more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Clubs report for Stekelenburg

Maarten Stekelenburg has put his sights on a new club. The keeper comes out next season anyway no longer in action for AS Monaco, that the Dutchman hired for one season.

The goalkeeper is still to mid 2017 under contract with Fulham, but chooses it up for a new adventure. According to the management of Stekelenburg there is sufficient interest. "Fortunately, we have some options," said agent Rob Jansen.

Stekelenburg ended last season on a dead track at Fulham and had therefore rent to Monaco. Also in the principality, he had to settle for a reserve role. The 32-year-old Haarlem had eight appearances for Monaco.

http://nos.nl/artikel/2035963-clubs-melden-zich-voor-stekelenburg.html

spikey norman

Today's Sun saying we are interested in Bournemouth's Lee Tomlin

colinwhite

Looked about  a stone overweight when we played again Bristol city at the cottage , but he still ran the second half and got the winner. Please no more signings of players that did well against us in the league . we surely have to be doing more profiling than that !

twang

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 18, 2016, 03:32:44 PM
Clubs report for Stekelenburg

Maarten Stekelenburg has put his sights on a new club. The keeper comes out next season anyway no longer in action for AS Monaco, that the Dutchman hired for one season.

The goalkeeper is still to mid 2017 under contract with Fulham, but chooses it up for a new adventure. According to the management of Stekelenburg there is sufficient interest. "Fortunately, we have some options," said agent Rob Jansen.

Stekelenburg ended last season on a dead track at Fulham and had therefore rent to Monaco. Also in the principality, he had to settle for a reserve role. The 32-year-old Haarlem had eight appearances for Monaco.

http://nos.nl/artikel/2035963-clubs-melden-zich-voor-stekelenburg.html

That's from almost exactly a year ago.

Jims Dentist

Could not see Tomlin AND McCormack in the same 11.
They are more than a bit similar.

Wearethewhites

Southampton looking to make Stekelenburg a permanent transfer with the fee rumoured to be 2M.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 18, 2016, 08:38:12 PM
Southampton looking to make Stekelenburg a permanent transfer with the fee rumoured to be 2M.

His agent sure doesn't make it sound like that is in the cards. Hopefully, he's being truthful (a stretch, I know) and we can get a bit of a bidding war going to drive up the price.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

Fulham are interested in signing Glenn Murray from Bournemouth.

The 32-year-old left Crystal Palace for £4million last August but the Cherries are understood to be prepared to let him go on a free.

Fulham, who had their transfer embargo lifted this week, would take on his £30,000-a-week wages.

Murray scored five goals in 25 appearances this season, including the late winner in their narrow victory against champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, but made just six starts.

The former Brighton striker has not made more than 20 starts in a season since 2012/13, when he scored 30 Championship goals to help fire Palace into the Premier League via the play-offs.

But the Cottagers are ready to take a gamble with Moussa Dembele set for the exit this summer.

Murray has two years left on his contract at Bournemouth, while Standard Sport understands they are reluctant to let Callum Wilson depart this summer and will maintain a firm stance.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 19, 2016, 01:10:18 PM
Fulham are interested in signing Glenn Murray from Bournemouth.

The 32-year-old left Crystal Palace for £4million last August but the Cherries are understood to be prepared to let him go on a free.

Fulham, who had their transfer embargo lifted this week, would take on his £30,000-a-week wages.

Murray scored five goals in 25 appearances this season, including the late winner in their narrow victory against champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, but made just six starts.

The former Brighton striker has not made more than 20 starts in a season since 2012/13, when he scored 30 Championship goals to help fire Palace into the Premier League via the play-offs.

But the Cottagers are ready to take a gamble with Moussa Dembele set for the exit this summer.

Murray has two years left on his contract at Bournemouth, while Standard Sport understands they are reluctant to let Callum Wilson depart this summer and will maintain a firm stance.

Yes, please!

AnEssexFan

I don't see this Murray deal being a good deal. Mid 30s, hardly played in last couple of seasons, high wages (by championship standards, no pace. Would rather we look for a younger, fitter/faster, cheaper alternative.
@leightonrw07

@jolslover

I would love Kalas, and I would take Murray on a 1 year deal. Nothing long term tho, he gets goals
STH H3

Porthogs FC

Quote from: AnEssexFan on May 19, 2016, 03:00:00 PM
I don't see this Murray deal being a good deal. Mid 30s, hardly played in last couple of seasons, high wages (by championship standards, no pace. Would rather we look for a younger, fitter/faster, cheaper alternative.
I'm not too worried about striker speed if the rest of the team has pace. Especially with someone like Murray, who again had a great head on his shoulders both for being in the right place most of the time and heading the ball. However, he and McMac would be awful in the same team. That would definitely be too slow. Murray needs speed around him to get the best out of him.

ToodlesMcToot

Murray would be pretty expensive, wage-wise, for someone who'd likely be a 60 min man. Do folks not see his starting fewer than 20 games per season since 2013 as a bit of a red flag?

I'm not too familiar with his current circumstances. Was he just deemed a backup, emergency player for Bournmouth? Or was he out so much because of injury?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

The Sun believes head coach Slavisa Jokanovic wants striker Lee Tomlin and the Evening Standard speculates forward Glenn Murray is on the Cottage shopping list.

Tomlin, 27, has featured sparingly for Bournemouth this season, making just six appearances.

Allegedly, Newcastle United and Bristol City are also keen to secure Tomlin's services

Fulham, who had their transfer embargo lifted this week, would apparently be willing to pay former Crystal Palace striker Murray's wages, which the Standard say is £30,000 a week.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Murray over Tomlin any day, unless Ross and Dembele goes then take both. Murray on around 30k apparently.

Kalas would be a decent one to get too, but not seen us linked with him yet
Every day is a Fulham day

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I can't see the reason for any loan deals (unless we have an option to buy) if we are looking to build a squad for th
promotion this coming season and sustainability in the PS.
Anyone signed should initially be capable of both
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ffcjazzle

Victor Anichebe leaving WBA on a free
Invalid Tweet ID

Will he drop to the championship though?

@jolslover

STH H3

EricB

translation of link above

his recent interview to Faro de Vigo, Carlos Mouriño unveiled the Celta had received an offer of six million euros from a club in the English Championship by a major player. From ElDesmarque Vigo you can confirm that the player is Sergi Gómez and that two negotiating teams are joining Fulham and Queens Park Rangers.

Sergi Gómez, present and future to the axis of the rear
Celta wants to renew Sergi Gómez
The first to give the name of Catalan was the companion of Your Radio, Fon García, on his personal Twitter account. After confirming the information, we got in touch with the player's agent, Francesc Valdivieso, who confirmed that Sergi Gomez has an English agent who is responsible for managing its future. This person directly leads negotiations both with the British clubs like Celta for its renewal.

Although Mouriño goes almost closed the renewal of the plant, Valdivieso assured us that "can be intense for summer because it has already received proposals from Fulham and QPR;. And are not the only the exact amount of the clause is unknown termination of Sergi Gómez, although it could be around those 6 million euros.

The defense contract ends on 30 June 2017 and in England is a player with a big sign. personal friends as Muniesa, current player of Stoke City, you have spoken well of British football. So far, only Fulham and QPR, two clubs from the English second division with great economic potential, have held serious negotiations with the British agent Catalan. Sergi Gómez frowns not an exit, but only one irresistible offer economically would take to leave Celta by a team from the Championship. Summer is expected intense in 'Casa Celta' with this matter.

Recommended News

Bronaldinho

Wouldn't really want Tomlin personally, and I can't see Murray working with McCormack.

Weird that we've been linked with Sergi Gomez - 6m euros is a lot of money for one player, but I guess if he's the defender we need then it's priceless.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com