing tactics. If he had played the same way as the first season the Berba would have been or in my mind. However if he is coming back then it would surely mean Ross is off as a very slow frontline that would be

cmg

Quote from: Chutney on July 04, 2016, 03:59:28 PM
Am I the only one that loved Berbatov when he was here? Easily one of the most technically gifted footballers we've ever had.

It's two years down the line, now and I don't generally agree with trying to resurrect the past - so I don't really think this would be a good idea.

But, no. You were not the only one who loved Berbatov when he was here. There was, of course, him.

But I, too, loved watching him play and I worshiped the people he walked on. The most skillful player we have had since Best strolled off to spend more time with his barmaid.

Nobody better typified the kind of divisions we still see on here. Those who like to see players tearing all over the place with soaking jerseys and those who prefer those who stroll around without a hair out of place. Sweat v Skill.
Many hated his t-shirt message - I think he was spot on.

MJG

The last thing we need is a walking pace player up front.
Great first season, best touch of a player in the white shirt ever,  but not what we need now.

Porthogs FC

Who are we kidding FOF. A 4-3-3, Jok's preferred set-up, works much better with Berbatov than McMac. Cairney at the tip of the back three, Berbatov at the tip of the top three, speedy wingers with overlapping runs from fullbacks, and then LVC and a new holding mid. How would we not want that? Do we forget that Berbatov was a better key passer, shooter and header than almost anyone that we've had for the past 10 years??
Only caveat? We still need another forward in case Berbatov losses interest yet again. That will happen if we start losing.

spikey norman

Invalid Tweet ID

A friend told me that he had read ( I don't know where) that Berba has held talks with Brighton and Newcastle

westcliff white

As it stands we will have a very slow front line so Berba would make no difference to that.

Going back is something that never really works out or so they say, but I think Ivir did ok when he returned, but in this case it maybe for the best, I have no doubt he can play in the division and would cause havoc but if we have Berba, Ross and Cauley we would be quite pedestrian no matter how much pace is out wide. Although laying the right way for him could destroy the championship.

CMG is right though he dived the board in the past mainly his second season, we should forget the happiness most felt when he joined and not ignore the skills, talent, assists and goals we loved to see him do, create and score. The apathy towards him came in the second season as we struggled, which he wasn't suited for, but I again say to me that was down to a change in the way we played.

cmg

Sky Sports News reporting that Fulham returned for pre-season training today!
Who were those charlatans running around at Motspur Park last week?

No wonder we get so many ludicrous rumours when supposedly professional news organisations can't even get something that simple right.

HillingdonFFC

Looks like Watford lining up Thomas Delaney , so might have to ditch this one

westcliff white

Quote from: spikey norman on July 04, 2016, 04:42:46 PM

Invalid Tweet ID

A friend told me that he had read ( I don't know where) that Berba has held talks with Brighton and Newcastle
Wouldn't surprise me as he knows Hughton, and could live in London if he played there, Rafa could well tempt him too

kdjr100

I would rather Berba was playing for us than against us! He really needs to have good players, on his wavelength to shine. I think Mccormack is probably the only player we have who could link up with him and despite the lack of pace the two would make a good pairing (good touch and clever movement can make up for sheer pace and these two have it in abundance!)
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

Northern Cottager

Doesn't look like we're going hell for leather to get promoted so I'd rather we signed someone like Berbatov to at least get us mid table with some class and entertainment.

Much rather him than some less talented player who runs a lot but doesn't entertain, watching Fulham is a chore as it is.

Two Ton Ted

Regardless of his ability, if Barbatov is the answer, someone is asking the wrong questions.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Horsfield_No9

I can't see any truth in this one myself. Just doesn't add up. Bet he'd still want a pretty penny in wages too.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.